August 19, 2019, 03:22:41 PM

Author Topic: recent server hack  (Read 346 times)

Offline serio

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
recent server hack
« on: July 23, 2019, 10:20:46 PM »
so, in case you visited the page during the last week or so, you may have noticed a 404 not found error. someone hacked the piiym.net server and wiped the entire thing. everyone's hosted pages, mine included were erased. thankfully he didn't wipe the databases, so restoring the forum was easy, minus the corrupt attachments. i'm trying to fix them. fixed attachments. some may still be missing, those would be anything uploaded after the last site backup which was probably about 8 months ago, they're gone.

most of the game was stored on mega.nz, so it wasn't lost, the sources, after proper repackaging so there's no more setting up needed are now also hosted there to avoid future problems. as for the main and the rips pages, rest in peace. i won't be restoring those, they were dead since long ago.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 09:08:51 AM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
Re: recent server hack
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2019, 05:43:32 PM »
Hmm and do you happen to still have the individual sprite rips still stored somewhere or have they been lost for a while now too?

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline serio

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 08:52:26 AM »
i may still have them somewhere, probably mixed in with all the random crap leftovers from ripping and workfiles. if i find them, maybe i'll upload them to some external sprite rip page.
Dracula was here

Offline D MAS

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 07:03:56 AM »
why the hell would anyone do that? crap like this makes me lose what little faith in humanity i have

sorry you had to deal with that bs

Offline Brave Fencer Musashi

• I'm brazilian and I make Youtube Poops.
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 02:14:14 PM »
Got to know this game only because Montano was in it. I hope something can be restored to some point...
If anyone got links to the translated Montano games, please bring them back as serios link died

Offline Joshua Stellar

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 06:03:05 AM »
Jeez. Thankfully you got the site back up and salvaged a fair bit of stuff. Kinda strange to me that someone would hack this site, though.

general forums