July 21, 2017, 02:36:15 PM

Author Topic: General Suggestions  (Read 74086 times)

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #1080 on: April 22, 2017, 08:12:08 AM »
Last times,i read that you guys went to the Castlevania Dungeon to recruit some helps.
Well,how you guys are doing in there? any luck?
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #1081 on: April 22, 2017, 10:58:40 PM »
While a few people seemed interested, it appeared as if some were a bit bitter towards this project,  or were otherwise unresponsive. Sadly, the few that were interested never responded to me.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #1082 on: April 27, 2017, 11:43:20 AM »
Not specifically a suggestion, but I was looking for French surnames to use for... reasons, when I found the Belmont surname actually comes from France. Silly me, should have guessed.

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #1083 on: April 30, 2017, 12:16:59 AM »
I suggest that freeze status cannot be inflicted in a while since the last time it was inflicted. This is to prevent from using it many times in a row, preventing the enemy to attack.
If this were done, I also suggest recovering the time that last the status in 6.18 and make it possible to be added in the bosses in arcade mode that can be added in 6.18.

These changes would rebalance this status, making the use of this status more strategic based, without being overpowered.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:56:31 AM by Cenit »
I'm Spanish, sorry for my English

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #1084 on: April 30, 2017, 02:46:40 AM »
I suggest that freeze status cannot be inflicted in a while since the last time it was inflicted. This is to prevent from using it many times in a row, preventing the enemy to attack.
If this were done, I also suggest recovering the time that last the status in 6.18 and make it possible to be added in the bosses in arcade mode that can be added in 6.18.

These changes would rebalance this status, making the use of this status more strategic based, without being overpowered.

Are you talking about refreezing? That sounds like an issue that was solved already, 0.6.20 is the most recent version, not 0.6.18.

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
« Reply #1085 on: April 30, 2017, 01:50:25 PM »
Are you talking about refreezing? That sounds like an issue that was solved already, 0.6.20 is the most recent version, not 0.6.18.

In 0.6.20 I see the change that the duration of freeze is lower than in 0.6.18 it was, so the enemy has the time to be thaw and move before you attack again with a freeze move. But generally you can freeze it many times in a row at least until you run out of MP.

The change I suggest is to extend the duration you cannot freeze him consecutively, for example the time that last the burn status.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #1086 on: April 30, 2017, 04:42:06 PM »
In 0.6.20 I see the change that the duration of freeze is lower than in 0.6.18 it was, so the enemy has the time to be thaw and move before you attack again with a freeze move. But generally you can freeze it many times in a row at least until you run out of MP.

The change I suggest is to extend the duration you cannot freeze him consecutively, for example the time that last the burn status.

I thought you meant VS mode with the possibility of freezing the opponent for combo loops, do you mean against bosses where they'll be in the cold status? I don't see the big deal with that, them being in a cold status only makes them take more damage from fire attacks and do some minimum damage while they're in cold status, with Shanoa for example, throwing multiple icycles will only make them be in the cold status for longer but that won't do anything to make them less agressive, unless I'm missing something, I don't see the big deal, can you make a video or post pictures if I missed your point?

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
« Reply #1087 on: April 30, 2017, 05:40:20 PM »
I thought you meant VS mode with the possibility of freezing the opponent for combo loops, do you mean against bosses where they'll be in the cold status? I don't see the big deal with that, them being in a cold status only makes them take more damage from fire attacks and do some minimum damage while they're in cold status, with Shanoa for example, throwing multiple icycles will only make them be in the cold status for longer but that won't do anything to make them less agressive, unless I'm missing something, I don't see the big deal, can you make a video or post pictures if I missed your point?

I was talking about this freeze status:

About this status I don't see any problem of how it works:
« Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:51:05 PM by Cenit »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #1088 on: April 30, 2017, 07:17:02 PM »
I was talking about this freeze status:

So it's the refreezing glitch in VS mode then, in 0.6.20 version it shouldn't be possible for it to happen anymore, if you hit the opponent while they're frozen, they'll enter cold status, if you try to hit them after the the ice covering them disapears, they won't get hit, if it's still happening in 0.6.20 then you have to say how, I can't make it happen at all.

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
« Reply #1089 on: April 30, 2017, 09:04:42 PM »
So it's the refreezing glitch in VS mode then, in 0.6.20 version it shouldn't be possible for it to happen anymore, if you hit the opponent while they're frozen, they'll enter cold status, if you try to hit them after the the ice covering them disapears, they won't get hit, if it's still happening in 0.6.20 then you have to say how, I can't make it happen at all.

This is a example with Albus:

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #1090 on: April 30, 2017, 09:46:44 PM »
This is a example with Albus:

Ah I see, I've tested it out here, this happens only against player-boss version of the characters in any difficulty, their armor is not ignoring freezing status like it should, like it happens with boss version of Richter, Albus and Stella, the player-boss characters should be in the cold status like everyone else.

If you happen to find other glitches like this, specify things like who you used, who it was against, which mode and whatnot, details really help to make the glitch happen to see what's the issue.

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
« Reply #1091 on: April 30, 2017, 10:56:10 PM »
Ah I see, I've tested it out here, this happens only against player-boss version of the characters in any difficulty, their armor is not ignoring freezing status like it should, like it happens with boss version of Richter, Albus and Stella, the player-boss characters should be in the cold status like everyone else.

If you happen to find other glitches like this, specify things like who you used, who it was against, which mode and whatnot, details really help to make the glitch happen to see what's the issue.
It happens with every playable character in Survival.

But it isn't a glitch, it's just a suggestion. In fact, in hard and nightmare difficult, enemies move fast and they can evade the freezing attacks easy, so if you try to create a freeze loop you will fail.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #1092 on: May 01, 2017, 05:24:06 AM »
It happens with every playable character in Survival.

But it isn't a glitch, it's just a suggestion. In fact, in hard and nightmare difficult, enemies move fast and they can evade the freezing attacks easy, so if you try to create a freeze loop you will fail.

It's a glitch, no AI opponent is supposed to be frozen, that's something that's supposed to happen only on VS mode.

Even if you can't loop, to be able to freeze the opponent gives a lot of breathing room, Shanoa can also do Icycle, A, icycle, A, Icycle, A... She can unfreeze the opponent and freeze them again with this loop, and I imagine this would work against every player-boss character except maybe Richter/Hanz and Stella, but even so, just being able to freeze them to stop their pressure already does a lot.

Offline Cenit

• I am the morning sun
« Reply #1093 on: May 02, 2017, 06:02:08 PM »
It's a glitch, no AI opponent is supposed to be frozen, that's something that's supposed to happen only on VS mode.

It's deliberated.
You can see this in 0.6.20 changes:
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/changelog.txt

I quote word for word the lines:

"-boss player characters (albus etc) don't get frozen by freezing attacks in arcade mode anymore. only in survival."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #1094 on: May 02, 2017, 09:43:26 PM »
It's deliberated.
You can see this in 0.6.20 changes:
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/changelog.txt

I quote word for word the lines:

"-boss player characters (albus etc) don't get frozen by freezing attacks in arcade mode anymore. only in survival."

Guess I missed that, the AI bosses will need a way to specificaly avoid the icycle though, a simple solution would be make them have the same thing as Julius in AoS, after you hit him 4 times and he is stunned, he's ivulnerable for a bit, so after being unfrozen, player-boss characters could be ivulnerable for a bit, that way freezing will help you to create some breathing room, but, once the player-boss is out of it, he won't take damage for a while, so they'd be able to create some pressure.

If/when Isaac is added, I'd suggest to make him be a boss you can freeze, since in CoD he's more vulnerable to ice, and maybe he could be "stunned" too like AoS Julius, but with more hits, to make the battle closer to how it was in CoD.