December 11, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general discussion / Re: Serio and Castlevania fan games
« Last post by UBerserker on Yesterday at 07:27:01 PM »
Konami doesn't bother. Simulators for their Bemani games (i.e. BMS stuff, Stepmania, KShoot and so on) have been things for years and they never bothered taking them down.
The last time there was a similar request from Konami to take down something were IIDX songs being used for osu (the ranking side I believe), mostly because osu had some sort of official mainstream-y tournaments.
general discussion / Re: Serio and Castlevania fan games
« Last post by Lukmendes on December 07, 2017, 04:05:32 AM »
From the FAQ:

Q. help! i can't run it on my mac/linux/ps3/xbox360/wii/toaster!
A. this game is made with mugen, which is windows only. mac and linux have some sort of windows emulators like wine, maybe try those. otherwise dual boot to windows xp or 7 to play this.
i will also never port the game to any game console. last thing i need is unneccessary attention from big corporations by creating a competition using their own resources against them. i'd rather stick to a more niche gaming platform like windows, which is seen by most of those corporations (japanese ones like konami especially) as a "toy for nerds", and so, is mostly ignored. besides, i don't even have any of those systems/machines, toaster included.

Q. can i upload your game to another rapidshare page because your upload's not good enough, meaning i don't get any money for something i didn't make from the ads?
A. no. link to the site, or if you must be an ass and not let others see the site and read the movelists, this faq and other stuff, you can link directly to the file. don't use any stupid ad redirecting pages like adfly or similar. if there's anyone who should be getting free money for ads made from this, it's me, not you, but i don't want to associate this game with making money in any way. last thing i need is a lawsuit/cease and desist for making money off copyrighted content.

"donations" and ads still count as making money if they're unavoidable without a free alternative, especially if you're using copyrighted content you don't own to draw people in. i don't care about your armchair lawyer excuses for why you think it's ok. it's not.

It ultimately boils down that if Konami wanted, they could take down CVF just like Sega took down that Streets of Rage fangame, it's just that they don't care about fangames in general, unless someone is trying to profit from one, which they will take down, like that dumbass attempt someone tried in a CV1 remake to sell it. So basicaly, unless Konami has a change of their politics, it won't happen as long as Serio doesn't try to make profit.

If anything, if they start to take down fangames, CVF wouldn't even be much of a priority since it's made on MUGEN, even if a company bothers with fangames, companies tend to have a bigger problem with hacks (Such as Nintendo taking down TAS playthroughs for using tools that only they should have, or something like that), but since fangames hardly hurts their profit as long as they're free, they won't care.
general discussion / Serio and Castlevania fan games
« Last post by Dev Anj on December 07, 2017, 12:39:55 AM »
So I recently had an argument with someone over Konami's treatment of Castlevania fan games and whether they are prone to shut them down. I argued that generally they seem to be fairly nonchalant about fan games of Castlevania, giving Lecarde Chronicles 2, this and the unofficial remakes of CV 2 and 3 as examples. He said LC 2 only got permission because "two Konami employees were on the team" which I don't believe is the reason, and that Serio "has been dodging legal issues for a decade" before making anything Castlevania related and so his fangame hasn't been touched. I am loathed to believe him, but since the people here know Serio better than me, could you clarify if this is true or not?
guest holding pen / Richter Sprites
« Last post by Dust on December 06, 2017, 10:45:04 AM »
I really liked what you did with your version of Richter that was based on the Dracula X PSP
Could you upload the sprite sheet?
I'd like to use it in a mod for Portrait of Ruin to replace the default Richter Sprites which look completely inaccurate to how he's portrayed in the actual artworks
bug reporting / Death's f,f attack issue
« Last post by Lukmendes on November 30, 2017, 03:52:50 PM »
In stages with platforms (Or at least Aqueduct and Abandoned Mine), if you try to do Death's f,f attack in the air, he'll briefly start the move and float a bit, but it won't come out.
general game discussion / Re: Sprites submission thread. Available/Taken work.
« Last post by Lukmendes on November 25, 2017, 12:43:05 AM »
Well stil I think need fix for the heavy weapons animation, perhaps use a two hand move, fix the idle & Lukmendes say the item crash.

A two hand move could be him attacking with the bigger swords, like that big orange sword.

yeah im aware of that, thats why I think this can help in ideas for Gabriel.

I already wrote a moveset for Gabriel though, and transfering the few exclusive moves Victor has to Gabriel would just make it less likely for Victor to be added.

From what I can see what Victor has that I didn't write for Gabriel is that light magic holy water, which gives him that barrier (Although, I did write that for Dracul, but they're pretty different characters), so Victor could have that, the chargeable punch, that whip spin, and the fire wave, if the holy water's barrier is a sub weapon, then he only lacks one special input, he's lacking anti airs, while not really needed (Persephone has the worst anti airs in the game and her only "bad" matchup is Draculina), it's good to keep in mind.

He could also have the sub weapons Trevor used in MoF, which would give him 4 instead of 2.
« Last post by Slogra on November 24, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
I also see that you sprited Desmond with his animations pretty much the same as those in OoS, not to say there's anything wrong with that though. This means basically if serio will add Desmond (I don't see why not, he has a lot to differentiate from other whip users), and if the moveset Lukmendes suggested were to be used, then he's pretty much done.

Well stil I think need fix for the heavy weapons animation, perhaps use a two hand move, fix the idle & Lukmendes say the item crash.

Thing is that Victor is just that guy you fight once and then he dies, he's like Soleiyu with a personality, so it's understandable why they wouldn't want him to be added, add to the fact he has only one move to set himself apart from Gabriel...

yeah im aware of that, thats why I think this can help in ideas for Gabriel.
« Last post by Lukmendes on November 24, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Thing is that Victor is just that guy you fight once and then he dies, he's like Soleiyu with a personality, so it's understandable why they wouldn't want him to be added, add to the fact he has only one move to set himself apart from Gabriel...

Now, I'm not saying I'm against Victor being added, just that we should focus on Gabriel first, and the other Belmonds second, Victor last, I may think of something to separate him from Gabriel and the others though, the "combo" where he hits the whip in the ground and fire waves go forward, plus, while it's for gameplay reasons since he's a boss, he's the slowest LoS Belmont, so maybe his normals should all be slow but powerful, so we have those to start with something, I'll see if I play LoS2 again to see what else can be done.
« Last post by Anonymous on November 24, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Well I was thinking to show this in another post but I think this is the right place.

Dont remember if I showed this before but like I say before if this help here you have some moves I make

(click to show/hide)

It's truly unfortunate that serio and the other mods (who will hopefully return in this or the next 100 fullmoons) are against adding Victor Belmont because not gonna lie, those animations of his look really sick.

I also see that you sprited Desmond with his animations pretty much the same as those in OoS, not to say there's anything wrong with that though. This means basically if serio will add Desmond (I don't see why not, he has a lot to differentiate from other whip users), and if the moveset Lukmendes suggested were to be used, then he's pretty much done.
« Last post by Slogra on November 24, 2017, 12:49:34 AM »
Well I was thinking to show this in another post but I think this is the right place.

Dont remember if I showed this before but like I say before if this help here you have some moves I make

(click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
general forums