December 11, 2017, 11:24:06 AM

Author Topic: List of viable bosses to do a Perfect/Awesome.  (Read 7068 times)

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
Re: List of viable bosses to do a Perfect/Awesome.
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2015, 03:38:09 PM »
Anyway, Juste probably can do it, up,qcf+A means he can leave the corner, (Though the recovery frames can be a problem), and he can destroy the flying skulls just fine with either the whip or sacred fist (specialy at big distances with sacred fist), Nathan probably can as well.

Right. I wouldn't really worry about the recovery frames with Juste's up, qcf+A, as he can (or used to be able) cancel it into a jump/ super jump. (Well, that was at least how I used to do it, need to wait for next patch to do that I guess...)

Post Merge: September 05, 2015, 08:17:16 AM
So after multiple tests, you actually can get perfect on Dogether.
I think it's more character-specific though.
Most (if not all) whip-users who can do the whip-spin can do it (Having difficulties destroying the rocks quickly with some, like Maxim for some reason), as well as characters who have "large field" attacks (Like Soma with his Erinys, Albus with his Acerbatus, Stella with her qcf+A/C, and so on).

The trick is not to get close to him for too long, don't to be too jump happy, and also never get cornered. (I think because of this he belongs to the character specific category, but that's as far as I tested).
For avoiding his abilities, there is a distinct sound that plays once he uses them. They are also telegraphed with colours/symbols if you can see him in the screen.
Lasers: Backdash through them in time, the lasers aren't his fastest attacks.
Fire-...balls?: This is one of the main reasons why you shouldn't get too close to him. If you happen to be, backdash in his direction, or slide or use moves like Julius' up,qcf+A/C to get to the other side if he's too low. If you're cornered, jump on the platforms on the right time. (I need to test this one more thoroughly, it doesn't always work I noticed.)
Rocks: Whip-users who can whipspin have the most advantage here, because for them it's not imperative to destroy them first. Just find a place and whipspin. Characters with wide fields of attacking can destroy the rocks as well(Soma's Erinys, Stella's qcf+A/C, Albus' Acerbatus and so on).
Swoop: Jump over him. Super jump as well to be sure.
Also never stand under him. He randomly goes down suddenly, forcing contact damage.
Well, that's as far as I tested, so there might be missing information.

I found a workaround to the Sakuya bug where if you press up,qcf+C fast enough, the A version will come out. Do the command but press forward. That will do the C version and propel her forward. This way, the bug won't or almost won't happen.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 02:26:56 PM by Anonymous »

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2015, 09:26:03 PM »
I did defeat Dogether without taking hits on occasion, but on those situations he decided to not fly low, the biggest reason why I'm not sutr if he should be put on the list is him flying low + using the fire attack when he corners you (Not really possible to avoid corner pressure completely against him like you can do with Skull Knight), the fire has high hitboxes which makes it hard to jump over him, so you can't really do an option select between his options, if he flies high you can just slide under him and avoid everything, when he flies low it's a different story, and since he can switch between flying low and flying high so quickly, it only becomes more unreliable.

Then again, characters with long distance dash in invincibles already probably can beat him without taking hits, if Dogether corners them and is flying low, they can just use the move and avoid everything.

I found a workaround to the Sakuya bug where if you press up,qcf+C fast enough, the A version will come out. Do the command but press forward. That will do the C version and propel her forward. This way, the bug won't or almost won't happen.

Yeah, I'm aware of this, problem is that my muscle memory is used to do it faster, which means I end inputs with d/f a lot, so it's hard to get rid of this habit lol.

Also, Serio, should Great Minotaur really be in tier 4? He's a seriously weak boss, he only has the high damage in his favor, but everything else is so easy to react and avoid, even in Nightmare, that his damage doesn't matter, I know he used to be tougher than this when his petrying cloud stayed longer on screen, which created some unavoidable/nearly unavoidable situations with characters who couldn't stay in the air for long (Never really tested to be sure if the others could avoid it), but that's gone now, he's the easiest boss on the game, easier than all the other no damage bosses, he should be in tier 2.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 09:33:12 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2015, 03:48:54 PM »
boosted minotaur's animation speeds a bit, he should act faster on hard modes now.
Dracula was here

Offline fatfishwen

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2015, 02:59:48 AM »
Well it needs more than just practice to defeat some of the boss without taking a damage, not to mention on Nightmare...
Is there any plan to make Somacular a "normal" boss in future?
BTW, is Remilia still there in this version?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2015, 03:23:29 AM »
Is there any plan to make Somacular a "normal" boss in future?

What do you mean by that? Make him a boss which can be fought outside of Nightmare mode?

BTW, is Remilia still there in this version?

Yes, Survival mode only though.

Post Merge: September 11, 2015, 04:57:03 PM
Added Nathan to the Lesser Demon section, also added Dogether to the character specific list, guess Cerberus is the only boss in tier 2 who can't be beaten without taking hits by anyone lol.

I'm thinking that maybe Great Werewolf can be beaten without taking hits, possible candidates are Charlotte (Ice Needles) and Reimu (double shot Yin-Yang Orbs), Marias (Their Normals and Azure Dragon), and Jokenathan (double shot Curry, Wrecking Ball), those moves mentioned between "()" are their best moves to kill the wolves Great Werewolf summons, theoricaly they can be used in a way to kill the wolves and avoid Great Werewolf's attacks.

Also, assuming the tiers are the same when Somacula arrives, without patch99, you'll face at the very least 6 bosses who everyone can beat without taking hits, so I guess the number of Perfects/Awesomes needed could be around that (Again, assuming the tiers are the same until then).
« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 05:02:29 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2015, 03:16:52 AM »
Added Great Werewolf to the character specific list, more characters are there than I expected lol.

Also Serio, I noticed Great Werewolf takes less damage from Richter's up,qcf+A or C than Juste's up,qcf+A, does Great Werewolf have higher resistance to ice or is Richter hitting harder than he should against bosses?

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2015, 04:28:04 AM »
juste's fist deals more damage than richter's attack. the attack values aren't exactly uniform, i usually just pick a value that feels right and then adjust it. lol.

and yeah, richter's whip dash deals 16 more damage points to ai enemies.
Dracula was here

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2015, 01:19:48 PM »
Also about Great Werewolf how exactly do you avoid the dashing slash? I get cornered too early to be able to avoid it in time.
(I think the main issue is how NOT to get cornered.)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2015, 01:26:47 PM »
Also about Great Werewolf how exactly do you avoid the dashing slash? I get cornered too early to be able to avoid it in time.
(I think the main issue is how NOT to get cornered.)

Backdash once he gets close, most important thing on this matchup is learning when to backdash once he starts running, takes a while to get the timing though lol.

To avoid getting cornered, jump before he finishes an attack, that will make his AI do an uppercut, then just super jump forward to avoid the uppercut.

Post Merge: September 18, 2015, 02:39:58 AM
Now that Great Minotaur isn't the most laughable boss on the game anymore, he has a proper section.

I'll admit I got killed on the first times I fought him, actualy having to respect him is weird lol.

That aside, I added Juste to Lesser Demon's section since the long recovery from his up,qcf+A can be cancelled, also added Frog to Great Werewolf's section, updated Astarte's section to mention Yoko's f,f attack instead of her normals.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 02:39:58 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2015, 11:45:41 AM »
It's worth mentioning that if you always stay far from Great Minotaur, he will almost never use the gas attack or the axe slash. I think this is only viable on characters who can attack while crouching and have long range and cancelable attacks.

After reading the strategies you listed (again, great job), in my opinion could you maybe put stars to show whether they are easy, intermediate or hard? It could maybe make things easier for players just starting nightmare difficulty so that they can either try the easy ones first or daringly go to the harder ones.
(Not required for character-specific ones, they are based on what characters they like to play.)

As I see it, Abaddon, Dario, Blackmore, and Great Minotaur (maybe though) are the easiest, while Skull Knight is a challenge to get perfect on.

I wonder though, who's going to replace Great Minotaur as the most laughable boss?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2015, 12:57:20 PM »
After reading the strategies you listed (again, great job), in my opinion could you maybe put stars to show whether they are easy, intermediate or hard? It could maybe make things easier for players just starting nightmare difficulty so that they can either try the easy ones first or daringly go to the harder ones.
(Not required for character-specific ones, they are based on what characters they like to play.)

I'll see about that, but even in the universal list there'll be variables, like Skull Knight or Carmilla for example, they're significantly easier with a flight character.

As I see it, Abaddon, Dario, Blackmore, and Great Minotaur (maybe though) are the easiest, while Skull Knight is a challenge to get perfect on.

I don't think Great Minotaur is as easy as those two anymore though, or maybe I'm saying this because I still struggle to fight by respecting him lol.

I wonder though, who's going to replace Great Minotaur as the most laughable boss?

Abaddon probably, or maybe Giant Bat.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2015, 03:07:17 AM »
As requested by Anonymous, I added a difficulty list for each boss (Includes character specific ones), aside from that, I added Sonia to Dracula's and Dogether's sections, corrected an info on Zephyr section (He may use his charge move when his HP is below 500, not something "as high" as around half as I listed previously), and added some more character specific info on Zephyr's section.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2015, 07:09:15 AM »
not 500 life, 1/6 of his max life. it's variable depending from his max health. later in survival he'll be using it more often because of that.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:51 PM »
Corrected, also added some more information about his teleport.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2015, 03:00:50 PM »
Added Cerberus to the character specific list, I was honestly shocked to find out it's possible to beat him without taking hits, that's because flight characters can avoid both of his anti airs while ironicaly flying.

With this, if a character can fly and has invincible dash in moves, they can get a triple shot with patch99 before even reaching Agni/Dario.

By the way, it's theoricaly possible to beat Cerberus without taking hits with everyone, if you crouch when he's far, he'll just walk to you and use his dash bite attack, and then you can avoid it with a super jump forward, and that ends his corner pressure, then make him use whatever other attack and repeat this until he dies, far easier said than done though, dash bite is very fast, and if you use a super jump slightly too early he'll use the fireballs, so you'll still be cornered, and if you super jump a bit too late, the dash bite will hit you, I have no idea if that can be done consistently, but at least it looks like he'll use the dash bite in the same place (Near the platform), so maybe it is possible, but it's very hard if so.

Also, Serio, since bosses will get more buffs on the next patch, will that affect helper objects as well? I'm kinda worried about fighting Paranoia with his mini Paranoia having more HP and higher deffense, it might make things complicated for some characters against Dracula on the last part of the fight too...

general forums