December 12, 2017, 09:52:49 PM

Author Topic: Tier list  (Read 4668 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Tier list
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2016, 01:50:46 AM »
Obviously putting them all nearly as viable as possible would be very difficult, but I don't see why not. It will make every character more enjoyable to play, seeing that they have about the same viability.

Not as hard as you might think, at the very basic level, what you need to beat a boss is damage and consistency at hitting the boss (Either by having the proper range or not wasting much MP), also ways to destroy projectiles, it's no coincidence that lower tiered characters usualy lack one or the other, so in some cases, just buffing the damage would be fine, characters like Ronald for example, he'd need more than damage to become better.

Well, for starters, I'll make a small list of moves that just suck now:

Hammer: His fire grenade, the only thing it was useful before was to destroy projectiles, and even at that it wasn't really good, with the buff his qcf attack received, well, it's just bad now. An idea I have for it, is for shot upgrades work like it buffs Fulgur, by giving it extra hits, and it could also do high damage by default, like, hit twice by doing 40 damage per hit, then each shot upgrade gives an extra hit, with this kind of advantage, shot upgrades shouldn't make him throw more than one.

His normal could receive a damage buff, very few reasons to use it when the handgun is faster and does only slightly less damage.

b,d,f attack could receive the same treatment as Duke Nukem's, to give a reason to use it over the Smart Bombs as an anti air, or use it in the ground over the now much safer qcf attack.

Mines could just waste less MP, against bosses at least, the MP cost is what makes it not worth to use over the grenades.

Jokenathan: This one also applies to Werewolf, but I don't think they should be petrified when blocking, there's very few uses for blocking in this game, so taking out one of the few good ones (Against Medusa), is just weird.

His b,d,f attack just needs a buff, the damage is pretty low when you stay still with it, which is just odd because of how vulnerable Jokenathan is with it activated, and when the wrecking ball is bouncing around, it still doesn't really hit hard, maybe to make the ball be more different from other moves which bounce around (Like Reimu's Yin Yang orbs), it could disapear faster, that would help to make it have more consistent damage, and when the ball

Frog, besides making his qcf attack useful again, he could also get a buff for his b,d,f attack, waste less MP like Death's, those buffs won't make him go S- tier though, but it'd be something at least.

If Frog is supposed to keep the HP he has now, then he really would need to hit harder, at everything, except the item crash and maybe b,d,f attack, more so against bosses though.

I think it's ok if some characters will be in A in Arcade mode, but they should be stronger than others in pvp then.

Well, problem is balancing VS to begin with, I have no idea how the meta game would be with it, after all, what would become more important? Combos? Then Montano would be pretty strong, or maybe it'd be movement? Then SotN Maria, Frog, Maxim, Sakuya and some others would be up there, and other things like how important would invincible moves be (They generaly make you dash into the opponent's direction, but they'd be far less useful if zoning/keep away is too strong), how good healing would be, how good zoning/keep away would be, character specific combos (Mostly against the really different characters though, like Death, Carrie, RoB Maria, 8-bit Simon and Axe Armor), matchup specific utility for moves, stage specific utility for moves, and so on, it's already hard enough to balance a fighter, it's even harder when you don't really know what is supposed to be good on it, and adding vastly different stages into the mix only makes this shit chaotic.

I also don't think that just because a character sucks on arcade they should be good on VS, why make a character be more boring in one and fun in the other when you can try to make the character fun in both?

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2016, 05:33:00 PM »
What do you think about whether Julius or Simon really need their moveset to be filled up (or even completed)?

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2016, 05:56:54 PM »
What do you think about whether Julius or Simon really need their moveset to be filled up (or even completed)?

I made a post about this on the "need move ideas for characters who miss them" thread months ago, but I'll post here too.

Simon could have CV2 Laurels, the one that made him invincible, could be activated automaticaly and stay activated for around 5 seconds, could be an up,qcf attack

Medlin suggested for a silver dagger to be added too, could be a qcf input, could be a fast damaging zoning tool, but wastes more MP than a dagger, so it'd be better to use it on situations where you have more time to recover MP, he also suggested for it to track, which, though I'm not sure if it should, it sounds interesting even though Nathan already has it, but then again, months ago I didn't consider that Simon would be able to use this without his power up mode, so it'd be more usable than Nathan's tracking dagger, but, I don't think this move should be backdash or jump cancelable.

b,d,f, I suggested for it to be a stop watch, but one that actualy stops time, to separate it well from the Laurels, it could be a chargeable move and be activated for like, 15 seconds, but waste a lot of MP, like 700 or so.

Also, to further separate the Simons, I think 8-bit Simon should be the only one with healing Laurels once he gets a complete moveset, Chronicles Simon already has his flame whip mode, which turns him into a power house, and CV4 Simon is the fastest whip user with 8way whip attacks, so those two are already really strong, and being able to heal is a bit overkill, maybe CV4 Simon's Y button could be replaces so he can swing on the celings (upwards whip+Y)

For Julius, the first thing that you can notice is that he doesn't have a dagger, so he's the only generic whip user who can't zone, so instead of him receiving the dagger back, he could have a move where he punches the ground and it is covered by blue energy (The entire ground I mean) with his qcf input, and using it in the air could make him fall faster to hit the ground, and for a b,d,f move, maybe a damaging invincible dash in, I'm not really sure about the last one though, just an idea I had because I couldn't think of anything better, but the qcf input for him could be pretty good and it'd cover the big hole he has on his lack of zoning.

So for Simon, it'd be simple to add those moves since he'd just use things that are already in the game, Julius would be a more complicated one since he'd need new sprites.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #48 on: October 18, 2016, 02:31:24 AM »
So I edited the list a bit, decided to separate Charlotte and Loretta in a S+ tier, Master Skeleton on S-

I never had any doubts they are stronger than everyone else, and honestly, they are significantly stronger to have a higher tier, should've done this before.

Master Skeleton in S- because, well, his tools are pretty good, cross is the sub weapon you'll use the most, pretty overpowered actualy lol, should be toned down so others can be more usable, maybe it should maintain only the damage upgrade and not be able to throw more, but could get one  or two more points in damage upgrade to compensate, but wouldn't be just a better version of the Belmont Cross, besides that, he has solid damage with his other weapons and tools.

I honestly think his whip could do dark type of damage, weird for an evil character to be doing holy damage.

Now, as for the game's balance, whoever is buffed or added, should not be that much stronger than Charlotte or Loretta, those two are already pretty overpowered, though not enough to just derp around the game, we already had characters stronger than them, Sakuya who once got damage upgrades with her knifes with shot upgrades, making her hit too hard against everything, Reimu who had something similar, Persephone whose poison daggers wasted only 30MP at some point, Simon who had a glitch where he'd never lose hearts, and pre patch Simon and Yoko's heal which made them pretty much immortal, those characters were pure braindead bullshit, and I don't think any character should have this kind of thing again, of course, it can happen when a character is added, but they can be patched later, no one should stay game breaking overpowered, and I mean everyone with this, including long awaited characters like player Dracula or whatever, if other characters just happens to be strong around Charlotte's and Loretta's level, then I'll probably not have a problem with them there (It depends on why they're there, I'll definitely ask for nerfs in case a character is top tier with only one move like Sakuya and Persephone were at some point, though I'll also ask for other tools to be buffed)

Of course, I also want the weaker characters to be buffed, I think it'd be better for even the weakest character in the game to be in S-, that would also make it better to put a hard boss in the game, since all characters will be solid enough to beat them.

Post Merge: October 18, 2016, 02:30:37 AM
So, since I'm kind of back in the game again, I've been thinking about the generic whip users.

One thing that I never liked about them is how all of them can be played in the same-ish way, because, basicaly, what the generic whip users are about, are the whip normal, whip spin, dagger, holy water, axe, and holy cross, and that is the problem with them, they have all of those other moves, but most of them either suck or are not good enough to be worth using over those (There are some situations where they're better choices though).

So, the idea I have is, instead of having the sub weapons be the main thing while the special inputs are not that good, it could be the opposite, that would help to separate them, for the sub weapon nerfs, they could do less damage, all of them, the shot upgrades could still be there, just not be good enough to make them too good to use over the special inputs in nearly every situation (Basicaly how characters like Duke Nukem and Sakuya work), so here's how I think it could work:

Serious Jonathan: He's honestly already pretty strong with most of his special inputs, up,qcf attack could do more damage, it being backdash cancelable would be good too.

Julus: He doesn't have any other offensive move special attack besides f,f attack, so, if his sub weapons were to be nerfed as well, f,f attack could do more damage, though his sub weapon nerfs should be lesser.

Juste: The only good special inputs he has are f,f+A and both up,qcf attacks, so buff everything else, f,f+C could slow down once it hits something and do more damage, also be backdash cancelable (Makes no sense his f,f+A, a zoning tool, is backdash cancelable, while the f,f+C, an up close tool, isn't), qcf+A, more damage, also maybe it could work like Stella's up,qcf attack and be able to throw more once you get more sht upgrades, qcf+C, it should hit harder than up,qcf+C if you can make it hit when it's going upwards and downwards, otherwise it's useless, b,d,f attacks, well, I guess the buff I asked on the General Suggestions thread would work, to make them waste less MP (250 or less).

Nathan: He's already a power house thanks to his up,qcf attack and Y button, only b,d,f could have some buffs, could just get some extra I-frames on both versions of the move so he can use it safely, and qcf shouldn't be a conveniently hidden semi-Richter-qcf attack, maybe instead of him being pushed back when the first kick hits, he could stay where he is to hit with the second kick, although, he still will be pretty close to Richter, so since he has superior MP recovery, he could start to hit less hard for him to have to rely more on up,qcf attack or Y button, maybe his MP recovery could become a bit better so he can use them more often.

Richters/Hanz: Increase the damage of their qcf attack, it already has less range than his f,f attack and isn't cancelable (though it has fast recovery), both Richter's and Hanz' b,d,f could do significantly more damage (Plus having some extra I-frames at the end of the animation).

Simons: Like Julius, they don't have much else offensively, so if their sub weapons were to be nerfed, should be less than the others, 8-bit Simon shouldn't get any nerfs though, he's already the weakest.

Sonia: More damage on up,qcf attack, extra I-frames at the end of it, all other moves are good.

Those changes in playstyles won't separate the generic whip users from each other completely, but as long as you have to actualy use other moves to have the characters at their full potential, it'll be good enough, plus, it makes a character like John to not be a whatever addition when considering his playstyle, since he'll have more diferent stuff to use than sub weapons, also opens the door for other whip users to be added as well if they can have diferent enough special inputs, meaning poor Christopher wouldn't be a bad choice (Though him having a shield like VladCT suggested was already a good enough start to separate him).

Also, sub weapons shouldn't be nerfed to the point of uselessness, I don't want them to be useless, I just think they shouldn't be the main thing they have.

Hugh, Carrie and Alucard could also have some toning down on the sub weapons, ALucard is the only one needing buffs in other moves though, like up,qcf+C and f,f+A could be buffed, up,qcf+C could do more damage, f,f+A, it could have extra I-frames near the end, bosses leaving hitboxes in the direction Alucard is going to be is a serious problem with this move, and maybe during his b,d,f, he could already transform into the wolf so he can start running sooner, Hugh's b,d,f really needs to hit harder since it has longer charge time and wastes more MP than others (It could waste less MP a bit, to keep it at 250, but definitely needs more damage to compensate for slower charge).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:49:15 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline UBerserker

• gold member
  • Spada†leggendaria
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2016, 06:20:21 PM »
So I find regular Simon underwhelming for Tier S. Great damage for sure but he lacks utility and he's a complete one-trick pony - as in there's just one strategy that works when playing him and you can't adapt against certain enemies (flying ones for the most part).
Compare that to Shanoa who seems to be good at just about anything, she's good in every situation. I hardly played Shanoa at all but recently I randomly chose her and went ballistic for a crapload of Survival mode fights. I think she deserves S+ at least. Scales like crap late game I suppose because her HP sucks but still.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2016, 10:03:40 PM »
So I find regular Simon underwhelming for Tier S. Great damage for sure but he lacks utility and he's a complete one-trick pony - as in there's just one strategy that works when playing him and you can't adapt against certain enemies (flying ones for the most part).

Simon is similar to one thing to Kazuya from Tekken, as in he's boring but effective, he can't vary much because he only has generic whip user stuff, but that's all he needs, the flame whip mode is a really good power up, and once you start to use less sub weapons and try to hit the opponents more with the whip, that's when it starts to shine, like against Ciclops or Brauner, and he can heal, those are the reasons why he's at S tier, and why Chronicles Simon is the best one, I guess arguably CV4 Simon wouldn't be there, but, again, basic whip user stuff plus healing.

He also doesn't have issues against any flight boss, axe is there for a reason, anyone with it is good to go against flight boss, well, except Carmilla in case the characters doesn't have the longer ranged C axe, which all Simons have.

Compare that to Shanoa who seems to be good at just about anything, she's good in every situation. I hardly played Shanoa at all but recently I randomly chose her and went ballistic for a crapload of Survival mode fights. I think she deserves S+ at least. Scales like crap late game I suppose because her HP sucks but still.

Shanoa is really good, her lower than usual HP is not a problem, I actualy tend to forget about it when playing as her, and I don't even upgrade HP, however, she's not S+, Charlotte and Loretta are on a different level, her advantages are her very fast MP heal, very good set of sub weapons, fast user of sub weapons, f,f attack is very good, glyphs swords are good, Cerberus' stuff are alright (Only really useable against Medusa and Great Armor, anyone else is kinda pushing it because f,f attack covers it), and even b,d,f has it's uses, the only weak point she has is that she's a big MP waster with most of her stuff that aren't Igniz, her anti airs are sub par when compared to others too. She gets better in late game because Igniz becomes both more abuseable and damaging, specialy if you manage to get a quadruple shot, those things makes her be a very strong character and definitely at the top of the S tier, but she's not the best nor the only one there.

Nathan, Soma, Persephone, Axe Armor, SotN Maria, those are the characters who are at the top of S tier alongside Shanoa, and the closest characters to the S+, like her they have very high damage, though they're slightly better at it.

Nathan has the typical whip user stuff minus a generic f,f attack, he gets an invincible dash in instead, DSS mode is good for damage and healing, clone is even better for damage but it's better to avoid using special inputs with it, throws sub weapons noticeably fast, and his non DSS item crash is just excellent, specialy against flight bosses.

Soma's Warg can be used pretty oftern and it does high damage, his qcf+C and Erinys are very solid anti airs, he also has a pretty solid chargeable invincible dash in, plus he gets more MP per boss killed, and when using normals, if he has Cagnazzo activated, he does a lot of damage, really good against Brauner and Ciclops.

Persephone has a pretty good normal with her A, fast and big range, pretty solid set of sub weapons, specialy tripple daggers, which are the most damaging projectile in the game, ground shuriken are excellent for up close uses, kunai does pretty good damage and so does shuriken, plus it goes through objects, up,qcf attack is pretty good to absorb projectiles and get HP back (It makes the matchup against Medusa impossible to lose), really big range with her invincible dash in, but her MP recovery isn't that fast, her qcf attack isn't that good because the damage it does is not worth the MP cost, same for her b,d,f attack, and she doesn't have any real anti air, she's up there because of the solid normals, and the damage her sub weapons do.

Axe Armor's normal has short range but it's pretty fast, his axe and axe boomerang are power houses, and his item crash is excellent, his f,f attack and up,qcf attacks are pretty good too, plus he has that very high deffense against physical attacks, what he lacks are proper zoning tools, as the best options he has is C axes, but you can make them work.

SotN Maria has very good normals, big range, good damage, very fast recovery, very good sub weapons, which are good at zoning and anti airs, godly movement with the air dashes and her f,f attack invincible dash in, fast MP recovery her qcf attack is probably a weaker version of Charlotte's raging fire, up,qcf attack is a decent way to heal and do damage, b,d,f attack is good to heal and become invincible for a bit, her item crashes, two of them are sub par, but the black tortoise one is good to recover HP against more stationary bosses and Azure Dragon's is basicaly an unpatched hydro storm, she has no real weak points, she is a bit less damaging than the others though.

Basicaly we have those other 5 excellent characters who are also at the top of S tier, Soma, Nathan and SotN Maria are arguably better than Shanoa, but they're very close so it's hard to reach a conclusion, she is very strong, just not enough to reach S+, but again, she's close to it.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 10:11:02 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Dev Anj

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 11:02:40 AM »
So do you plan to continue reviewing characters? Preferably in an organized format, something like:

Character Name

Overview

Review of attacks

Review of defenses

Quirks

Summary

Or anything similar.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 02:20:34 PM »
So do you plan to continue reviewing characters? Preferably in an organized format, something like:

Character Name

Overview

Review of attacks

Review of defenses

Quirks

Summary

Or anything similar.

That's... Pretty much the format I already use, lol.

And I only write if someone requests for a character, preferably one at a time, though if I had to write now it'd take longer since I haven't played the game in a while, so I'd have to play it for a while to make sure I don't forget anything.

Offline Dev Anj

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 02:58:25 AM »
That's... Pretty much the format I already use, lol.

And I only write if someone requests for a character, preferably one at a time, though if I had to write now it'd take longer since I haven't played the game in a while, so I'd have to play it for a while to make sure I don't forget anything.

Yeah, I meant that format, but more well seperated. Let me just rewrite one of your reviews to show what I mean.

SONIA BELMONT

Overview:

Sonia is a typical whip user with a few tricks up her sleeve. These tricks put her ahead in several situations, and make her more interesting to play.

Normals:

A: Her whip is one of the most damaging whip attacks when compared to the other whip users, and the range is a bit longer than some (Simons, Nathan, Richters/Hanz), however, it's also the slowest, it's one of the slowest normals in the game, a bit slower than even attacks like Soma's Claimh Solais, it does hit a bit earlier at up close range though, the whip spin works like any other, though it can be a bit harder to use it because her whip is slower.

C: The sword normal is also slow, but it's a bit faster than the whip, the situations where you want to use it over the whip are against up close bosses like Brauner or Cyclops, do something like, standing C, crouching C, jump, standing C, crouching C... it's both faster and more damaging than using the whip, theoricaly it's also better against flight bosses, because of it's higher hitbox, but that's not really the case because flight bosses move around a lot, and it takes some time for Sonia to get close, jump and use it, while she can attack sooner with the whip, it's better against Draculina and Paranoia though.

f,f attack: This move gives Sonia the best zoning between whip users, and in general it's solid too, the hitbox is large, so it's good to destroy projectiles coming at your direction, against Medusa for example, you can use it to destroy the flying medusa heads to destroy them and damage Medusa, it's also backdash cancelable once the whip is fully stretched, so it's also very good as an up close tool.

qcf attack: It looks useless at first, but this move is good, what it does is either destroy or deflect the projectile, that even works with Dario and Rusalka, both their fire wave and wave splash attack can be deflected, and will also damage them, but this move also has the advantage of having some invincibility frames after it's over, so she can use it over and over and stay invincible for as long as you have MP and/or you can do the inputs properly, you will be doing crap damage though, so use it in tight situations, like if Rusalka uses her big wave attack and you destroy the rocks, or everytime Brauner uses the Blood Art technique attack.

up,qcf attack: This move sucks, the damage isn't that impressive, and you need to be very close to the opponent to do high damage, and even so, not that impressive, biggest advantage it has is the big area of effect, and that makes it effective to destroy Brauner's Blood Art technique, so it's an easier choice than doing many qcf attacks.

b,d,f attack: Her healing move, it's different from the rest because instead of making her stand still, she can move during it while it heals her for a while, the longer you charge, the more she's healed, however, if she's hit, the healing will be interrupted, so you need to carefuly use it, on a situation she's safe long enough to heal herself a lot, avoid to use it against Albus or Death, as they can interrupt you.

Item Crashes:

Thousand Blades: It's better to use it on bosses like Rusalka, Albus, Richter or Great Werewolf, when they're far and can't put pressure, with it's fast recovery, the invincibility frames which stay activated for a bit after she's done with the move, she can be pretty safe when using it.

Hydro Storm: It's a multi hit full screen move, the damage is the lowest of the item crashes, usualy pretty good item crash, but it's useless with Sonia.

Grand Cross: Her most damaging item crash, it's good against bosses who like to stay close to the character, it has the highest damage.

Axe: What it does is keep damaging the boss in a specific spot in the air, which makes it be usable only against flight bosses, but it's damage is inferior to Grand Cross, so it's useless.

Stop Watch: It slows down time for about 15 seconds, sounds pretty broken, but it has it's limits, bosses who have ways to just keep moving around while invincible will just waste your time, and situations where you want the boss being faster will screw you up, like against Death's giant skulls, or Cyclops hammer attacks, it's basicaly bad against bosses who can waste time and being invincible, or against bosses who have attacks which lasting longer is bad, don't use it against Zephyr, he'll reverse it.

Magic Soul: Full screen single hit item crash, it's pretty fast so she won't be taking much risks with it, it's also excellent to destroy projectiles, specialy Orlok's, use this instead of Hydro Storm because of the higher damage, and being a single hit is better.

Sub weapons:

Dagger: The dagger does alright damage and has low MP cost, it's most whip users only zoning tool, but Sonia also has her f,f attack, the dagger is faster and can be jump cancelable though, so it still has it's own uses.

Golden Dagger: It hits multiple times and goes through everything, so if you don't have enough shot upgrades, you may have to wait longer to use it, currently only useful against Dracula's and Great Werewolf's wolves, in other situations, the cross is better.

Holy Water: It's a multi hit up close move, the A version's damage and range are pretty good, and it's fast enough to do enough hits even against bosses with a somewhat fast recovery, using it in the air makes the A version go further, which helps a lot in a matchup like Great Armor or Skull Knight, C version is only good against Balore and Dracula, it's also ironicaly the most damaging sub weapon to use against Richter.

Cross: Another multi hit up close move, the cross wastes more MP than holy water, but it gets both damage increase and you can throw more of them per shot upgrade, but it has the disadvantage of moving too much and it's multi hits being a bit slower, so it's bad in some situations where holy water is good, the A version is a bit less damaging but it doesn't need to hit as much to do high damage, so it's better against smaller bosses or bosses who move a lot, C version is better against bigger and slower bosses.

Axe: Used for anti air, it can hit flight opponents twice, first hit when it's still going up, second hit when it's going down, that makes the axe a very powerful anti air, it's MP cost is pretty low too, the A version does less damage and wastes less MP, the C version has a bigger interval between hits, does more damage and wastes less MP, so it's for example, harder to get the two hits against Draculina, and it's probably impossible against Dracula, since Sonia has fast MP recovery, generaly using the C version is better.

Stop Watch: It has the same issues that the item crash version has, plus it being activated for less time, and wasting a lot of MP, though the activation is faster, and it can be alright to finish off a boss.

Y Button:

Burning mode's best perks are the buff it gives to her b,d,f attack and her f,f attack, first one becomes even better at healing, second one gets a bigger hitbox and does more damage, it also increases the damage of her normals, and she can shoot a fireball out of her whip, but the fireball isn't that good by itself, the damage is pretty low, and you need to have burning mode activated to use it, it's better to hit with it and the whip for more damage, Burning Mode also allows you to use the Saint Soul Item crash.

Movement:

Sonia's movement is average, her running speed is good, super jump is average, she also has a crouch-walk like CV4 Simon, but it's really slow, only really useful against Remilia since she's the only boss in the game who requires not moving much in certain situations.

Summary:

Solid S tier character. All of the good generic whip users stuff, dagger, axe, cross, holy water, whip normal, whip spin, the item crashes, including her own, those already help her to deal with a lot of matchups, her slide gives her a very good ground movement, b,d,f attack gives her an unique way of healing that can make her be pretty much impossible to be killed in some matchups, f,f attack is a very solid zoning tool, qcf is pretty good on the few matchups it's good.

Perhaps with a few images and such too. Though that would be better suited for another thread I think.

I would like to have all the characters reviewed well, but I'm sure that will take a lot of time.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 03:47:19 AM »
Yeah, I meant that format, but more well seperated. Let me just rewrite one of your reviews to show what I mean.

SONIA BELMONT

Overview:

Sonia is a typical whip user with a few tricks up her sleeve. These tricks put her ahead in several situations, and make her more interesting to play.

If I were to write an overview I'd copy Mizuumi wiki's "Primary objective" when talking about the character (Example: http://wiki.mizuumi.net/w/Vampire_Savior/Q-Bee), which is basicaly just write what the hell the characters wants to use when attacking, which Sonia would be, generic whip user stuff, sword against up close bosses, f,f attack for higher damaging zoning and destroying projectiles, healing if you're dying and the boss allows it (As in, he's slow or can't attack for a bit), burning mode to buff f,f attack, healing and magic soul, qcf attack to reflect projectiles (Dario, Dogether, Rusalka, Orlok)

I should also write a different section for generic whip user stuff, and just list the difference for each one, otherwise I'd keep writing basicaly the same thing over and over.

Perhaps with a few images and such too. Though that would be better suited for another thread I think.

No need, what I'm doing here is just describing what works, and how and why they work (Or not), so it's more about learning about the moves themselves than seeing how they look.

I would like to have all the characters reviewed well, but I'm sure that will take a lot of time.

Can take at the very least 2 hours to write a single character I think, and that was when I had the game's info fresh on my mind, nowadays it'd take longer until I got the hang of the game again.

Theoricaly I could write a character per day and be done with it in little more than a month, but, fuck no, I ain't doing that much lol.