May 22, 2018, 05:51:55 PM

Author Topic: Richter whip rush glitch?  (Read 807 times)

DeathFromAbove

Richter whip rush glitch?
« on: September 23, 2015, 10:23:46 AM »
Hi, it's me again. With the new patch, i've noticed a thing: when i use the Whip Rush with Richter and i give the input (Up+HCF+X) Most of the time it won't active, and instead gives me the roundhouse kick.
But i've noticed that this thing goes also with Sakuya (Dagger Setup) , and Juste (ice punch).
I just want to ask if it is a problem of it is on purpouse.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
Re: Richter whip rush glitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2015, 12:27:24 PM »
up, qcf works too. up qcf is for gamepads so it's easier to do on one, since up, down doesn't work that well on a dpad.

it works fine here, but you need to input it fast enough to register, which is about half a second.
Dracula was here

DeathFromAbove

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2015, 12:34:52 PM »
Well, i use a PS3 gamepad to play. The Up + qcf combination works ok, but i had the impression that in a previous release of CF, was a even with Up+Hcf was fast enough.
Ok, i will rely on the Up+qcf, thanks ^^

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2015, 12:41:39 PM »
To be fair, Whip Rush is a bit weird on this patch, I fought Lesser Demon, and one thing I like to do is, when he summons the flying skulls, I use a Whip Rush, then use it in the other direction to hit him again, but a lot of times the qcf comes out.

At first I just thought it was my execution going bad, but then I kept trying to do that on practice mode and same thing happened, then I tested on 0.6.15 and it worked, using Whip Rush twice in the same direction works fine though, just using it in one direction then using it again in the opposite direction is where this happens.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2015, 02:34:34 PM »
hmm, it might be the custom input code getting in the way. i'll disable the d,f, ff and udf combinations for it, so it'll only use the uhcf and hcf as valid, like before.

the combinations are no longer used, but still set up in the variable.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2015, 03:23:10 PM »
Would that really solve it? Because doing either up,d,d/f+attack or up,qcf+attack makes the second Whip Rush become a qcf attack.

The problem in here is that if you turn around MUGEN is forgetting the up input, but it looks like it's character specific, Julius can't use a up,qcb at all as far as I tested, while Alucard can use his ground up,qcb, but can't really use his air up,qcb (Sometimes it comes out, but other times it's a normal or qcb).

I'll see later more character specific input glitches, feeling lazy to test everyone now lol.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 04:44:58 PM »
fixed.
Dracula was here