May 22, 2018, 05:51:22 PM

Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 857 times)

Joseph Collins

Thank You
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:26:52 AM »
So listen...

I've been following this project for a few years now and have been enjoying playing it (very casually) as well as watching other people play it.  And yet despite that, I've never actually stopped by to say... thank you.  So, thank you, serio and company, for continuing to make this game the best damn Castlevania fan game ever.

Right from the get-go, I loved the idea: A mega-boss rush with bosses from all over the map.  The whole thing has been and continues to be very solid... and it's absolutely absurd at how much variety the game has in terms of content!  It seems extremely rare that any two play-throughs will have a boss from another one and with the overwhelming amount of characters available, there is simply no end to the fun that can be had!  And the content just keeps getting increased!  I'm still personally waiting for the Castlevania III heroes to be added (and maybe some form of a real "Genya Arikado" character, or even just Castlevania III-mode Alucard), but I am extremely satisfied with what's already in the game!  It's absolutely insane!

In addition, I really appreciate the fact that this game isn't "just for hardcore players".  While the Easy Mode ending screen is a little silly, it's not terribly demoralizing and seems to encourage players to keep going.  I usually play on Normal mode because I don't think I could keep up with Hard and it seems like a lot of time and care was taken to make the bosses replicate the original incarnations, as well as giving them little surprises to keep things fresh!  The characters control really well, too.  It's really amazing you guys were able to do this with just plain M.U.G.E.N.!  Guess this proves it's not just for 1-on-1 fighting game characters in flat arenas, eh?

Anyway, I've gushed on enough.  I just wanted to say that you guys are awesome and I really love this game.  I look forward to what lies ahead!

Cheers,
Joseph Collins

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
Re: Thank You
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 12:16:34 PM »
I'm still personally waiting for the Castlevania III heroes to be added (and maybe some form of a real "Genya Arikado" character, or even just Castlevania III-mode Alucard)

Next CV3 character who can be added on the next beta is probably going to be Grant, he's almost complete from what I hear, Trevor, probably going to take a while since he's going to have his moveset based in Curse of Darkness, Sypha, I don't even know if anyone is working on her.

I think someone was working on Genya, but if he's added, he'll just be a costume. CVIII Alucard, only if someone changed one of Alucard's palette swaps to make it have his CV3 collors, don't think there'll be an 8-bit Alucard since CV1 Simon is supposed to be the only 8-bit character.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 02:10:47 PM »
I'm the one working on Arikado. I don't know if it will be done any time soon, I haven't worked on it in a while. I'm sort of using it as a way to practice spriting since I'm a beginner, so some of it is rather difficult for me.

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2016, 07:31:30 PM »
Next CV3 character who can be added on the next beta is probably going to be Grant,
My life will be complete soon.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2016, 07:43:23 PM »
My life will be complete soon.

I'm honestly kind of worried he'll end up being too similar to Sakuya, he's a fast character, but so is she, he has wall/ceiling clings, but flight is better than those anyway, and they both have stop watches, then again, Grant will have the axe which outclasses anything Sakuya can call an anti air, so he won't be a shittier Sakuya, at least lol.