December 12, 2017, 09:52:33 PM

Author Topic: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread  (Read 37736 times)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread
« on: December 13, 2015, 10:06:14 PM »
I just created this so I wouldn't unintentionally mess up any other threads. So to start it off:
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
I remember someone saying that Ronald's slide could just be him tripping and falling, so how would he be able to do so if he's crouching?
Plus, do the sprites at the bottom capture the crazy, murderous intent of a Serious Ronald? Or would it be more ethical to set the sprite as the exact same as usual, but with red eyes? To be honest, there's simply nothing one can do to make Ronald look creepier than he already is.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 11:23:31 PM »
I remember someone saying that Ronald's slide could just be him tripping and falling, so how would he be able to do so if he's crouching?

I honestly didn't think about it that much, didn't even consider his slide while crouching (Which is a pretty stupid thing to do lol).

Then again, the last two could be used I guess.

Plus, do the sprites at the bottom capture the crazy, murderous intent of a Serious Ronald? Or would it be more ethical to set the sprite as the exact same as usual, but with red eyes? To be honest, there's simply nothing one can do to make Ronald look creepier than he already is.

It's honestly going to be hard to make him look "creepy", with his sprites he just looks happy, his facial expressions would need to be changed a bit for that happy smile to her creepier.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 06:07:59 PM »
You're right, Ronald gets really sinister once you change his face and position. He actually looks a bit like Insane Albus.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 08:27:34 PM »
That smile says "I'm not going to kill you, I'm just going to make you really really fat".

lol.

Anyway, I don't really have any particular ideas for Ronald's moveset (Besides that healing which poisons him afterwards, lol), but he may need something to go through shields, Fry Kids do that now, but that's a temporary buff because of his small moveset, though the C hamburguer can be used to hit Medusa, a proper zoning tool as well, maybe one which does more damage than the hamburguer.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »
Proposal for a subweapon:

Ronald throws a Large Fries at someone. On the initial hit, it does decent damage. Then, when it hits the floor, all the French fries spill everywhere, doing minimal damage to everyone who can't dodge them ( like dullahan's death sequence )

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »
What about shot upgrades? Increased damage or be able to use it more often?

The fries being on the ground would help him to destroy the dogs/wolfs that Great Werewolf and Dracula summon, on VS it could serve as a way for him to have control on the ground, mostly for small stages though.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 04:57:15 PM »
I would assume shot upgrades would either increase the number of fries, or do more damage per hit, because technically using less mp per hit wouldn't do much ( the player would have mp upgrades )

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 06:07:48 PM »
Shot upgrades don't decrease the ammount of MP a subweapon wastes though, at least none do so, as far as I know, but they could be a pretty big help, if for example the subweapon wastes 100 MP, and each shot upgrade makes he sub weapon waste 10 less MP, then with quadruple shot it'd be wasting 70MP, doesn't look like much, but it's a big deal, specialy on harder modes where you get less MP upgrades, even more so on Survival mode.

So I guess the upgrade would be buffing it's single use instead of making him be able to use it multiple times, both sound good, but, more fries would be better on VS, more damage would be better against bosses, that's up for you to decide I guess.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 06:15:56 PM »
I would imagine that moving more fries around would cause the game to run slowly ( or at least on the computer I use ) or make Bullet Hell, so I would probably just increase the damage. Another issue would be that the more fries that are spread around, the less likely they would be to hit a specific target.

So I guess more damage would be better.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 06:33:14 PM »
I don't think it would really make the game run slowy, an item crash like Hydro Storm doesn't do that, at the very most it makes the HP and MP bars disapear while it's in use in Abandoned Village (Think there's a solution for that though), and there was a time Ronald could throw the ammount of shot upgrades for each Fry Kid, in other words, with quadruple shot, he could throw 12 Fry kids, 3 of each element, and the game worked fine.

Anyway, the fries could fall in specific places, with more shot upgrades only spreading more, that would make it less random, but again, it'd be more useful on VS.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 07:19:32 PM »
+1
So on arcade and survival, it should increase the number of fries, whereas in versus, it just increases the damage. Or is that not how it works?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 08:21:31 PM »
I was just saying how having more fries would be usable against bosses, damage increase would still be better though, since not enough bosses are large enough to receive hits from moves which spread around (Specialy if the fries are on the ground).

VS uses double shot by default (Exception goes to Holy Water A, dunno if there's anything else), you can't get more than that, so in VS it'd get the damage increase or more fries, depends on which one is chosen, of course, it could also be coded to not have any upgrades.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 08:35:19 PM »
Let's just go with the damage increase; Arcade mode seems to be in a bigger priority.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 09:02:57 PM »
That sounds good.

I don't think he should receive other sub weapons though, the other moves he needs should be special moves.

Offline Medlin

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2015, 03:15:28 AM »
How about Ronald through a guy who eats hamburgers and gets bigger like a balloon until blow into pieces after few seconds doing damage to enemies near him?