October 18, 2017, 03:32:03 AM

Author Topic: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread  (Read 33822 times)

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Re: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 04:33:10 AM »
I was watching a playthrough of the game his sprites are from, and there are sprites of the other McDonald's crew (Grimace, Hamburglar, etc.)

I'm not sure what they would do, but perhaps he could use them as assists? I don't know if that's a good idea or not.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2015, 04:39:24 AM »
I...have no idea. Depending on what they do in the game, they could possibly come together for a kind of Dual Crash (or...quadruple crash...or something.) It could be an interesting item crash.

Edit: I can't seen to find any sprites for anyone else other than Ronald, that could cause some problems.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2015, 10:11:59 AM »
the biggest problem with the fry spill is that for each fry to be able to move, hit and interact with the floor they'd have to be a helper object. there is a global limit of 56, and the more of them on screen the worse mugen performs, unless it was just a little bit like 4-5 or so.
Dracula was here

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2015, 02:05:11 PM »
We could probably just allow 4 or 5.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2015, 02:17:44 PM »

Edit: I can't seen to find any sprites for anyone else other than Ronald, that could cause some problems.

If anyone thinks it's worthwhile, I'll rip the sprites myself. From the playthrough I was skimming, it doesn't seem like they do much though.

the biggest problem with the fry spill is that for each fry to be able to move, hit and interact with the floor they'd have to be a helper object. there is a global limit of 56, and the more of them on screen the worse mugen performs, unless it was just a little bit like 4-5 or so.

Seems like that would be fine. They could always be like "stacks" (for lack of a better word) that bounce around instead of just individual fries.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »
If anyone thinks it's worthwhile, I'll rip the sprites myself. From the playthrough I was skimming, it doesn't seem like they do much though.
Don't see why not. Even if they don't seem to do much, we might be able to come up with something for them.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2015, 03:21:19 PM »
From the playthrough I was skimming, it doesn't seem like they do much though.

Can you post the video? Seeing their attacks would make it easier to adapt them.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2015, 04:31:20 PM »
Can you post the video? Seeing their attacks would make it easier to adapt them.

It's about an hour long, and I haven't watched the whole thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2YZeyMt9dY

From what I've seen, it looks like they just show up for dialogue and don't have attacks or anything. We would need to get creative.

Another thing I noticed about this video is that Ronald has a sprite from behind that I haven't seen on any of the rips online. Having never beaten CV Fighter with Ronald, does anyone know if Serio already has this to use as a cliff sprite? If not I can grab this as well.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2015, 05:07:14 PM »
Another thing I noticed about this video is that Ronald has a sprite from behind that I haven't seen on any of the rips online. Having never beaten CV Fighter with Ronald, does anyone know if Serio already has this to use as a cliff sprite? If not I can grab this as well.

You mean the one at 11:42? That's not a sprite, but one could be made for the cliff scene, he uses his standing sprite when looking at the castle crumbling.

Anyway, that yellow flying thing at 18:08, it could fly around and drop something at the opponent.

He could also have a special move which is a larger and more damaging version of his normal.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 05:13:45 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2015, 06:21:52 PM »
You mean the one at 11:42? That's not a sprite, but one could be made for the cliff scene, he uses his standing sprite when looking at the castle crumbling.

Yes, and there's another one during the ending at 52:13. Honestly I don't know if they would mesh well with his in game sprites, but they could at least be used as reference I guess.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2015, 06:43:56 PM »
Perhaps we could do something like Shanoa's Glyph Sword. This option would be a qcf but it doesn't really match Ronald's style of fighting.

Also another Serious Ronald move. Apparently I really like guns. Lol.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2015, 07:45:40 PM »
Perhaps we could do something like Shanoa's Glyph Sword. This option would be a qcf but it doesn't really match Ronald's style of fighting.

I think it'd be better if it was smaller, an arm's length at most, it could also be backdash cancelable, since none of the anti air sword attacks can be backdash cancelled, also be fast.

Maybe it could have a recently burned ground beef on it to do fire damage.

Also another Serious Ronald move. Apparently I really like guns. Lol.

But wasn't Dario supposed to have handguns? Or was that removed? (I can see why since he'll have some zoning and keep away moves).

Edit: Also, I think a "Serious" Ronald shouldn't use guns, kitchen tools would be more fitting, like knifes or forks, or other things like a pan with frying oil, would be more fitting.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2015, 08:01:36 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2015, 11:50:00 PM »
Arm's length spatula. I don't know if I sprited the spatula's rotation right though. Should the burnt ground beef come in as an addition to the attack ( like as a shot upgrade? )

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2015, 12:16:15 AM »
His arm movement needs more frames, and his body could move a bit more is he's putting strength into the attack.

Shot upgrades are only really added to sub weapons, though Stella's up,qcf attack is the sole exception, and is affected by shot upgrades (That's more because she lacks any other sub weapons though), the burned beef could be an alternate version of the move, maybe do more damage while not being backdash cancelable.

Maybe Ronald could have a special attack with one of the foods which does dark element damage, would be better to be a grounded move though, his hamburguer is already his best anti air, and the spatula could become another, the hamburguer might need some nerfs in damage to make the spatula more useful.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2015, 07:47:43 AM »
if the spatula move is quick, the amount of frames is fine. it'll just need "speed lines"/"motion blur" type stuff for the middle frame.
Dracula was here