October 18, 2017, 03:30:13 AM

Author Topic: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread  (Read 33821 times)

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Re: FinnishFlame's Sprite Submission Thread
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2015, 12:48:58 PM »
Fortunately, that McDonald's game is pretty short. I beat it last night, and I'm pretty sure I got everything.

Unfortunately, there isn't really a lot to go on. I still have to put together the sheet of Hamburglar, but he doesn't have much either.

I can't understand why Birdie has the balloons. Shouldn't she be able to fly with her wings? And if she needs the balloons, why does she flap her wings when she's flying? Anyway, the balloons would be easy enough to edit out if we wanted to.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2015, 01:33:20 PM »
I can't understand why Birdie has the balloons. Shouldn't she be able to fly with her wings? And if she needs the balloons, why does she flap her wings when she's flying? Anyway, the balloons would be easy enough to edit out if we wanted to.

Eating too much McDonalds made her too fat to be able to fly normaly, so she needs the balloons' help.

lol.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #32 on: December 17, 2015, 05:25:57 PM »
Will this suffice?
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #33 on: December 17, 2015, 05:32:25 PM »
Is the spatula attack really going to stop in front of him? The other attacks like this usualy go down until they reach the ground (Not saying Ronald's should be the same as those, just wondering).

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #34 on: December 17, 2015, 05:56:24 PM »
Sorry about that.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2015, 05:02:06 AM »
OK, not much more to show, but here is Hamburglar.

Also, the back view sprites of Ronald. They're completely the wrong scale, but I imagine they can be good reference if anyone wants to try making a good one.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2015, 05:38:46 AM »
Perhaps Birdie could fly over enemies, dropping more hamburgers? It would be a big help against larger bosses, although the hamburger motif would be a bit repetitive.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2015, 12:08:13 PM »
Perhaps Birdie could fly over enemies, dropping more hamburgers? It would be a big help against larger bosses, although the hamburger motif would be a bit repetitive.

That sounds like Hammer's item crash now that I think about it, maybe it could be Ronald's own item crash?

Anyway, we can always pick something else from their menu:

http://www.mcdonalds.com/us/en/food/full_menu/full_menu_explorer.html

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2015, 03:13:21 PM »
According to the McDonald's wiki (which I'm somewhat surprised is something that exists), Birdie - aka The Early Bird - was created to advertise their breakfast menu. Maybe she could drop Egg McMuffins or some other breakfast sandwich.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2015, 04:07:13 PM »
According to the McDonald's wiki (which I'm somewhat surprised is something that exists), Birdie - aka The Early Bird - was created to advertise their breakfast menu. Maybe she could drop Egg McMuffins or some other breakfast sandwich.

Well, that's interesting, maybe the same could be done with the other McDonald's characters (Could at least help to define what they could do).

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2015, 05:42:43 PM »
Grimace started out as a "villain" character who tried to steal milkshakes all the time (and he had an extra pair of arms for some reason). Later when the characters were retooled, he became Ronald's dimwitted friend who... didn't really do anything.

Hamburglar steals burgers, of course. Not sure how to incorporate that into this - maybe he could grab projectiles out of the air?

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2015, 05:45:36 PM »
Perhaps he could be like Soma's cagnazzo, but in the sense that he defends instead of attacks. Like a certain space is defined, and he can automatically move throughout that space.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2015, 05:53:20 PM »
Grimace started out as a "villain" character who tried to steal milkshakes all the time (and he had an extra pair of arms for some reason). Later when the characters were retooled, he became Ronald's dimwitted friend who... didn't really do anything.

For a milkshake, the best I can think of it throwing it and it stays on the ground for a bit doing damage, but FinnishFlame already suggested a sub weapon to work like that.

Hamburglar steals burgers, of course. Not sure how to incorporate that into this - maybe he could grab projectiles out of the air?

What do you mean? Make him a pure projectile destroyer?

Perhaps he could be like Soma's cagnazzo, but in the sense that he defends instead of attacks. Like a certain space is defined, and he can automatically move throughout that space.

You mean like when you make a battle type innocent devil block in Curse of Darkness?

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2015, 05:59:06 PM »
I was intending the fries to be more like a ground-based Ignis, but if a milkshake works like a holy water or Jonenathan's curry, it may work. In fact, i actually suggested that already. But the problem here would be whether to increase the number of subweapons. As previously mentioned, we'd already have enough unless the Fry Kids are put into one slot.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2015, 06:13:32 PM »
I was intending the fries to be more like a ground-based Ignis, but if a milkshake works like a holy water or Jonenathan's curry, it may work. In fact, i actually suggested that already. But the problem here would be whether to increase the number of subweapons. As previously mentioned, we'd already have enough unless the Fry Kids are put into one slot.

The milkshake, the idea I have was for Grimace to throw it, and it could track the enemy's position while before he throws it, so it wouldn't exactly work like Holy Water/Curry, problem is that it could end up working like the fries, but I guess the tracking and it being a special move could be different enough.

Fry Kids can all share the same slot, up+A to use one, C to use another, up+C to use the last one, could get a bit messy when doing a ceiling cling, but it wouldn't really be a problem.