October 18, 2017, 03:32:15 AM

Author Topic: New Boss Moveset Discussion  (Read 7428 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: New Boss Moveset Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:08 PM »
40 seconds to keep element might be much since battles are pretty fast (it's fighting after all). Also it should depend on difficulty. Maybe something like (10 + 5 * difficulty) seconds?

Well, the idea behind a timer would just for him to not switch elements everytime you hit him with something different, but, yeah, a different timer depending on difficulty would be better.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 11:02:41 PM »
What I meant down there about Dmitrii being a plant: pretty much because he has the element of a plant, he behaves somewhat like a plant. So shouldn't attacking let him recharge HP?
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 11:12:37 PM »
What I meant down there about Dmitrii being a plant: pretty much because he has the element of a plant, he behaves somewhat like a plant. So shouldn't attacking let him recharge HP?

Are you suggesting this because of Alura Une's healing powers from AoS? I'm kin of against it because he's already going to have the advantage of having a familiar completely independant from him, which, probably will make it not be possible to beat him without taking hits, which is a good advantage for him to have, giving him healing powers would be too much, unless it wastes his MP, which would hinder him from using Alura Une for a while after you kill it.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2016, 11:19:34 PM »
Perhaps it could waste his MP, and he could use it towards the end of the battle in an attempt to regain health.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
Perhaps it could waste his MP, and he could use it towards the end of the battle in an attempt to regain health.

It could be similar to Zephyr's "item crash", where Alura Une stops attacking for a while and then just heals him with a single use, instead of slowy healing him, being a charge move, which you can actualy avoid by killing her on time, it should heal a lot, like 1/3 of his MP or something like that.

Seems like Alura Une will be really important for the matchup if she's put, even without the healing, lol.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2016, 12:52:16 AM »
Perhaps it could be a bit like Dracula's Demonic Megido attack, but could be interruptable. The earlier one interrupts it the less HP is restored.

In addition, if Alura Une is used as a Guardian soul, Dmitrii can't have any other Guardian soul activated at the same time, I guess that would look weird. However it would be cool to see, as Dmitrii doesn't really have control over the souls he uses, so it would look a bit abstract and amalgamous (a bit like menace) in the way nothing really fits together.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2016, 01:04:49 AM »
Perhaps it could be a bit like Dracula's Demonic Megido attack, but could be interruptable. The earlier one interrupts it the less HP is restored.

So you saying that he'll be healed anyway, and the only thing that changes is the ammount?

In addition, if Alura Une is used as a Guardian soul, Dmitrii can't have any other Guardian soul activated at the same time, I guess that would look weird. However it would be cool to see, as Dmitrii doesn't really have control over the souls he uses, so it would look a bit abstract and amalgamous (a bit like menace) in the way nothing really fits together.

You shouldn't consider DoS' mechanics in this game, specialy when Soma himself doesn't follow them (All of those bullet souls at once, two weapons equiped at once, 3 if you count Valmanway as a separate weapon since he doesn't use the short sword's special attack, etc), and, Dmitrii himself is also breaking his own limitations if that moveset is accepted, lol.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2016, 01:15:46 AM »
Perhaps the earlier you can kill Alura Une, the less health Dmitrii gets back, until he doesn't get any health back at all. Unless it's possible to put that on a higher difficulty.

On the Guardian souls thing, I meant lke if he had Alura Une and Buer activated at the same time. It would look like he had a random thing surrounding him.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2016, 01:29:10 AM »
Perhaps the earlier you can kill Alura Une, the less health Dmitrii gets back, until he doesn't get any health back at all. Unless it's possible to put that on a higher difficulty.

Well, summoning her should waste MP, her healing him would waste MP, so if you kill her before she can heal him, you'd probably be able to kill him before he can summon her again.

On the Guardian souls thing, I meant lke if he had Alura Une and Buer activated at the same time. It would look like he had a random thing surrounding him.

Don't think it'd be that much of a problem to have both activated, though if Buer was too far from Dmitrii, it'd limit movement, which could be a problem.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2016, 02:53:24 PM »
So if we're going to assume that Dmitrii copies only one attack per element, which ones would he copy? We already have Disc Armor, and possibly Buer.

In addition, what would be his three default attacks? Currently he has Alura Une, but there could also be his stabbing attack, but that would be irrelevantly tiny, so changing a melee weapon would be ideal.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2016, 03:21:44 PM »
So if we're going to assume that Dmitrii copies only one attack per element, which ones would he copy? We already have Disc Armor, and possibly Buer.

In addition, what would be his three default attacks? Currently he has Alura Une, but there could also be his stabbing attack, but that would be irrelevantly tiny, so changing a melee weapon would be ideal.

Disc Armor should already be one of the default ones, Physical, Magic and Plant would be his default elements which can't be changed, he could start with darkness but it could be changed for other elements.

I made a list for what each attack could be on the last page:

Anyway, my ideas for what his element attacks could be:

For the thunder attack, maybe it could be Rycuda's soul, making it a instant full screen attack, which you can crouch under.

Darkness should just be Malachi since it's what he starts the fight with.

Ice could be Frozen Shade's attack, could work like Loretta's Icycle Spike.

Holy, it could be AoS Legion's attack, and give it gull screen range with some start up, to make the player have to jump over it.

Dunno about magic, maybe it could be the witch's shield to protect him.

With all of this, since he's just a tier 3 boss, he shouldn't hit that hard, and with this many projectile options, and his backdash to avoid taking damage, he shouldn't move too fast.

Even if he can't copy elements like we're planning, he'd be good enough with Physical, Plant and Darkness suggestions, and maybe whatever we Magic ends up being used could help too.

Maybe just replace that fireball with Buer, Buer should also have a time limit, to not get in the way too much.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »
Oh, sorry, I forgot about that. Should all of the souls be lvl.9? Because currently, he only copies lvl.1, and the battle could be much harder.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2016, 04:03:57 PM »
Oh, sorry, I forgot about that. Should all of the souls be lvl.9? Because currently, he only copies lvl.1, and the battle could be much harder.

Yeah, they should be level 9, after all, he's supposed to be stronger than the DoS version.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 09:46:21 PM »
i may be able to make it possible to detect what element the enemy's hitting with. there are a few values unused by the game in the hit definition state i can use for element information. this will even work with helper objects, so both boss and player dmitri should be able to detect those things.

the way elemental damage's coded right now is through a workaround, the damage is all calculated on p1 side and p2 only gets the info about how much damage to subtract, but i found a way to also send the info of what kind of attack hit them, whether it was elemental or not and what kind, and if it was physical, magical or unique.

i'll have to recode the whole damage system. lol.

this way i'll be able to automatize the whole thing though, so changing just one value will auto-adjust everything, element, damage type, hit effect and such rather than having to change about 6 things and copypaste specific pieces of code.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 10:04:51 PM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 10:29:01 PM »
i may be able to make it possible to detect what element the enemy's hitting with. there are a few values unused by the game in the hit definition state i can use for element information. this will even work with helper objects, so both boss and player dmitri should be able to detect those things.

the way elemental damage's coded right now is through a workaround, the damage is all calculated on p1 side and p2 only gets the info about how much damage to subtract, but i found a way to also send the info of what kind of attack hit them, whether it was elemental or not and what kind, and if it was physical, magical or unique.

Guess that would solve the inconsistency of unique damage not doing the same damage to everything (It's very minor when it happens though).

i'll have to recode the whole damage system. lol.

this way i'll be able to automatize the whole thing though, so changing just one value will auto-adjust everything, element, damage type, hit effect and such rather than having to change about 6 things and copypaste specific pieces of code.

Would that be only able to be implemented on the next beta?

general forums