December 12, 2017, 09:52:42 PM

Author Topic: Moves which aren't used/ideas for other moves  (Read 1888 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Moves which aren't used/ideas for other moves
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2016, 07:31:37 AM »
Yep, there were many people who offered and then pulled back their offers after multiple difficulties and personal stuff. Heck, even the banned owlboy worked on him once, but you know what happened. Even Slogra dropped him after some time. Vedora-Kingdom hasn't returned in a while, though he has his own website containing his spritework, even Walter is there without any particles or effects and such. Also, sadly, he has stopped working on LoS2 Gabriel/Dracul as deep as I read.

Unfortunate but not unnexpected, working on any of the 3D characters would be a bitch, I honestly pity if someone tries to make that Leon I suggested lol.

Guess Trevor, kid Eric and Loi Succubus are the only 3D characters who'll really be added, kid Eric only lacks a backdash and item crash, Trevor, I just know he's almost finished, Loi Succubus is being worked on by FinnishFlame, it's very likely none of the others will be added.

Though, surprisingly, Trevor looks like he's the last one in this list, Cyber hasn't logged in over a year, so either he stopped showing up, or is just not logging into his account when he comes here, if it's the first one, then he's likely busy and doesn't have time for sprite making.

He/she also saw this coming when talking about using the forum in the textboard, that most of the members registered don't post anything and just register to be able to see attached images and other stuff:

Eh, there would be ghost members anyway, forums usualy have people who create accounts and never comment, or comment only after years of the creation of their accounts, lol.

Weird that attached images only being possible to be seen by members is a default forum thing, I thought it was intentional.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2016, 10:01:23 AM »
Unfortunate but not unnexpected, working on any of the 3D characters would be a bitch, I honestly pity if someone tries to make that Leon I suggested lol.

Guess Trevor, kid Eric and Loi Succubus are the only 3D characters who'll really be added, kid Eric only lacks a backdash and item crash, Trevor, I just know he's almost finished, Loi Succubus is being worked on by FinnishFlame, it's very likely none of the others will be added.

Though, surprisingly, Trevor looks like he's the last one in this list, Cyber hasn't logged in over a year, so either he stopped showing up, or is just not logging into his account when he comes here, if it's the first one, then he's likely busy and doesn't have time for sprite making.

I always pity spriters and those who have to code this game, unless the sprites put in are already ripped before hand and don't need re- or frankenspriting, in that case only the latter. Very sorry to disappoint, I read somewhere that Trevor is quite far from done, though walking and running animations are supposedly done, and it's the CoD one, not the fake trevor kind. Also about Eric, what should his item crash actually be? Should it follow his hyper from Judgement (in this case, summons 4 orbs which track and then throws his spear) or change it up a bit?

By the way, wasn't there someone spriting Cornell? How far is he/she now?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 10:06:52 AM by Anonymous »

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2016, 01:44:26 PM »
Very sorry to disappoint, I read somewhere that Trevor is quite far from done, though walking and running animations are supposedly done, and it's the CoD one, not the fake trevor kind.

Ah, I thought he was close to being finished, oh well lol.

Also about Eric, what should his item crash actually be? Should it follow his hyper from Judgement (in this case, summons 4 orbs which track and then throws his spear) or change it up a bit?

Just copy and paste his Judgement finisher and speed it up, should be good enough.

By the way, wasn't there someone spriting Cornell? How far is he/she now?

Dunno, he stopped posting since july, unless he started to send the sprites directly to Serio, it looks like he's either on hiatus or gave up.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2016, 09:22:29 PM »
...as of right now your the only one who's responded to any of my posts, your like a machine man i see you in every post i go to...

Sorry about not replying. I'm not as active as I once was, I'm just replying to reply, to exhibit hospitality.

Anyhow, I believe (?) I am the forum's only active spriter currently, but I do not think I would be able to take on more spriting projects, I'm already tied up as it is.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Venom Splatter

• Belmont Buddies!!!
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 03:29:14 AM »
Sorry about not replying. I'm not as active as I once was, I'm just replying to reply, to exhibit hospitality.

Anyhow, I believe (?) I am the forum's only active Sprite currently, but I do not think I would be able to take on more spiriting projects, I'm already tied up as it is.
What!? Your the only one!? Wow that's aw some, i wish i could be of some use but i don't know anything the site would need, plus i don't have any clue about spriteing, BTW I LOVE YOUR WORK, it's okay that no one responds sometime i understand that some members on this site play a big role in making the game, I'M SORRY! if i offended/upset you, a while back before i registered as a member Lukmendes helped me understand how to add the HQ music and literally responds to anything anyone posts to him (like a machine lol;). and don't worry about responding you don't need anymore little fan like me wasting your time. I'm being sicere and nice i don't want you to misinterpret my last sentence thank you for all your hard work FinnishFlame;) 
Which is better Hunter's Whip or Vampire Killer? I know, do you?

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 03:37:00 AM »
Well, the game needs new art, if you're good at that. I started, but soon pretty much gave up, or else went on hiatus from it. Stories are something that we would need, as well.

If I draw with fine lines, then I can't color very easily. On the other hand, if I sprite the portaits, it's time consuming and there's too much room for mistakes.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 04:16:55 AM »
I don't think FinnishFlame is the only spriter here, Donoffrio is also still around as he logs in every once in a while, he just doesn't post his sprites in public (At most just one animation I think), last I've heard he's working on John.

I tend to reply a lot to those things by default anyways, and in this forum it's extra important to do so, the usual quietness here can put off new members if no one talks for days, and it can be bad if the member could help with something.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 04:40:06 AM »
I don't think FinnishFlame is the only spriter here, Donoffrio is also still around as he logs in every once in a while, he just doesn't post his sprites in public (At most just one animation I think), last I've heard he's working on John.

I tend to reply a lot to those things by default anyways, and in this forum it's extra important to do so, the usual quietness here can put off new members if no one talks for days, and it can be bad if the member could help with something.

Well, to be fair FinnishFlame is the most active spriter for now in terms of logging in, replying and showing progress. I would hope there are many spriters still working on, but not logging on or something, but I also can't blame them if they're not, since they're basically doing that with no monetary gain (that's also illegal, to be fair). Also, historically, the forum has had way longer times where no one spoke at all (I think once it was longer than a week, when I was still a guest back then).

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 04:41:53 AM »
No monetary gain?

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 04:48:10 AM »
No monetary gain?

Without being paid or getting something in return. As far as I know, this game has operated almost completely without a budget (almost because I'm not sure if serio gains donations or so).

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2016, 04:51:43 AM »
I know what it means, I was just a tiny bit surprised. I plan on finding a job related to this, at least part time. I think I'll start a new thread or something.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2016, 04:58:19 AM »
Not even free fan games are legal, getting paid to make them is even worse, Konami doesn't bother with CVF though, thankfuly since they like to go around shutting down fan games even if they're free.

I guess they don't like if someone tries to remake their games, which is what happened with MG1 and MGS1 remakes, there was also a 3D CV1 remake, which they also shut down, but in that case the creators were dumb enough to think that they could get paid for it and nothing bad would happen.

Weird they didn't shut down Simon's Quest Revamped though.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2016, 05:19:26 AM »
Weird they didn't shut down Simon's Quest Revamped though.

That and many, many others, including hacks. Maybe they were exempt because they clearly stated the content is from the respective companies?

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
Re: Moves which aren\'t used/ideas for other moves
« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »

Anyhow, I believe (?) I am the forum's only active spriter currently, but I do not think I would be able to take on more spriting projects, I'm already tied up as it is.
The only active member in here is Lukmendes,Anonymous,and Venom.
I don't  often post like previously because either i have no idea what to say,or im realize my solution is too damn stupid lol
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.