December 12, 2017, 09:51:21 PM

Author Topic: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions  (Read 6409 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Lukmendes' movelist suggestions
« on: February 22, 2016, 03:40:37 AM »
+1
So I kind of got sick of having the movelist suggestions I make be literaly all over the place, so I decide to put all of them in one thread.

Arcade Trio (Done with Anonymous' suggestion on giving Little Witch Juste's ice book + Holy Water and the "critical attack" adapted to f,f attack to Vampire Hunter):

(click to show/hide)

Celia:

(click to show/hide)

Christopher (Done using VladCT's suggestion of giving him a shield).

(click to show/hide)

Dario (Done alongside Zufeng):

(click to show/hide)

Desmond (Done alongside Anonymous, using Rasgar's video as reference):

(click to show/hide)

Dmitrii (Done alongside FinnishFlame, with VladCT's help):

(click to show/hide)

Dracul:

(click to show/hide)

Gabriel:

(click to show/hide)

Graham:

(click to show/hide)

Hector (Done based on what sprites Donnofrio made):

(click to show/hide)

Isaac (Done based on what sprites Donnofrio made):

(click to show/hide)

Joachim:

(click to show/hide)

Leon (Done based on Undead's ideas with UBserker's help):

(click to show/hide)

Loi Succubus:

(click to show/hide)

Rebecca/Rhea (Done alongside Rasgar):

(click to show/hide)

Ronald (Both done alongise Finnishflame, though Joke mode one had ideas by Rasgar (Use the other McDonald's characters as support, as well as use specific types of food for Grimace and Birdie)):

(click to show/hide)

Rusty

(click to show/hide)

Slogra/Gaibon:

(click to show/hide)

Sypha:

(click to show/hide)

Trevor:

(click to show/hide)

That's all I can think of, I did write some suggestions for Reinhardt, but that was pretty small.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 05:10:03 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Re: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 04:37:10 AM »
Rebecca/Rhea:

Item crash: They jump and hit their weapons on the ground, Rhea's could hit once while Rebecca's hits multiple times, Rebecca's would need to do more damage because of that.

What about the spell with the energy pillars?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
Re: Lukmendes\' movelist suggestions
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:41:59 PM »
What about the spell with the energy pillars?

Eh, that's the item crash, I described it poorly lol.

Edit: So I corrected the mistake of Rhea/Rebecca's item crash (Forgot to do it earlier), also corrected another mistake on their moveset, air up,qcf attack should be the move which makes them hit the opponent in the air and end the move in the ground, air qcf attack would be the same thing as the ground qcf attack, only in the air.

Also put Rusty's b,d,f move as a chargeable one, think it'd be better for her.

Post Merge: February 29, 2016, 03:44:57 PM
So, I realized something, Rebecca/Rhea would have trouble to destroy the wolves.

The other projectiles they'd be able to deal with fine, flying skulls can be destroyed by normals and invincible dash ins, Flying Medusa heads and Dracula phase 2's tracking projectiles, jump, then use the Montano qcf attack equivalent, you avoid the Medusa Heads and destroy Dracula's projectiles while also being in a good position to destroy the rest.

But, the wolves, the rest of the cast destroys them by using some projectile then backdashing away, that works for both Dracula's and Great Werewolf's wolves, and Rebecca/Rhea don't have that.

I think the solution for this would be giving an alternate version of their "uppercut", one where each button press makes them attack one more time, they should also be ivulnerable during this, and each time they attack should waste a significant ammount of MP, maybe something like 50~70 MP, that way this move would be more of a panic button, it possibly could be used in other matchups too (As well as on VS to avoid item crashes), but the main idea with it is destroying the wolves safely, otherwise they could have a lot of trouble.

Also, changed the inputs for their invincible dash ins, a qcf input is better to be able to use it in the opposite direction, that's more to make it more useful to use against Medusa, since she forces you to have your back turned against her a lot, so using  a f,f invincible dash in against her to counter her dash in attack is harder.

Edit: Also, is it decided which IDs Hector should use? If not, I think Tiramisu (Fairy), Gargoyle (Bird), and either Crystal Rod or Embryo Rod (Both are mages), I don't think he should have a battle type since Isaac already has two of them, if Hector were to have 4 like Isaac, then the fourth one could be The End (Devil type), which wouldn't be a problem since Hector and Isaac use The End's attacks in a different way.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 03:59:02 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:10:52 PM »
Dario needs something to hit Agni. Guns also deal physical damage, but it seems he has no anti-airs that is not fire element? (That I recall in Finnish's sprites)

Trevors movelist sounds just perfect. But I think multi-kicks also needs to slightly bounce off enemies to prevent running into them.

I remember suggesting in the other topic about Leons flip. I thought having Leon with powerful alchemy and whip strikes and his backdash having a delay after landing (His backdash being the flip itself and not a backslide) would be an interesting mechanic to play with; since most whip users (excluding Simon and couple others) are very agile in their dodging, which is also the essential maneuver to play CV Fighter. What did you thought of this?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2016, 04:41:27 PM »
Dario needs something to hit Agni. Guns also deal physical damage, but it seems he has no anti-airs that is not fire element? (That I recall in Finnish's sprites)

Dario would fight Agni on a similar way Frog fights Agni, by jumping to use an attack, Dario would probably use the Shotgun for that, but grenades could possibly work too.

He could jump to attack during the attack where Agni spits those fire waves, and the attack where Agni flies around, the second one, Dario would need to be at the corner, he could also attack once after Agni ends the hands attack.

Trevors movelist sounds just perfect. But I think multi-kicks also needs to slightly bounce off enemies to prevent running into them.

But is it even possible to push away the bosses? Or do you mean Trevor moving backwards a bit if he's too close?

I remember suggesting in the other topic about Leons flip. I thought having Leon with powerful alchemy and whip strikes and his backdash having a delay after landing (His backdash being the flip itself and not a backslide) would be an interesting mechanic to play with; since most whip users (excluding Simon and couple others) are very agile in their dodging, which is also the essential maneuver to play CV Fighter. What did you thought of this?

So just to make sure I understand what you mean, you're suggesting for Leon to have a backdash with worst recovery than usual? I have my doubts about this, Death and SotN Maria had worst recovery on their backdashes in the past, and that gave some trouble to them (Mostly against Death's skulls though), it could work though, it would actualy give more emphasis on this idea of Leon being worse at up close range and bring some of his sloppyness from Loi, but it shouldn't be too much, otherwise he'd have to rely on sub weapons a lot, that would also make his backdash cancelable moves have much less uses than the usual backdash cancelable moves, so I think even with the worst recovery, it should still be able to cancel the backdash by crouching, at least the end of it, just to make sure he can avoid Death's skulls attack safely.

Offline Undead

« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »
But is it even possible to push away the bosses? Or do you mean Trevor moving backwards a bit if he's too close?

Yes, Trevor being slightly pushed back if he's too close.

So just to make sure I understand what you mean, you're suggesting for Leon to have a backdash with worst recovery than usual? I have my doubts about this, Death and SotN Maria had worst recovery on their backdashes in the past, and that gave some trouble to them (Mostly against Death's skulls though), it could work though, it would actualy give more emphasis on this idea of Leon being worse at up close range and bring some of his sloppyness from Loi, but it shouldn't be too much, otherwise he'd have to rely on sub weapons a lot, that would also make his backdash cancelable moves have much less uses than the usual backdash cancelable moves, so I think even with the worst recovery, it should still be able to cancel the backdash by crouching, at least the end of it, just to make sure he can avoid Death's skulls attack safely.

I agree with all of this. Backdashing (Backflipping in this case) would be his Achilles heel. Could be cancelable once he lands to reduce the delay, but working his flip would be part of playing as him perfectly. Of course, some real testing makes perfect!

Offline UBerserker

• gold member
  • Spada†leggendaria
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2016, 05:31:10 PM »
Considering Leon's slow evasion moves, I suppose that would encourage his Perfect Guard move more (assuming PG can be added to CVfighter without issues). PG was essential in Loi Crazy mode.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 05:37:42 PM »
I agree with all of this. Backdashing (Backflipping in this case) would be his Achilles heel. Could be cancelable once he lands to reduce the delay, but working his flip would be part of playing as him perfectly. Of course, some real testing makes perfect!

From what I can imagine, the matchups which would affect him the most would be Death, Orlok and Medusa, Death because of the skull attack, Orlok, if he's not too close to Orlok, the when he uses the purple faces attacks, Leon won't be able to backflip into safety, (Other characters can backdash and crouch in the safe area), and Medusa because of her beam attack, other characters can attack, backdash, then crouch on the opposite side to avoid the beam, Leon wouldn't be able to do that, but then again, he'll have holy water, so he probably shouldn't worry about this so much.

Also, I think he should have some Carrie like-jumps, after all, his jumps were pretty bad, but his running speed could be more or less Shanoa's running speed, since he could run pretty fast with one of the relics (Can't give him only below average stuff).

With all of this, he should hit like a truck with his normals, even harder than Montano's regular sword, his sub weapons could be more on the zoning/keep away, though I haven't really planned all of them, I think he should have red orb+ dagger, yellow orb + dagger, and the green orb+Axe, have those moves as special inputs I mean, also, the "heavy hit combo ender" (Last attack of the heavy, heavy, heavy comco), maybe it could be his C normal, which wastes MP, the other two whip special inputs could be that attack which is like Montano's C, and the other one could be him doing that whip spin (The last attack you unlock), better be the Vampire Killer version instead of elemental whips, because Vampire Killer version's have larger hitboxes and it hit multiple times, could be a pretty good projectile destroyer.

Also, maybe he could have the elemental whips, maybe holding the Y button and pressing a specific button, instead of activating a relic, that button could switch the whips, and his whip could be at his whip like it was in Loi so you can see which whip he has equipped.

Considering Leon's slow evasion moves, I suppose that would encourage his Perfect Guard move more (assuming PG can be added to CVfighter without issues). PG was essential in Loi Crazy mode.

I don't see any problem with his Perfect Guard being added, specialy if he has sloppy evasion.

It could work like it originaly did, you block, he's ivulnerable, and is pushed back a lot, which would put him in the position he'd be more effective if he ends up being better at zoning, maybe it could have the same limitation as LoS's Perfect Guard, by that I mean, if you fail at doing a Perfect Guard, it would have some cooldown where you can't do another one for a second or so, that way you couldn't just mash and hope you can get one, you'd need to do it properly.

This post became much longer than I originaly planned.

Offline Undead

« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 05:48:29 PM »
Yup, Leon opens doors to some awesome and unseen mechanics and matchups. There is a somewhat Perfect Guard in game already, the Players shines white briefly, but doesn't completely block all damage, but reduces it greatly.

I'm also leaving this here in, just in case:
(click to show/hide)

Offline UBerserker

• gold member
  • Spada†leggendaria
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 06:15:53 PM »
Blade Serpent for dagger OK, memorable and can home into targets.
Axe Tornado = I suppose you want it like Belmont's Axe crash or like Loi's version (basically Charlotte's whirlwind, just less wide but faster)
Holy Water = Aqua Disc was my favorite https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=183 - weird for an item crash, but the rest of the holy water skills were meh
Diamond = Vanish Storm, basically the holy bible crash but on crack https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=251

If Crosses are added, I'd go with holy nuke Micheal Sword https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=294

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 10:06:11 PM »
Yup, Leon opens doors to some awesome and unseen mechanics and matchups. There is a somewhat Perfect Guard in game already, the Players shines white briefly, but doesn't completely block all damage, but reduces it greatly.

I'm also leaving this here in, just in case:
(click to show/hide)

Honestly, Leon could be more like Juste when it comes to the size of his moveset, the orbs system is actualy basicaly the same as Juste's.

Now, here's how I think he could work:

C button could instead be the combo ender, now that I think of it, the light attack combo ender would be better.

f,f attack could be the heavy hit combo ender.

up,qcf attack could be that jump attack which is like Montano's C.

b,d,f attack could be that whip spin he has.

qcf attack could change depending on which sub weapon he has equipped, that way each one of his sub weapons would have 3 attacks, the up+attack, the qcf one and the item crash.

Originaly I had though for him to have two inputs for sub weapons, but, thinking about it better now, it could end up being too much, and some could end up becoming useless, but I don't really remember much of his moveset, so maybe there can be enough different moves to give him two special inputs for each sub weapon, lol.

Y button could be his block button, and pressing Y + another button could make him activate one of his relics, maybe he could have 3 relics, and the last button, it could make him change the whips, that way he could have the elemental whips, though, unlike it happens with Montano, Leon's Vampire Killer shouldn't be that much more damaging, specialy since his vampire killer won't lack moves like Montano's regular sword does (Which he lacks sub weapons with it).

Blade Serpent for dagger OK, memorable and can home into targets.
Axe Tornado = I suppose you want it like Belmont's Axe crash or like Loi's version (basically Charlotte's whirlwind, just less wide but faster)
Holy Water = Aqua Disc was my favorite https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=183 - weird for an item crash, but the rest of the holy water skills were meh
Diamond = Vanish Storm, basically the holy bible crash but on crack https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=251

If Crosses are added, I'd go with holy nuke Micheal Sword https://youtu.be/t2vLZUGcyRU?t=294

There's also that one where Leon summons a gigantic cross which follows him, stays in front of him, would be pretty good.

I also would preffer yellow orb + dagger as an item crash for Leon (In case it can't be used as a chargeable move as I suggested before), Trevor is already going to have Blade Serpent, and Leon has enough moves to not need to use the same one as him.

A good move to use for holy water is the one he throws it like a dagger, would be pretty good.

Edit: Also, one thing I noticed, Leon could possibly have a terrible matchup against Whip Succubus, movement and good recovery are important against her, Leon wouldn't really have both if his backdash ends up being shitty.

Not saying it would be un-winnable, but, better to keep that matchup in mind.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 10:25:37 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline UBerserker

• gold member
  • Spada†leggendaria
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 01:41:57 PM »
A good move to use for holy water is the one he throws it like a dagger, would be pretty good.

Up + 2ndary attack for that? With Up + primary attack for the regular holy water.
Considering Leon's agility he might need that handy. I think no Belmont in CVF has a ranged form of the holy water subweapon.

Also yeah I thought somebody had already the move with the big cross in front of you. That's definitely way better than Micheal Sword.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
Up + 2ndary attack for that? With Up + primary attack for the regular holy water.

I think it'd be better as a special input.

I have two ideas for Leon, either 3 special inputs attacks for the whips, and one special input for sub weapons, or two special inputs attacks for whips, and two for sub weapons, obviously the last one is the hardest, since he'll need to have 4 attacks for each sub weapon (Sub weapon throw, two special inputs, item crash), it'd be harder to make those attacks because of the different sprites, and harder to balance everything, on the other hand, he could be really fun to use with all of that (Assuming everything is good, I remember how boring Alucard was when none of his special inputs were good).

Considering Leon's agility he might need that handy. I think no Belmont in CVF has a ranged form of the holy water subweapon.

The best way the others can have a ranged sub weapon is to jump before using it, so yeah, Leon would have this advantage.

Also yeah I thought somebody had already the move with the big cross in front of you. That's definitely way better than Micheal Sword.

Michael sword can work, though, with the way the bosses refuse to stand still, it'd be better for it to not do many hits, maybe not stay for long and hit once.

I think if a sub weapon + orb attack is chosen, no nearly identical attack should be used, so if dagger + green orb is used for example, he shouldn't have dagger + white orb, same if the cross is added, don't give Leon the axe + blue orb attack.

Also, just like in Loi, he should have pretty good recovery when using his sub weapons normaly.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2016, 02:09:52 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2016, 02:43:07 AM »
So since FinnishFlame showed interest in working on Sypha, I decided to write a moveset for her as well (I was gonna do it anyway, but I was gonna postpone it 'till I wrote the moveset for Dracul, Gabriel, Leon, Hector, Isaac and Joachim, lol).

Gifs for refferences of her attacks from Judgement, and Shanoa's Evanescere:

Book Normals:
(click to show/hide)

Hammer of Thor:
(click to show/hide)

Ice Storm:
(click to show/hide)

Fireball/Triple Blaze:
(click to show/hide)

Shanoa's Evanescere:
(click to show/hide)

Post Merge: March 10, 2016, 02:46:56 AM
Edit: Wrote moveset suggestions for Dracul, Gabriel and Loi Succubus, later I'll try to write one for Leon, Hector, Isaac and Joachim (With Leon's I'll try to use the ideas others posted here).

That reminds me, what are the weapons planned for Hector to use?
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 02:48:26 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2016, 09:03:57 AM »
That reminds me, what are the weapons planned for Hector to use?
For me,i would prefer rapier,not many CV character use rapier beside stella (i know she using sword,but she use it for stabbing anyway)
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

general forums