December 12, 2017, 09:49:17 PM

Author Topic: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions  (Read 6408 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions
« Reply #105 on: January 10, 2017, 03:52:43 AM »
I thought Dmitrii's Fire-type move was the Arc Demon soul?

Weren't you the one suggesting for Buer soul?

I honestly prefer giving him Buer soul since it gives him an up close and defensive tool, give him more reasons to get close to a boss when possible.

Also, don't we have a Holy and Plant-type move too?

AoS Valkyrie and Alura Une are each of those respectively (Though I'm not sure if Serio will actualy make the plant element, if not she'll just do physical damage), though they are special inputs and not sub weapons, so Dmitrii will have them by default.

Also, on harder difficulties (on the boss version) shouldn't his entire moveset, save a few moves, be the element he copies? I remember suggesting something along the lines of that...

He needs to have a default moveset, otherwise he'll be even worse than he was in DoS, so the 3 elements he can copy, plus his default moves, which would be the special inputs of the player version.

I think all 3 elements should be really dangerous, to make the player basicaly choose between not using them and basicaly have a part of the moveset cut out, or play it safe and give him nothing while possibly losing good moves, plus I think you suggested to give boss Dmitrii resistance to the element he copies too.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2017, 03:52:17 PM »
(Continuation of the discussion in here: http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=344.msg15124;topicseen#msg15124)

Still, Michelle has the highest possibility for a complete moveset, since her movements are described thoroughly in the light novel (bowgun, silver bullets, Danesti acrobatics). Curtis, on the other hand, is just a human Death (Death possessed him to defeat Orlok), with a holy whip and some wind moves though, so he could be a playable character (also his appearance is loosely described as well, wearing glasses, clothes similar to that of Julius, but a slight touch of modernity.

Does Michelle use a rope or something? I get the feeling she did, to move around and stuff, but that could just be my memory being shitty, but anyways, if she did, we'd have a lot of possibilities for how her movement could work, think of something like Spider-Man or Spencer in MvC.

Acrobatics can be adapted by giving her a backflip or the double dash Leon/Trevor/Hector/Isaac will have, if the rope thing isn't there, maybe she could have the double super jump thing I had suggested for Grant.

Bowgun and silver daggers, I guess we can get creative with those, though besides an explosive bowgun, can't think of much, maybe she could throw daggers upwards as an special input, they go up then down, also adapt a special power if the silver daggers have any.

As for Curtis, I don't really like the idea of Death possessing him, would rather he wasn't possessed, the wind powers thing could be adapted to make him be more about the wind element than sub weapons to separate them from the other whips users.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
Does Michelle use a rope or something? I get the feeling she did, to move around and stuff, but that could just be my memory being shitty, but anyways, if she did, we'd have a lot of possibilities for how her movement could work, think of something like Spider-Man or Spencer in MvC.

Acrobatics can be adapted by giving her a backflip or the double dash Leon/Trevor/Hector/Isaac will have, if the rope thing isn't there, maybe she could have the double super jump thing I had suggested for Grant.

Bowgun and silver daggers, I guess we can get creative with those, though besides an explosive bowgun, can't think of much, maybe she could throw daggers upwards as an special input, they go up then down, also adapt a special power if the silver daggers have any.

At some point, she was mentioned of using a rope to jump to a chandelier with ease, so maybe that can be her Y or maybe even her C, so it's not an offensive command (or maybe her super jump, but that would cause weird situations, like grapling the sky). I also thought about giving her Johny's spinning art from PoR, but I'm not sure whether that would be fitting for a Danesti or something. I assume she would have all three then, slide, drop kick, backflip?

How about homing daggers like the ones from CotM?

As for Curtis, I don't really like the idea of Death possessing him, would rather he wasn't possessed, the wind powers thing could be adapted to make him be more about the wind element than sub weapons to separate them from the other whips users.

And then he has the holy whip (which the wikia states it has the same name as the CotM's DSS), so maybe his ff+A/C deals only slightly extra damage, but heals him like Yoko's amount, so 10%? One move could be him slashing the immediate area around him, like a one hit valmanway, A forward, C arced slightly above. Also, since he's a student of Julius, should he have a less effective version of his up,qcf+A/C, as in less distance?

Forgot to add, the only hint for spriting Curtis is the mention that he wears glasses.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 04:52:49 PM by Anonymous »

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2017, 05:26:32 PM »
At some point, she was mentioned of using a rope to jump to a chandelier with ease, so maybe that can be her Y or maybe even her C, so it's not an offensive command (or maybe her super jump, but that would cause weird situations, like grapling the sky).

Using the rope as movement I mean something more like Spider-Man in MvC, he can shoot his web at the corners of a stage and pull himself in that direction, can also use it to go downwards, but that would just be a shittier divekick, though, with Michelle it should only work when she hits a wall or ceiling, and that can be easy enough to adapt since we have the wall and ceiling clings mechanic.

The options I think she could have could be to throw/shoot the rope into the ceiling or walls, when it hits a wall she'll pull the rope and go to that wall's direction, throwing upwards makers her go to the ceiling, it could also have infinite range, so you always hit a wall or ceiling if available, but, the further away they are, the longer it takes, and she'll be vulnerable for longer too, the rope could also work as a projectile and be possible to be destroyed, with all of those weaknesses, and how obviously inferior it is compared to flight and air dashes, she could be ivulnerable when the rope hits a wall/ceiling and she's being pulled in that direction.

Also, I don't think she should have wall or ceiling cling, just to be able to use those ropes for movement should be good enough.

Maybe like Spider-Man she could move forward if you use the "ceiling rope", because just going upwards doesn't sound all that useful.

I also thought about giving her Johny's spinning art from PoR, but I'm not sure whether that would be fitting for a Danesti or something.

I don't know what that is, so I can't say anything about it, lol.

I assume she would have all three then, slide, drop kick, backflip?

Yeah, would be fitting for her.

How about homing daggers like the ones from CotM?

Would work, specialy considering that it was suggested to give Simon the Silver Daggers and to make them track too.

And then he has the holy whip (which the wikia states it has the same name as the CotM's DSS), so maybe his ff+A/C deals only slightly extra damage, but heals him like Yoko's amount, so 10%? One move could be him slashing the immediate area around him, like a one hit valmanway, A forward, C arced slightly above. Also, since he's a student of Julius, should he have a less effective version of his up,qcf+A/C, as in less distance?

Holy whip only really means it deals holy damage, not exactly that it heals him, but I don't think that would be problematic to give to him, other attacks sound good.

Maybe he could have the up,qcf attack from Julius and be less flexible, like not being about to use it in the air.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 05:45:36 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2017, 03:02:17 AM »
The options I think she could have could be to throw/shoot the rope into the ceiling or walls, when it hits a wall she'll pull the rope and go to that wall's direction, throwing upwards makers her go to the ceiling, it could also have infinite range, so you always hit a wall or ceiling if available, but, the further away they are, the longer it takes, and she'll be vulnerable for longer too, the rope could also work as a projectile and be possible to be destroyed, with all of those weaknesses, and how obviously inferior it is compared to flight and air dashes, she could be ivulnerable when the rope hits a wall/ceiling and she's being pulled in that direction.

Would be interesting to see that, though not sure if MUGEN can have coding like this. Really pushing the limits of the code here

I don't know what that is, so I can't say anything about it, lol.

Basically CV4 Simon's slide/roll in the game animation-wise, with longer distance and uses MP.

Anyways, before I forget for about several days, I found a set of videos with a steady camera (yay) recording Vampire Hunter in CV Arcade, and saw moments where he does something like a "critical", from the usual 500 dmg suddenly above 1500. Maybe that can be his ff+A/C, no flames, just physical, deals more damage than the usual ff commands of other whip users, while using more MP and no increase in range as well.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2017, 11:42:26 AM »
Would be interesting to see that, though not sure if MUGEN can have coding like this. Really pushing the limits of the code here

I don't see why it wouldn't be, it'd be basicaly be an invincible dash in which is activated under the condition of touching a wall or ceiling, if that can't be used, then just make her like Spider-Man and make the rope touch invisible platforms.

Basically CV4 Simon's slide/roll in the game animation-wise, with longer distance and uses MP.

I don't see a problem with that since it's just another form of movement, which fits Danesti since it's using a movement where they move their body instead of a dash like Juste's.

Anyways, before I forget for about several days, I found a set of videos with a steady camera (yay) recording Vampire Hunter in CV Arcade, and saw moments where he does something like a "critical", from the usual 500 dmg suddenly above 1500. Maybe that can be his ff+A/C, no flames, just physical, deals more damage than the usual ff commands of other whip users, while using more MP and no increase in range as well.

So basicaly like a more damaging version of Serious Jonathan's f,f attack? That's fine, edited that in.

Offline RetroNutcase

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #111 on: January 25, 2017, 04:32:21 AM »
This seems like the best spot since it's discussing character moves. I was wondering if anyone else was bugged by something. Specifically, the inputs for two of Juste's attacks.

His Up QCF+A and QCF+A feel like they should be reversed, if only because the current Up QCF (A dashing punch) would be better as a combo move than the QCF he currently has (The bouncing fireball).

Any chance we could ever see these inputs swapped? Up QCFs are borderline impossible to execute in a basic combo (IE, attack, crouch attack). I could see the Up QCF being more combo friendly if Juste had a launching uppercut akin to Richter (Who can use his Up QCF post uppercut pretty darn effectively in VS matchups). Up QCF always feels more appropriate for less combo friendly utility attacks as it is, so Juste's dash punch being an up QCF vs the bouncing fireball seems...Odd.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #112 on: January 25, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
This seems like the best spot since it's discussing character moves. I was wondering if anyone else was bugged by something. Specifically, the inputs for two of Juste's attacks.

His Up QCF+A and QCF+A feel like they should be reversed, if only because the current Up QCF (A dashing punch) would be better as a combo move than the QCF he currently has (The bouncing fireball).

Any chance we could ever see these inputs swapped? Up QCFs are borderline impossible to execute in a basic combo (IE, attack, crouch attack). I could see the Up QCF being more combo friendly if Juste had a launching uppercut akin to Richter (Who can use his Up QCF post uppercut pretty darn effectively in VS matchups). Up QCF always feels more appropriate for less combo friendly utility attacks as it is, so Juste's dash punch being an up QCF vs the bouncing fireball seems...Odd.

Not borderline impossible.

In Darkstalkers 3, when playing as Lilith or Morrigan (And I think Morrigan could do it two in the previous 2 games), players have to do a pretty difficult combo, crouching Heavy Punch into Darkness Illusion, the input for that is Light Punch, Light Punch, Forward, Light Kick, Heavy Punch, top players can do the Crounching Heavy Punch into that consistently enough, hell once I've even seen one doing a Medium Kick into Darkness Illusion, that's even more difficult because Medium Kick is a faster normal.

By comparison, the input you have to do with Juste is crouching normal into up, quarter circle forward + attack, I was able to combo that without much problem here, it's all about getting the muscle memory, try to make parts of the input before the whip hits, not after, and press the attack button after it hits, you should also practice to make the up,qcf input as fast as you can, and be able to do that combo is a nice way to practice.

On VS battles you're more likely going to do standing attack into crouching attack into f,f attack anyways, much easier and does more damage, also can be backdash canceled earlier, so Just can pressure more.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #113 on: July 20, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »
Added Christopher and Desmond to the list.

Where was that list of playable characters in CV again? I can always try to write it for everyone else, I know I used that list to have the idea for "Arcade Trio" (Really need a better name) to begin with...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 02:32:20 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #114 on: July 20, 2017, 02:16:56 AM »
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1436.msg14676#msg14676

This the one you meant? Keep in mind though that not all playable characters in the CV universe will be added,unless they can be adapted well and be unique (examples would be the more obscure characters from pachislots like Angela or Victoria something).

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #115 on: July 20, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1436.msg14676#msg14676

This the one you meant? Keep in mind though that not all playable characters in the CV universe will be added,unless they can be adapted well and be unique (examples would be the more obscure characters from pachislots like Angela or Victoria something).

Yeah, I found it a while after I made the comment.

I had forgotten to list Henry there.

So of those characters I listed previously, the ones I don't have listed here are, Reinhardt, Cornell, Pumpkin, LoS Belmonts (Trevor, Simon and Alucard, first two I did think of ways to separate them though), Aeon, Carmilla, John, Henry and Erics.

I know that I wrote John's moveset somewhere, and Adult Eric's would be the same-ish with a different item crash, and a different super jump, and kid Eric was already done by Vedora and I just wrote how each move would work, I can probably separate LoS Simon and Los Trevor enough from each other, and LoS Alucard I'd need to see a video with his moveset from LoS2 to write anything (He definitely should not use his MoF moveset, separating Trevor and Simon would be hard enough, though he could have some non-whip moves from that game), Pumpkin has the same whip moves as Leon but he has less sub weapons options, so that could be used to write his moves, Cornell I wrote about in the sprite thread by giving his Judgement moves, Reinhardt and Henry would be a pain in the ass to make a moveset since they're even more empty than Simon (I did make some suggestions here and there for both, never a full moveset though), Carmilla and Aeon, I would prefer to know what is their playstyle in Judgement before writing anything (I just know Aeon is a chargeable character, no idea what kind of charge), same for Golem if we consider him too.

And honestly, I don't even expect all of the characters I make movesets for to be added, I just have fun imagining and writing the possibilities, getting those characters to become playable would be a nice bonus.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 03:05:05 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #116 on: July 20, 2017, 06:00:49 AM »
Pumpkin most likely won't be added, aside from as a joke character. Aeon I can only imagine having the blue laser, the revolving blades and time stop (not literal)  as being chargeable. Also pretty sure Carmilla won't be added as a playable character, but that's if Laura is still being worked on.

Aeon's moveset is probably the most possible, he has several chargeable moves, multiple combo attacks, and according to gameplay videos I've seen, he has something like a shield with his clock blade.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:30:12 PM by Anonymous »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #117 on: July 20, 2017, 12:57:13 PM »
Vjaya looks like the only one which does magic damage though, and what other elemental damage could it do besides magic?

Vjaya is a lightning weapon. From the in-game description: "A legendary sword created from one of Indra's thunderbolts."

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #118 on: July 20, 2017, 01:32:27 PM »
Vjaya is a lightning weapon. From the in-game description: "A legendary sword created from one of Indra's thunderbolts."

With Vjaya doing magical lightning damage and lightning hammer physical lightning, Desmond could have difficulties against bosses and characters with resistance to electrical lol.

Also, should reflect, well reflect from only one side like in OoS?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #119 on: July 20, 2017, 04:15:30 PM »
Pumpkin most likely won't be added, aside from as a joke character. Aeon I can only imagine having the blue laser, the revolving blades and time stop (not literal)  as being chargeable. Also pretty sure Carmilla won't be added as a playable character, but that's if Laura is still being worked on.

Aeon's moveset is probably the most possible, he has several chargeable moves, multiple combo attacks, and according to gameplay videos I've seen, he has something like a shield with his clock blade.

Problem is that I wasn't able to find a full moveset for him, I should try to search more, but I somehow think that youtube videos won't have everything.

Now that I think of it, Vjaya is a weapon in AoS, so Desmond's version could be made like it, fast, two hits, less range than the f,f attack, and to separate it from Lightning Hammer, Lightning Hammer could do more hits, more damage and be slower, the bigger hitbox would help to separate them too.

With Vjaya doing magical lightning damage and lightning hammer physical lightning, Desmond could have difficulties against bosses and characters with resistance to electrical lol.

Only The Creature is immune to thunder damage, everyone else, never noticed any high defense against it, and of the playable characters, just some few characters have high resistance to thunder, and those are usualy the same characters who have high defenses against other elements anyway.

Also, should reflect, well reflect from only one side like in OoS?

Yeah, added that to clear it up, also added the Y buttons I had forgotten to add in the movelists for Christopher and Desmond.

general forums