December 11, 2017, 11:16:46 AM

Author Topic: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions  (Read 6390 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Lukmendes\' movelist suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »
For me,i would prefer rapier,not many CV character use rapier beside stella (i know she using sword,but she use it for stabbing anyway)

Yeah, I think Donoffrio is making his sprites with a rapier, it's the second best choice since Isaac will be using the other sword.

Does anyone know what is the other weapon Hector is supposed to use? I think I saw Donoffrio's sprites, though I'm not sure if it was either a big sword or a big axe.

Anyway, I wrote Leon's and Joachim's movesets suggestions, and wrote a very partial moveset for Hector, only one weapon and one ID, later I'll write more IDs, but the other weapon, better to have confirmation on which one he'll use before I write.

Offline Medlin

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
Re: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2016, 07:41:25 PM »
IIRC it was bullova. UPD Indeed: http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=344.msg9295#msg9295
I think Hector can use knuckles and/or other weapons as special moves. Also, he could glide like adult Maria.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 10:15:09 PM by Medlin »

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 08:18:01 PM »
Does anyone know what is the other weapon Hector is supposed to use? I think I saw Donoffrio's sprites, though I'm not sure if it was either a big sword or a big axe.
Maybe force glove or estoc,or laser blade
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2016, 09:08:08 PM »
IIRC it was bullova.

Weird choice, it's the weakest of the big axes, has less attacks too, but I guess it could get the others attacks.

I think Hector can use knuckles and/or other weapons as special moves. Also, he could glide like adult Maria.

Well, I can see that happening by giving him those inputs which he doesn't use when the ID isn't out, which would give him the advantage of not summoning Tiramisu, but, the thing is, that Hector never had an advantage to not have an ID out, he was always worst without it, well, here there will be situations where he'll be worse with other IDs who aren't Tiramisu, but I'm still not sure about this...

And if Hector gets extra inputs by not having IDs out, so should Isaac.

He should only glide with the bird ID out.

Maybe force glove or estoc,or laser blade

We can't choose so freely, since Donoffrio is already working on him for a long time, he also shouldn't use Laser Blade or Chauves Souris since Isaac already uses them by default, should also avoid spears and that type of sword because of that.

If a rapier and bullova are the weapons Donoffrio chose, then the moveset should be made around those two.

Post Merge: March 11, 2016, 09:09:14 PM
Edit: So, I finished the moveset suggestion for Hector, and wrote one for Isaac, and added the Y button suggestion for Trevor, had forgotten to put it there.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2016, 09:46:11 PM »
So, I made some changes on the lists, Gabriel, his "normal" form up,qcf attack would be better not being chargeable, and the second hit could be a separated air move, Rhea and Rebecca, added the Y buttons I suggested (Rebecca gets a speed buff in some attacks, Rhea gains a block button), a forward dash, and some differences on their b,d,f moves (Rebecca's makes her stay in the air, which she could try to make herself safe by stringing it with another move, Rhea would always finish it in the ground), and added the cross as one of his sub weapons (Which I just forgot to put it there, it'd be the same as the regular cross), and added the detail of Leon's dagger f,f attack going through everything.

Also, I've been thinking, maybe some of Trevor's whips could be removed? I suggested all of them because I want him to have as much of his CoD moves as possible, but maybe him having normals with 6 different elements could be too much, so in case it is, maybe the ones which could be removed could be the ones Leon has, which means ice, thunder and fire, so Trevor would be able to keep holy, dark and wind whips.

And, one thing I forgot to mention, the movesets for Leon, Gabriel, Dracul, Hector and Isaac, I wrote them while thinking on how they could maintain as many moves as possible, which is why they got such a big moveset, doesn't necessarily means they need to have all of them (It's up to the spriter anyway), of course, they could be more fun by having a big moveset where everything is useful (Kind of like Juste's, where almost everything is useful), but they could be fun with less moves too.

Edit: So, I had an idea for Gabriel and Dracul's MP recovery, and potentialy the other LoS Belmonts too, how about they don't get MP back like the other characters? The other characters get MP back by standing still, moving around, hitting something with a normal, or holding up, LoS characters have to stay still and get the orbs to get their MP back for their magics, though I don't think the orbs could be used, but in CVF, they could get MP back only by holding up, that way, just like in those games, they'd need to stand still and making that pose for a bit to get MP back, of course, with them working like that, they'd need to get the MP recovery as soon as you press up, to not make it be only worse than everyone else's MP recovery, perhaps they could need that for the hearts too, and reaching 100 hearts makes the up MP recovery faster. This would be a double edged knife, they would basicaly never run out of MP against a boss like Dracula for example, but against more agressive bosses like Richter, Medusa or Cyclops, they'd need to choose the right situation to hold up.

Leon could have a bit "unusual" MP recovery too, for him to recover a lot of MP when you do a perfect guard, but his MP recovery outside of that could be below average, since getting MP in Loi was a pain in the ass (He actualy didn't get MP back by himself like the Metroidvania characters, it was actualy only possible to get MP via the rare MP recovery items, Perfect Guard on attacks, or blocking the purple attacks, if he were to get MP back only via items or Perfect Guarding, then he'd need to recover a lot when you do a Perfect Guard).
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 09:54:39 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 02:08:09 PM »
Leon could have a bit "unusual" MP recovery too, for him to recover a lot of MP when you do a perfect guard, but his MP recovery outside of that could be below average, since getting MP in Loi was a pain in the ass (He actualy didn't get MP back by himself like the Metroidvania characters, it was actualy only possible to get MP via the rare MP recovery items, Perfect Guard on attacks, or blocking the purple attacks, if he were to get MP back only via items or Perfect Guarding, then he'd need to recover a lot when you do a Perfect Guard).
Thats would be extremely punishing for starter,although it seems nice idea

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 02:17:18 PM »
Thats would be extremely punishing for starter,although it seems nice idea

Well, to be fair, the way Leon is being planned, he's going to be a hard character anyway, with the backdash being worse than everyone else's, having Carrie-like jumps and focusing more on the perfect guards, it's kind of how he worked in Loi (There was also how most of his normals either were slow or had terrible recovery, but I don't really think that should be adapted).

He should still get MP normaly though, specialy on VS which the opponent may not be so predictable, but getting a lot of MP back with Perfect Guards was one of the main things in Loi (Specialy on Crazy mode), and with his worst movement, doing Perfect Guards could be a bigger focus.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 04:09:16 PM »
Well, to be fair, the way Leon is being planned, he's going to be a hard character anyway, with the backdash being worse than everyone else's, having Carrie-like jumps and focusing more on the perfect guards, it's kind of how he worked in Loi (There was also how most of his normals either were slow or had terrible recovery, but I don't really think that should be adapted).

He should still get MP normaly though, specialy on VS which the opponent may not be so predictable, but getting a lot of MP back with Perfect Guards was one of the main things in Loi (Specialy on Crazy mode), and with his worst movement, doing Perfect Guards could be a bigger focus.
I think leon will come out as defensive type character because have bad jump and backdash,added his slow running speed
Anyway,is joachim still worked on or not

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »
I think leon will come out as defensive type character because have bad jump and backdash,added his slow running speed
Anyway,is joachim still worked on or not

His running speed shouldn't be slow, since he could run pretty fast with the Wolf's foot relic.

And, yeah, obviously he'll be more to the deffensive side, it's how he worked, he should also hit like a truck with his whip though, since it's also kind of how he worked.

And I don't even know if anyone was ever working on Joachim, so, yeah, might take a while for him to be added, if he ever will be.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2016, 05:59:37 PM »
His running speed shouldn't be slow, since he could run pretty fast with the Wolf's foot relic.

And, yeah, obviously he'll be more to the deffensive side, it's how he worked, he should also hit like a truck with his whip though, since it's also kind of how he worked.

And I don't even know if anyone was ever working on Joachim, so, yeah, might take a while for him to be added, if he ever will be.
By the way,does he have buff? (like montano dark aura)
If yes,which relic he will use black or white bishop?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2016, 08:00:54 PM »
By the way,does he have buff? (like montano dark aura)
If yes,which relic he will use black or white bishop?

Dude, I wrote those things on the first page, lol.

Then again, just because I suggested, doesn't mean they'll be used, that'll be up to the spriter.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2016, 10:53:53 AM »
Sorry,i dont realize it lol
Anyway,the crystal crash is better plane shatter(because we lack item crash that similar to simon)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2016, 12:28:05 PM »
Sorry,i dont realize it lol
Anyway,the crystal crash is better plane shatter(because we lack item crash that similar to simon)

A full screen item crash is generic/boring at this point, better to use as many different moves as possible, Vanish Storm would work like a better Bible item crash anyway, so it wouldn't be problematic.

Besides, with the item crash chosen, Leon would have a lot of options, a full screen item creash isn't really that necessary.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2016, 12:47:30 PM »
Ah,i see

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2016, 12:55:54 PM »

I'm certain that someone was at one point... I just can't remember who, or if they made much progress. So yeah, that wasn't very helpful.