December 11, 2017, 11:18:57 AM

Author Topic: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions  (Read 6391 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Lukmendes' movelist suggestions
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2016, 02:12:13 PM »
I'm certain that someone was at one point... I just can't remember who, or if they made much progress. So yeah, that wasn't very helpful.

Apparently, Vedora-Kingdom and Zman made a sample sprite for him, but it looks like it never went past that.

At the very least, if someone started to work on Joachim, he could be finished soon, he barely moves, doesn't even have an animation to attack with his normals, "walking" and "running" animations would end up being the same, and he could possibly share the same animation for all kinds of jumps.

That reminds me I forgot to put a Y button on his moveset suggestion, could just be flight mode if he's to get one.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2016, 04:19:25 PM »
Apparently, Vedora-Kingdom and Zman made a sample sprite for him, but it looks like it never went past that.

At the very least, if someone started to work on Joachim, he could be finished soon, he barely moves, doesn't even have an animation to attack with his normals, "walking" and "running" animations would end up being the same, and he could possibly share the same animation for all kinds of jumps.

That reminds me I forgot to put a Y button on his moveset suggestion, could just be flight mode if he's to get one.
Joachim is always floating,the only time he ever use one part of his body is when grappling high ledge
If he float in CV fighter,i think low projectile can get past him
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2016, 04:45:40 PM »
Joachim is always floating,the only time he ever use one part of his body is when grappling high ledge
If he float in CV fighter,i think low projectile can get past him

He'd have to float as high as Rusalka to avoid some projectiles, even so, it'll be shit like Frog's water jet, 8-bit Simon's crouching dagger and whatever. Besides, he doesn't have to float that high, just make him float as high as when you activate flight mode with Stella on the ground at most, everything that's supposed to hit will hit, even Frog's crouching attacks, if that's not enough, his feet could have one pixel separating his feet from the ground.

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2016, 08:48:57 PM »
Just wondering, before I go any further on working on future characters, could you make a movelist for player Celia and Gaibon/Slogra? I'll probably work on them next.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2016, 03:27:43 PM »
Just wondering, before I go any further on working on future characters, could you make a movelist for player Celia and Gaibon/Slogra? I'll probably work on them next.

I actualy wrote a moveset suggestion for Slogra months ago, but since I thought that putting him as a playable character was scrapped, I didn't put it here.

Anyway, here it is:

I honestly wonder how Slogra would look like while running, he doesn't move much even when walking, lol.

Edit: Anyway, moveset suggestion I made some days ago:

f,f attack: Slogra's fireball

b,d,f attack: Invincible dash in with Slogra

up,qcf attack: Gaibon lands on the ground and shoots fireballs

qcf attack: Gaibon shoots fireballs while flying, kind of like Hammer' up,qcf attack.

An aternative would be making Slogra's f,f attack be an attack like a generic whip user's f,f attack, with up+A or C making him shoot a fireball.

Normals would be: A, Slogra attacks with his spear, C, Gaibon attacks while tracking the opponent.

No idea what to do for an item crash, best I could come up with is Gaibon turning red and just becoming more damaging for a while, but maybe the item crash could be Gaibon attacking.

Now that I actualy played DoS, I know a bit more about Slogra, and when you get his soul, you get the ability to throw spears, which could be his sub weapon throw, they also hit multiple times, which could be interesting, f,f attack should still be the fireball.

One problem I noticed though, Slogra would suck ass at destroying projectiles, but I think Gaibon itself could solve this, during both the up,qcf attack and the qcf attack, he could have a version of those moves where he uses one of his moves from Curse of Darkness, it's the equivalent of Ripple Laser:

http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Ripple_Laser

Gaibon shoots 5 of those, it was pretty fast, but I think it should be a bit slower in here to have more consistency, the also kept growing, similar to Persephone's A normal, but a bit bigger, could do less damage than the fireballs, while being able to go through shields, maybe not be full screen too.

Y button should just be Gaibon carrying Slogra around while flying, item crash, could be one of Slogra's attacks in Curse of Darkness, that one which terrorized players, where Slogra attacks with his spear (Well, axe in that game), then grabs the player with it, lifts them, and does an absurdly high damaging move, that attack would be more fitting to do unique damage, since this as an item crash would be even more close combat item crash than Master Skeleton's, and the way it could be adapted here is for him to attack with it, then just stand still and keep doing that damage, since grabbing bosses is not an option, he hits 8 times with that attack, and could just use the normal's animation, while also dashing forward a bit to use it.

Also, for his running animation, it could be CoD's as well, since it's the only one he ever had, you can see it for a bit in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EL8luyDzwc 1:34

Could be changed a bit to be less "Jumpy" though, lol.

Now, for Celia:

Then there's the teleport, whatever monsters are decided on, and perhaps this move of Drac's (https://youtu.be/Ylcv3KJl6O0?t=6m5s, 6:05) for an item crash? It kinda looks like something she would do, maybe with that animation where she raises both arms above her head.

Besides that, and her summoning monsters to attack, and using her beam, not much was suggested for her moveset.

Now, I think it'd be better for the monsters themselves to be her sub weapons, up+A summoning them, up+C un-summoning them, similar to the suggestion I made for Hector, but unlike Hector, the monsters would be independant from her once summoned, attacking when they want and when getting hit, they just lose their own HP, and un-summoning the monsters could make her get back some MP, shot upgrades could either make them strong or just let her summon more.

Speaking of which, I changed the suggestion for Hector's summoning IDs, before it was pressing Y+Z, which you'd have to press Y first, then Z to summon the ID, but that would probably be a hassle for Serio to make, and it just looks weird, so I think it'd be better to be similar to the suggestion I made for Celia, but with up+C summoning and un-summoning them, with up+A being the button to use to attack with them.

Anyway, back to Celia, the only attack we ever see her using is a beam, it could be a f,f move, could have two version, a forward one, and an up-forward one, which is what she uses to attack Mina's doppelganger.

She could also have electric attacks, she did make that gigantic barrier when she attacked Soma at the beginning of the game, a barrier attack would be useless, so I guess she could have the move as an up,qcf move, in which either the A or C version attacks in specific stop, with the move being vertical.

She could also have a move like Leon's Agunea as a qcf move, she raises her arm, and thunder comes out of her hand, goes up and forward a little bit, then goes down forward, it shouldn't go too far though, could be backdash and jump cancelable since this move works in a way which makes it need to be active for longer to do the damage, it could also be her best choice as a projectile destroyer.

For the last move, it could be a chargeable b,d,f move which she can use to summon Tin Man, unlike the  other monsters, it could be immortal, goes only forward, and moves slower then it usualy would just so it can hit with it's axe more times.

Her normal, it could be something similar to Ronald's normal, but maybe it could just be destroyed if it hits anything, so it should be a single hit move.

Y button could be her teleportation, work like I suggested for Dario's to work, hold Y then press one of the attack buttons to make her teleport, each button with a fixed distance, unlike Dario, she could use it in the air.

Now, for the monsters themselves she can summon as sub weapons, maybe some of the ones which were suggested for her to summon on her boss fight, maybe just 3 of them would be enough, I don't know which particular ones could be summoned, but the witch would be a decent choice for one of them though, she flies and can zone, which can be pretty good to deal with bosses, the other two could be grounded monsters, one for up close range and another for zoning, though I don't have a particular idea on who to use.

Offline Medlin

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2016, 10:23:38 PM »
I think Slogra could spin its spear to destroy projectiles.
Some ideas for Celia summons: multiple zombies at once (3-6 depends on multiple shots), skeleton archer (shoot several times before expire, multiple shot makes him last longer, might have alternate version to fire faster but weaker and expire faster).

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2016, 11:33:08 PM »
I think Slogra could spin its spear to destroy projectiles.

I'm really against this, already sick of any sort of generic whip user stuff in this game, the same kind of move being conveniently hidden in a different appearance just won't do for me.

The suggestion I made of giving Gaibon a Ripple Laser will be enough if the shockwave is big and not so fast, or if he just throws more than 5.

Some ideas for Celia summons: multiple zombies at once (3-6 depends on multiple shots), skeleton archer (shoot several times before expire, multiple shot makes him last longer, might have alternate version to fire faster but weaker and expire faster).

If Zombies were to be used, then maybe more would be better, since they're usualy slow and weak, so numbers to do damage would be more fitting.

I don't think Celia's summons besides Tin Man (Who's a special input and not a "Sub weapon") should expire, ever, they keep attacking until they're killed, and they could be fragiles too, one hit and they're dead, that way you'd have to carefuly chose when to use them, zombies could waste the least, archers maybe the most (Against some bosses like Great Werewolf, they could end up never being killed, but those are the minority I think), dunno about the witch, she could end up being a boss who'd be able to sty around for a long time against many grounded bosses, but would be easily destroyed against flight bosses, unless her AI is programmed to survive for longer and use that shield.

Another thing, maybe Tin Man could spin it's arms faster while moving at it's usual speed, to make sure it can use the multi hits, maybe it could instead waste a lot of MP and not chargeable, that way she could use it to destroy projectiles.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #37 on: October 07, 2016, 02:53:21 AM »
Urgh, I really should've put Dmitrii here earlier, was a pain in the ass to find the moveset I suggested to him...

Besides him, I put Slogra/Gaibon there, I know they're already in this page, but it's better to leave them on the first page.

Since I'm not the only one writing movesets, I'm adding whoever helps to write a moveset, should've done so earlier, characters who others helped to write the moveset are Dario, Leon, Rebecca/Rhea, Dmitrii, Ronalds, Isaac, Hector if I missed anyone, just post here and I'll write it in the first post.

I'm not putting Celia there yet, I did write most of the moveset, but the monsters she summons are her sub weapons, but the monsters haven't been decided yet (Zombies and archers were suggested by Medlin, and I also suggested the witch), I'm putting them there once they're actualy decided (If those 3 are fine I'll put them there)

Now let's talk about Graham here, it was suggested for that Spinning Dark Inferno which he uses on phase 1 as a boss could be a move for him to use here, but I honestly doubt this could really be useful against non giant bosses because it'd be pretty hard to hit them, so maybe they could move pretty fast to have higher chances of hitting, I also suggested for him to have a teleport where he attacks after the teleport automaticaly with fireballs, it could be faster than the planned teleport for Dracula/Dario/Celia for it to be more effective as an offensive tool.

Not really sure what else to do though, maybe his Y button could be that skull chandelier he uses when he transforms, which keeps following the opponent's position, but you have to press C to use it, and perhaps the chandelier is a "chargeable" familiar, already charging by default, so you don't just mash with it, but it'd need to do pretty high damage to be worth it, and the beam could waste some MP, maybe something like 30~50 (It'll be a familiar active, so it'll drain MP by default, so it can't waste too much) should also have some start up, to make it more dificult to use against movement heavy bosses (Because it just ain't CVF if Richter or Albus aren't screwing you in a way).

He could also have a Dark Inferno similar to Alucard's, but I'd prefer to try to think of diferent moves before giving him something like that.

So with those suggestions, if they are accepted, he'll have two special moves and a Y button, so he needs two more, and an item crash, plus sub weapons (Maybe, sub weapons are more of an extra attack and are not "needed", though they do help to fill a moveset).

So, just decide if Celia should really summon those monsters, and 3 more moves for Graham plus maybe a sub weapon, keep in mind that it's better to give Graham moves to destroy projectiles or avoid them, moves like those are kind of a must.

Also can anyone rip Celia's sprites from DoS? FinnishFlame needs them lol, I think he also needs the Lion's, needs them assembled I mean.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2016, 03:10:32 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #38 on: October 07, 2016, 05:51:55 AM »
I already have the DoS sprites, lol. In terms of character spriting, Celia's pretty much done. I only need the enemy sprites to complete the entire spritesheet.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2016, 03:03:28 PM »
I already have the DoS sprites, lol. In terms of character spriting, Celia's pretty much done. I only need the enemy sprites to complete the entire spritesheet.

If you mean the sprites for the enemies she would summon, then Serio already has zombies and the witch, only one missing would be an archer skeleton, although, from what I can see on his rips, he does have a Crossbow Armor, so maybe that one could be used instead?

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
That would work, i guess.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2016, 05:55:33 PM »
If it's just those 3 she's supposed to summon as her own version of sub weapons, then she's about finished.

What does hes normal look like by the way? I don't remember seeing it.

I think shot upgrades should increase the ammount of Zombies by 2, no upgrades she can use only two, four with double shot, six with triple shot, and eight with quadruple, the way they would work would be doing contact damage, those should waste the least ammount of MP, because contact damage will kill them after a bit (Or just kill immediately), so they would need to hit before dying when contact damage happens.

Crossbow armor, since he's big, shot upgrades could increase his HP, should be able to summon only one too. I honestly haven't played PoR, so I don't know much about him, did he shoot only one arrow? Was he slow? Maybe he could get damage increase with shot upgrades too, the arrow could go through everything.

The Witch, maybe shot upgrades could make her able to shoot more projectiles, maybe it could also increase her flight speed? That way she'd be able to avoid enemies better.

If it's just those 3 then Celia is about done.

Now what about boss Celia? I remember there were enemies who still needed ripping months ago, those were the Lion, Lossoth, Arachine and Necromancer, other monsters like Dryad, Basilisk, Orc and Unicorn were also suggested, but the first two would need new sprites since they're from older games (And in Dryad's case we'd need to decide which version to use, I preffer AoS' since it can attack when you're far from the wall), and the last two would need to be given sprites since they're from 3D games, but anyways, has anyone ripped the sprites of the first 4? Keep in mind the Necromancer is the non boss version, the one who isn't on the website's banner, so it should be the OoE version.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »
Oh, I thought we were talking about boss Celia. Oh well.

Anyhow, Celia's normal is that beam she fires out of her finger. I'll meed to check if the spritesheet is complete though, it's possible i may have missed something.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2016, 06:23:02 PM »
Oh, I thought we were talking about boss Celia. Oh well.

Anyhow, Celia's normal is that beam she fires out of her finger. I'll meed to check if the spritesheet is complete though, it's possible i may have missed something.

I wrote that move as a special input for player Celia though... Her having a full screen instantaneous beam as a normal would be weird, I think it'd be better for it to be a short ranged magic orb doing a single hit, similar to Ronald's normal.

Did you also make her other moves I suggested for player Celia? Or were you talking about boss Celia when you said she was finished?

Reply #34 of this thread is where I wrote the moveset for player Celia, here's Leon's Agunea for reference:

At 5:08

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »
So does anyone has any ideas for player Graham's moveset? I already wrote two special input moves (Teleport+fireballs and spinning dark inferno), plus the Y button, he still needs two more special inputs, an item crash, and maybe sub weapons, I honestly would prefer to not write everything lol.

A sub weapon he could use could be the "fire ghost heads" which I suggested for his boss version to use I guess, and maybe Hellfire and Dark Inferno too (Last two would differ from player Dracula's since, I think player Dracula's is going to be a special input, and work like Judgement's version, which are different from regular hellfire and dark inferno), his elements don't have to stay limited to fire though, he can have others and be excused as magic castle powering him up, though I think it should be kept within powers Dracula used, minus bats and soul steal probably.

general forums