December 12, 2017, 09:46:53 PM

Author Topic: Bosses strats  (Read 939 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Bosses strats
« on: March 03, 2016, 12:51:36 AM »
So, as it was asked some days ago, I'll try to make a thread for bosses strats, those won't cover every single tool all characters have, because it'd be a really big pain in the ass, and I'm already fighting my lazyness just to write this.

What I'll do here is try to explain the bosses' behavior, if there's a way to avoid them to use a specific attack, and, if damage is unavoidable, which way the character can take less damage.

I already made a thread about doing a perfect on bosses, so, the bosses on the "universal" list won't be mentioned here, the ones on the character specific will be eventualy though, since that thread doesn't cover how a character can avoid a specific attack without a specific tool.

As always, Nightmare mode only.

Albus
(click to show/hide)

Orlok
(click to show/hide)

Richter
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 08:45:56 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
Re: Bosses strats
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2016, 08:46:17 PM »
Just posting to let you guys know I wrote some strats for Orlok and Albus.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 11:07:04 AM »
Pls make the stella and remilia one.
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 12:30:26 PM »
Pls make the stella and remilia one.

Remilia is already done, she's on the no damage thread.

Stella, she might be a boss to put on the other thread, she looks like she can be defeated by everyone without taking hits (Really not sure about this though), you'd have to perfectly manipulate her AI though (Like, when she starts using Hurricane, you need to jump the second one just so she's flying high enough for the third one, just so you can avoid her Crescent Moons), that and constantly pay attention to her MP, since the ammount she has changes how many Hurricanes and Crescent Moons she has.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2016, 03:14:00 PM »
alright then

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 06:13:01 AM »
Could you make a boss strat for Brauner? Most of his attacks are easy to avoid, but not sure on how to avoid his painting attack without using an invincible move or item crashes.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 03:50:29 AM »
Could you make a boss strat for Brauner? Most of his attacks are easy to avoid, but not sure on how to avoid his painting attack without using an invincible move or item crashes.

Eh, when I'm not feeling lazy I'll write something, but basicaly to avoid that shit you can control his height, when he's after you for a certain time he'll track your height, so you can use this opportunity to jump so he'll be flying high, and then he'll be after you when flying low, he also bounces on a wall like a rubber ball, you have to keep this in mind, because if you avoid an attack, and he hits a wall and he had a lot of momentum, he'll go after you immediately, though now I don't remember if he'll try to track your position, most likely he will.

You can also use slides if the character has it, since he flies up and down when going after you, so when he goes up you can use a slide and avoid his attack on a similar way you could do with backdashes in the past, though you have to be careful of when he laughs and interrupts his momentum to go after you.

Yes I'm aware I wrote a strat anyway, but this compared to the wall of text I usualy write is pretty whatever, I'm also not sure about a thing or two about this, plus once in a while in my testings I find new shit.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 04:52:35 AM »
Eh, when I'm not feeling lazy I'll write something, but basicaly to avoid that shit you can control his height, when he's after you for a certain time he'll track your height, so you can use this opportunity to jump so he'll be flying high, and then he'll be after you when flying low, he also bounces on a wall like a rubber ball, you have to keep this in mind, because if you avoid an attack, and he hits a wall and he had a lot of momentum, he'll go after you immediately, though now I don't remember if he'll try to track your position, most likely he will.

You can also use slides if the character has it, since he flies up and down when going after you, so when he goes up you can use a slide and avoid his attack on a similar way you could do with backdashes in the past, though you have to be careful of when he laughs and interrupts his momentum to go after you.

Yes I'm aware I wrote a strat anyway, but this compared to the wall of text I usualy write is pretty whatever, I'm also not sure about a thing or two about this, plus once in a while in my testings I find new shit.

That should be enough, the only attack from him which is very threatening/pressuring is just that painting attack and the cyclops head if you're in a poor position, everything else is self-explanatory if you know that backdash has I-Frames.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2016, 05:32:24 PM »
For me,i just wait on ground,then super jump when i hear him laughing (indicating that he charged at my position)