December 12, 2017, 09:48:02 PM

Author Topic: General Suggestions  (Read 82916 times)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #1095 on: July 08, 2017, 06:56:53 PM »
A random thing I've just found (while reading castlevania fanfictions, no less) regarding Yoko's last name. Apparently 'Belandes' is an actual last name and is closer to Belnades than Fernandez. Looking at it this way, it's possible it could have been a typo via translation?

To me this name specifically is quite far from what's displayed in the game. Quite honestly it's irked me, so finding this would hopefully provide an alternative.

All other names, I've done research into - they seem to be perfectly fine the way they have been changed. (Aulin apparently being a type of drug and Lecarde not even seeming to exist at all.)
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #1096 on: July 11, 2017, 11:10:02 PM »
A random thing I've just found (while reading castlevania fanfictions, no less) regarding Yoko's last name. Apparently 'Belandes' is an actual last name and is closer to Belnades than Fernandez. Looking at it this way, it's possible it could have been a typo via translation?

To me this name specifically is quite far from what's displayed in the game. Quite honestly it's irked me, so finding this would hopefully provide an alternative.

All other names, I've done research into - they seem to be perfectly fine the way they have been changed. (Aulin apparently being a type of drug and Lecarde not even seeming to exist at all.)

While Belandes sounds far better, it does seem like Fernandez is the actual proper translation, something about F and B being similar in Japan like L and R I think, though it is still worth considering.

That does remind me that Serio still needs to change Aulin to Orlean, and correct the sisters' last name to Ricardo.