October 19, 2017, 08:02:09 PM

Author Topic: General Suggestions  (Read 79478 times)

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 01:14:57 PM »
Shanoa could always have a wing-flap effect to add to it or something(think Gabriel).

Like Maria's owl superjump?

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline Dracula9

• Diddly dee dee.
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 03:50:48 PM »
Like Maria's owl superjump?

Pretty much. Have the Voltacius wings do a big downward flap like Gabriel's double-jump in Lords. Just something to add more flair, I guess.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 07:13:21 PM »
The Volaticus wings are static frames that are rotated in-game to achieve the flapping effect IIRC. If you want them to actually flap like Gabriel's "holy" jump, that'll require new frames be drawn. :x
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Dracula9

• Diddly dee dee.
  • Respect: +19
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:17:07 PM »
True. But it's not like spriting a fully-assembled sprite of Galamoth from scratch. It'd be only a few frames, and the effect wouldn't even be seen to the end, assuming the superjump initiates the moment the wings flap.

Offline VortexJ

• Improbability Engine
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:23:40 PM »
True. But it's not like spriting a fully-assembled sprite of Galamoth from scratch.

Aren't huge bosses like Gergoth, Menace, or Galamoth just being animated and saved as frames using flash or something? If they have to be re-sprited from scratch, that's a horrifying amount of work. O.o

Offline Donoffrio

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2012, 12:51:58 AM »
The Volaticus wings are static frames that are rotated in-game to achieve the flapping effect IIRC. If you want them to actually flap like Gabriel's "holy" jump, that'll require new frames be drawn. :x

Yeap..they're nothing but rotated purple wing frames attached to her back.. :x
Recycling her first jumping frame will suffice,no?

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2012, 09:31:50 PM »
Aren't huge bosses like Gergoth, Menace, or Galamoth just being animated and saved as frames using flash or something?

Yes. A user, Irrlinchen, was the one who offered to animate the bosses in flash and output those animations as .GIFs. He hasn't shown up in a while, though I'm confident he's lurking and working on something, since I've yet to see the finished Giant Armor from him. :x

Yeap..they're nothing but rotated purple wing frames attached to her back.. :x
Recycling her first jumping frame will suffice,no?

Probably, but since it's a superjump it may be better to draw frames similar to how Albus superjumps for her. The wings will in all likelihood be filtered SFX layered on top of and under Shanoa to make it look like the wings have properly/logically sprouted and flapped, depending on how they're drawn and where Serio decides to bind them on her with code. :/
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Donoffrio

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 05:38:48 AM »
Drawing it shouldn't be a problem for me though.. :P
That being said,you'd like me to at least separate the wing frames too?

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 05:42:37 AM »
That'd probably be a good idea, since the flapping will place the wing so it at least covers the back of her robes (?) during the start of the super jump. :<
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline belmontzar

• I am the very model of a cartoon individual
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:48 PM »
hmm unfortunately my only real suggestion would require a lot of coding or sprite work.  When playing Harmony of Despair I liked seeing the Sub weapons and character get stronger at the same time.  My suggestion would be to have that occur in game. AS stats in game go up, so does the effectiveness of the Sub weapon.  While this is sorta already done with the II and the III blocks, I liked seeing changes like the Cross getting larger or going farther in battle.
Do you think this sort of mechanic could be added in a future game version?
Been having alot of fun playing Harmony of Despair ^^ My PSN: Belmontzar 
Games playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Phantasy start online Blue burst EDEN server, Final fantasy XIII, Pokemon Soul Silver

Offline Frikman

• i'm a llama. hell yeah
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 01:13:00 PM »
But like if you get a "cool" orb catch your strenght goes up, and so does the strenght of the subweapon.

Offline belmontzar

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »
But like if you get a "cool" orb catch your strenght goes up, and so does the strenght of the subweapon.
yeah I know, I was just saying the visual affect would be awesome that's all.  SEEING the weapon change as you play would just be epic. Actual affectiveness remains the same as it is now in game [since it already gets stronger] it would just be a cool visual affect ^_^.  Maybe changing things like making the weapon swing farther or things like Holy water doing a longer spread.
Games playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Phantasy start online Blue burst EDEN server, Final fantasy XIII, Pokemon Soul Silver

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 05:21:03 AM »
These kinds of cosmetic effects wouldn't be hard, but they'd definitely distract from more immediate/urgent stuff. Consider it low priority perhaps? >_>
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline belmontzar

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 04:22:30 AM »
These kinds of cosmetic effects wouldn't be hard, but they'd definitely distract from more immediate/urgent stuff. Consider it low priority perhaps? >_>
yeah good point better to get the Chars and system done before making it all extra shiny and pretty ^_^
I have actually started writting stories lately, maybe I should retry the hugh baldwin story thing id attempted before.. 
-thinks-
or maybe ill just make  a goofy little Castlevania story.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 06:30:51 AM »
I have actually started writting stories lately, maybe I should retry the hugh baldwin story thing id attempted before..

Well you're free to try. I should tell you though that I'm the one "officially" drafting the stories for Nathan/Hugh and Shanoa/Albus last I checked. :P

... That's probably a thread/sticky we need again. >_>
~ Shigeru Miyamoto