December 11, 2017, 11:20:35 AM

Author Topic: General Suggestions  (Read 82881 times)

Offline belmontzar

• I am the very model of a cartoon individual
  • Respect: 0
Re: General Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:57 AM »
Well you're free to try. I should tell you though that I'm the one "officially" drafting the stories for Nathan/Hugh and Shanoa/Albus last I checked. :P

... That's probably a thread/sticky we need again. >_>
Awesome!  Im gonna pull tons of references to games, yet in a way that shows the character doesn't understand them yet.  IT might be a bit long but meh gonna be fun to type, even if its not used for the game. ^_^.
Been having alot of fun playing Harmony of Despair ^^ My PSN: Belmontzar 
Games playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Phantasy start online Blue burst EDEN server, Final fantasy XIII, Pokemon Soul Silver

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2012, 01:11:22 PM »
... That's probably a thread/sticky we need again. >_>

Want me to draw up a template? Obviously it's going to have a lot of blanks since all I know is what you're doing but at least it's a start.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
Want me to draw up a template? Obviously it's going to have a lot of blanks since all I know is what you're doing but at least it's a start.

Don't you know what you're doing? :P

In all honesty, I think it'd be more appropriate for Morrison to make that sticky whenever he's got the spare time to. And I don't think we're in that much of a rush just yet. :x
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2012, 11:39:53 AM »
Whoops. Yeah, that didn't come out right.

Anyways, you're right about that I suppose.

Offline magiciancircle

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 10:03:33 PM »
I have a few suggestions for this game.

1- Has any considered adding Aeon from Judgement even though he isn't canon with the castlevania series.

2- Maybe Cornell can be included as well

3- New boss Loretta and Stella. They act normally like in the game but they have 2 seperate hps. When one of them is dead Stella can do the moves she does when you first fight her in POR and for Loretta maybe resumes her normal moves but maybe include the ice attack when you play as the sisters. The solo sister will get stronger and for hard and Nightmare twists when total HP is less than 50% they both go stronger if you decide to weaken them both.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 10:09:52 PM »
I have a few suggestions for this game.

1- Has any considered adding Aeon from Judgement even though he isn't canon with the castlevania series.

2- Maybe Cornell can be included as well

3- New boss Loretta and Stella. They act normally like in the game but they have 2 seperate hps. When one of them is dead Stella can do the moves she does when you first fight her in POR and for Loretta maybe resumes her normal moves but maybe include the ice attack when you play as the sisters. The solo sister will get stronger and for hard and Nightmare twists when total HP is less than 50% they both go stronger if you decide to weaken them both.

1. Aeon is already part of the story for this game, that's how everyone got into the same place. He may or may not be playable but obviously there's no sprite sheet for him.
2. Cornell may be in eventually, but only if a sprite sheet is made for him.
3. Stella & Loretta are already planned, as bosses and playable.

All of these things have already been discussed extensively.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:12:04 PM by rasgar »

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #36 on: April 06, 2012, 12:13:38 AM »
What Rasgar said..

If you like,you could volunteer to create an Aeon spritesheet of your own.
Just make sure you get everything right(size,colors),then you'll be fine.

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline AngelHalo

• This is not a test. This is here to test you.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2012, 08:49:05 PM »
I have a bit of a suggestion I'd like to offer.

Dracula plays pretty differently after Order of Ecclesia, and those elements are incorporated for his final boss, but I've also been thinking.  If not at least for a survival boss, I'm thinking of having a boss fight where Soma is in his Dracula mode, playing just like his incarnation in Dawn of Sorrow, if not exactly like Dracula's classic fights, complete with that second transformation into the beast.  I was thinking of that on top of my head to serve as a homage to the older Dracula boss fights.  Maybe it'd be too similar, but that's an idea I figured I'd pitch.
WORDS!

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2012, 09:42:33 PM »
I believe a Soma-Dracula is already in the works, although what their plans are for him I don't really know. All I know is that he's a survival mode only boss that you have to fulfill certain conditions to get to.

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2012, 10:42:10 PM »
I have a suggestion for Drac's second form, the monster form. I always found that it was a bit weak compared to the others. Just to make it even harder he could use his CotM giant purple bats
Just to clarify, I mean these ones: http://images.wikia.com/castlevania/images/5/56/Dracula3.gif
He could do one of the following:
A- Spawn them when he begins teleport (they would be quite weak, but would follow the player kind of like the ghosts of lesser demon)
B- Spawn them when he teleports back (they would be weaker versions of the normal bats of Drac's final form, when he charges gigademonic Megiddo. Perhaps it would be better to change it to only 1 bat in easy, 2 normal, 4 hard and 3/4 nightmare, but 2 hits needed.
C- Dark Metamorphosis (he would turn into a horde of bats, just like when his human form casts dark metamorphosis BUT with a few purple bats of doom, which could fly in a different, harder pattern or just follow the player until they are killed.
D- Monster Drac could sometimes turn himself into the giant bat horde surrounding the eyeball and move around (Almost like in CotM)
Also, Monster Drac is a giant behemoth and looks really though, shouldn't he be able to take a bit more damage? (I always kill this form quite fast compared to the other forms) To balance things he could also deal less damage (or maybe not, so Drac would be even harder)
Also also,  are there any plans for using the theme 'Proof of Blood'? Now seriously, I think it's a really powerful song that I think should make it into the game (still it's only a suggestion and if you say no it's ok, I can always quit the sound and start humming it)

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2012, 12:27:19 AM »
All I know is that he's a survival mode only boss that you have to fulfill certain conditions to get to.
It's random; there are no prerequisites at all. Hell, you might even end up facing him first when he gets in.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:41 AM »
All I know is that he's a survival mode only boss that you have to fulfill certain conditions to get to.

Truth be told, we had a discussion on the text board at one point throwing about the idea of presenting Remilia and Somacula as special Nightmare Arcade bosses after Dracula, much like Omega Rugal in KoF 2k2 UM. For now though, they're delegated to Survival-only, and by luck of the draw. ;D
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2012, 08:46:37 AM »
thinking of just dumping the conditions until 1.1 gives some real control over the arcade order, since he constantly breaks them and makes the game screw up.

maybe i'll just turn him into a survival boss or even a regular boss fight sometime before dracula.

i'll have to nerf him since he's even worse than remilia right now, lol.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:25:37 PM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2012, 11:25:01 AM »
Well... Remilia is hard but it's not cheap and if you know well her moves you can perfect her (never done that yet, though). It kind of reminds me of the HARD bosses of OoE. As long as Somacula fights like that it's ok for me (and if he is harder than Dracula, a harder Dracula would do the trick, wouldn't it? Even on Nightmare mode, I find Dracula is hard, but not as hard as some other bosses.

Offline Claimh Solais

• Let me live.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2012, 04:09:22 PM »
1. Aeon is already part of the story for this game, that's how everyone got into the same place. He may or may not be playable but obviously there's no sprite sheet for him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it St. Germain?

general forums