October 19, 2017, 07:58:56 PM

Author Topic: How to use Charlotte's spells beside Ice Needle?  (Read 1284 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: How to use Charlotte's spells beside Ice Needle?
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2016, 02:19:41 PM »
You say this, but the problem is to use it I need to get almost near the boss' face, and I don't feel safe in doing that and then charging up an attack. Perhaps I just don't have good enough skills or I'm too risk averse to use this strategy well. Maybe if you can post a video showing how it works against bosses, it might convince me(yes I know magiciancircle's Charlotte Nightmare playthrough exists but in that I see he takes a lot of unneeded hits throughout the run, so it's not a convincing enough display of how to use her).

You don't get close to a boss to use Raging Fire in most cases, you start to charge it and release it right before the boss gets close and attacks you, then you backdash to be safe, it's not useful against every boss, if it's a boss that you can't get too close for long like Cerberus, Lesser Demon, Carmila, Skull Knight, Albus and others, then chances are that it's either almost useless or really risky to try it, it's just that it's safe and really damaging when you can use it.

Also, only use the level 2 version of it, unlike Ice Needles, the level 1 version of Raging Fire is pretty whatever.

Magiciancircle's playthrough is from a very old version, back when Charlotte was a shitty and boring character, didn't have the summon skeletons, the thunder attack was useless because didn't slow down when it hit something, so if it hit a boss, it would keep advancing, which would probably go through them, and every single sub weapon could not be backdash or jump canceled once you attacked with them, meaning that you really needed to pick the right moment to use them (You still do, but it's far less strict now), and back then Raging fire was only useful against Dracula and maybe Death, everyone else it was worthless.

I can't record videos by the way, can't find a program to record that doesn't expire lol.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 02:25:08 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Dev Anj

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2016, 06:21:52 AM »
I can't record videos by the way, can't find a program to record that doesn't expire lol.

Have you tried OBS? Haven't used it myself, but lots of people recommend it as a good solution for recording videos for free. I guess Bandicam works too if you don't mind having a watermark, I've only used it to record a music piece though.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2016, 02:27:56 PM »
+1
Have you tried OBS? Haven't used it myself, but lots of people recommend it as a good solution for recording videos for free. I guess Bandicam works too if you don't mind having a watermark, I've only used it to record a music piece though.

OBS seems to work, was kind of a bitch to make it record MUGEN (At some tries it only had a black screen), but I was able to use it.

No HD, but eh, at least I don't have to wait too long to upload anything, lol.

Here's a video of a boss fight with Charlotte, I also didn't feel like editing the video so you can see OBS at the beginning lol.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Dev Anj

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2016, 02:42:33 PM »
I am awestruck at the sheer skill you showed off there, and your impeccable timing.  I left a comment on that video, but better to post here too. You've certainly convinced me of how powerful she is in the right hands. Thanks!

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2016, 03:16:22 PM »
I am awestruck at the sheer skill you showed off there, and your impeccable timing.  I left a comment on that video, but better to post here too. You've certainly convinced me of how powerful she is in the right hands. Thanks!

Well, do keep in mind she's a big MP waster, I kinda abused Raging Fire and at the end of the video she had almost no MP left, which could be risky if Great Werewolf didn't die and he used the wolf call attack, meaning she might not be able to use her Speed Up (Summon gunmen can also be used to kill the wolves, but it's riskier), normals and other spells are important to keep her MP in check.

Offline Dev Anj

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2017, 04:10:46 PM »
Sorry to bring up this topic again, but does she have anything particularly good against Aguni? Raging Fire is out of the question, obviously. Ice Needle seems like it would be perfect but actually lining all the needles to hit him is quite tricky. Gale Force and Nightmare don't seem to do enough damage, Tempest does good damage but makes her vulnerable, and only her fast forward lightning seems to be good while keeping her safe, but there aren't many opportunities to use it to deal full damage.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2017, 04:36:59 PM »
Sorry to bring up this topic again, but does she have anything particularly good against Aguni? Raging Fire is out of the question, obviously. Ice Needle seems like it would be perfect but actually lining all the needles to hit him is quite tricky. Gale Force and Nightmare don't seem to do enough damage, Tempest does good damage but makes her vulnerable, and only her fast forward lightning seems to be good while keeping her safe, but there aren't many opportunities to use it to deal full damage.

Gunmen and skeletons do well against aguni, a charged-up speed-up activated in mid-air also does decent damage.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 04:44:54 PM »

Gale Force is by far her best sub weapon spell to use against him, use it when Aguni does the flame breath spell and after he does the dash in attacks, it's better if you're at the corner and he dashed away, but if you're in the middle of the stage, you can always do a crouching Gale Force and use it once he does the last dash.

You can also use Gale Force if you're under him and he's spitting the fire waves, but in situation you might as well use either qcf+C or tempest, qcf+c is the most advisable one.

general forums