December 12, 2017, 09:51:28 PM

Author Topic: HOW CAN WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER!  (Read 1254 times)

Offline Venom Splatter

• Belmont Buddies!!!
  • Respect: 0
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER!
« on: December 18, 2016, 03:36:58 AM »
IF THERE IS ANYTHING IN MY POWER I WILL DO IT! Serio AND ALL CONTRIBUTERS GAVE ME A GAME THAT I ADORE, AND.... I JUST WANNA BE USEFUL IN ANY WAY I CAN EVEN IF I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO SPRITE I WILL DO IT MY GAME CREATION SKILLS ARE NOOBISH! I HAVE BARELY ANY EXP! AND I CAN'T CHEW GUM AND WALK WITHOUT TRIPPING (JK) BUT IF I'M GUIDED TO RIGHT DIRECTION TO LEARN I WILL USE THE SKILLS I AQUIRE TO ASISST YOU IN ANY WAY I CAN!
Which is better Hunter's Whip or Vampire Killer? I know, do you?

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
Re: HOW CAN WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 03:46:08 AM »
I said this in the other thread, so apologies for double posting on the same subject.

Anyhow, I'm fairly sure that there are three/four main departments that need new members, if I have the liberty to organize them that way:

Game Art - The portraits in the game are mediocre at best, not to mention the fact that some characters don't even have portraits. I personally tried to work on this, but nothing really pays off. I can't really color well while drawing normally, and when I sprite portraits, there's too much room for mistakes and it's very time consuming.

Sprites - Another section I've done, it's basically even more time consuming than game art, it's tedious, also, but at least it pays off pretty well.

Story Writing - I've been here, too, lol. Many characters need stories, will all the new characters being added every once in a while. Pretty much, one will need to know everyone's personality and how they would react to different situations.

Bug Reporting - I'm fairly sure this is the main purpose of this site. Pretty much try to break the game and report the glitches. Make sure to use the debug window and take plenty of screenshots.

And then there's critiquing, which is basically stating your opinion on all of the above, and making the result better. Kudos to Lukmendes for this.

Honestly, it gets lonely in this forum, so whatever you pick, good luck. I hope you stick around!
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Venom Splatter

• Belmont Buddies!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 04:03:20 AM »
I said this in the other thread, so apologies for double posting on the same subject.

Anyhow, I'm fairly sure that there are three/four main departments that need new members, if I have the liberty to organize them that way:

Game Art - The portraits in the game are mediocre at best, not to mention the fact that some characters don't even have portraits. I personally tried to work on this, but nothing really pays off. I can't really color well while drawing normally, and when I sprite portraits, there's too much room for mistakes and it's very time consuming.

Sprites - Another section I've done, it's basically even more time consuming than game art, it's tedious, also, but at least it pays off pretty well.

Story Writing - I've been here, too, lol. Many characters need stories, will all the new characters being added every once in a while. Pretty much, one will need to know everyone's personality and how they would react to different situations.

Bug Reporting - I'm fairly sure this is the main purpose of this site. Pretty much try to break the game and report the glitches. Make sure to use the debug window and take plenty of screenshots.

And then there's critiquing, which is basically stating your opinion on all of the above, and making the result better. Kudos to Lukmendes for this.

Honestly, it gets lonely in this forum, so whatever you pick, good luck. I hope you stick around!
All things considered i think i'll try to learn making portraits for the chacters i'm no picasso either, but dmmit if i can do SOMETHING besides cheer from the metaphorical sidelines by god i will! i don't no anything about it but i have plent of paitence better get started on learning thank you

Post Merge: December 18, 2016, 04:25:51 AM
I know what i'll do i will find the portraits of characters from the original
 games improve upon them and post them and see what happens
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 04:25:51 AM by Venom Splatter »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2016, 04:44:49 AM »

Actually, there's an "inofficial" fifth department, which is helping the newer members climb up the difficulty in the game, and that's what Lukmendes also does, besides reporting bugs and suggesting nerfs/buffs for players/bosses. You can see those strategies in these threads

http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1454.0
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1054.0

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 05:22:52 AM »
I know what i'll do i will find the portraits of characters from the original
 games improve upon them and post them and see what happens

If you're making portraits based on the originals that's fine, but just editing the original ones won't do, the reason why this game needs an artist to begin with is that Serio doesn't want the game to have different art styles on the portraits, most games have Ayami as the artist, but then we have generic anime artists from RoB, DoS and PoR.

Not to mention some characters don't have official portraits at all, like Olrox (Though he has in CVF), and they'll need it for dialogues.

Actually, there's an "inofficial" fifth department, which is helping the newer members climb up the difficulty in the game, and that's what Lukmendes also does, besides reporting bugs and suggesting nerfs/buffs for players/bosses. You can see those strategies in these threads

http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1454.0
http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=1054.0

Those strats aren't exactly made for newer members, it's Nightmare difficulty only so you'll need to be experienced to play on that, it's basicaly to just give a push to those who already know how to play, though I guess it can help if they think an attack is unavoidable.

Overall if it was to help newer members then mechanics would need to be explained and whatnot, I don't bother doing so since I already assume the player knows, I don't think I even mention the I-frames on backdashes, which is something most new members will find surprising since only Loi, CoD, OoE (With a specific item) and MoF have invincibility on I-frames.

Offline Venom Splatter

• Belmont Buddies!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 12:44:04 AM »
well shit! that makes sense Lukmendis guess i can't do the potraits i'm strulling trying to use ms paint, maybe i could find another method to help, i'm gonna scower the internet to find other castlevania fans who could help, or just people who want to make a really well made mugen game and refer them to this site. i may not be good at making games, but i gotta do something dammit. i just don't have the capacity yet to make anything, i just got this computer this month as a early christmas gift from my sis. up until not i just played around on consoles and phones. i'm going to keep improving my skills in desining portraits, but i don't think this is something i'll pick up in a week.... huh?:(

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 04:57:19 AM »
I believe it's entirely possible to pick up in a week, just take the original art for reference and duplicate the style. If you'd like to work on Ayami's style, you could use my sprited portraits for reference. I just kind of threw that together, I didn't need much skill.

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 01:54:50 PM »
Ehhh... wait
This topic is giving me a sensation as if the game is dying in some way...
What is happening? if I'm not wrong, I've saw somebody talking about releasing Sprites or so someday, Recruiting people to help in this game,
Is serio losing motivation to make this game? (i'm absent for a very long time, so i dont know noting what is happening here)
We have something ready to release?

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 02:11:32 PM »
Serio is just rather busy right now, but we are getting quite understaffed at this moment.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2016, 02:14:34 PM »
Ehhh... wait
This topic is giving me a sensation as if the game is dying in some way...
What is happening? if I'm not wrong, I've saw somebody talking about releasing Sprites or so someday, Recruiting people to help in this game,
Is serio losing motivation to make this game? (i'm absent for a very long time, so i dont know noting what is happening here)
We have something ready to release?

It's probably just because the title of the thread is in all capital, so it seems more urgent than it actually is, but what VladCT said is true, we're low on people who'll write and judge stories, on people who can sprite and show progress quite frequently, and who can redraw those portraits (while important, the others are quite high in priority).

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2016, 05:17:51 PM »
The forum is on the same "life support" situation as always, it was mentioned for us to try to find staff, but most likely nothing came out from it, I know I'm useless at this since I don't even participate in any CV community besides this one, lol.

So I think for the sake of clarification, if a member is going to try to find more staff, they could just post here to say they're doing so, otherwise we'll just be in that "someone is doing it/going to do it", when actualy no one is doing anything, so we'd never leave this situation.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2016, 10:31:16 PM »
Well, I'm kind of perpetually trying to find new contributors, but a) I'm not on any other forums, b) everyone's pretty much my age, and c) they're not very good at anything by default, which would mean that they'd need heavy training.

That compared with the fact that they might not have much time, I guess it doesn't really count as much. I convinced two people to join the forum previously, but they did not make a single post, as of now.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 03:12:22 AM »
Then there's the problem with those who can't let go of the past, as CVF has gone through a lot of conflicts with countless fanbases and such since the beginning up to the textboard days, like the Chapel of Resonance, the MUGEN community, some members of Castlevania Online (what they call plagiarists), and some random people who can't accept that their ideas were rejected back then (mostly textboard anonymous people). Then again, the chapel has been silent as of late, the MUGEN community is still waiting on 1.1, not sure what CV Online is doing, and so on. Now I've never been active on any of those, but I just lurk a lot there out of curiosity, so I can't do much in recruiting either, since I know no one as well who can sprite consistently.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 11:30:32 AM »
Then there's the problem with those who can't let go of the past, as CVF has gone through a lot of conflicts with countless fanbases and such since the beginning up to the textboard days, like the Chapel of Resonance, the MUGEN community, some members of Castlevania Online (what they call plagiarists), and some random people who can't accept that their ideas were rejected back then (mostly textboard anonymous people). Then again, the chapel has been silent as of late, the MUGEN community is still waiting on 1.1, not sure what CV Online is doing, and so on. Now I've never been active on any of those, but I just lurk a lot there out of curiosity, so I can't do much in recruiting either, since I know no one as well who can sprite consistently.

Meh, those things were from half a decade ago or so, if they're still butthurt about something that long ago, then chances are they're just immature.

If those people can let go of the past, then that's good, if they can't just ignore them, because there's no reason to listen to someone who only talks shit.

What the hell did CVF do to annoy Chapel of Resonance, and more importantly, the MUGEN community anyway? lol

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 01:54:18 PM »
If we get to the point where stories start getting implemented, I can be on hand to help with writing. I have one or two that I finished some time ago that I believe were tentatively approved. Aside from writing stories, I also don't mind proofreading and giving suggestions if necessary.

general forums