October 19, 2017, 07:59:56 PM

Author Topic: HOW CAN WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
Re: HOW CAN WE HELP YOU GUYS WITH CASTLEVANIA FIGHTER!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 02:07:01 PM »
Well, I remember that A decade before all CV fanbases that i've visited had the same kind of people, Very "I'm Superior" ones, that Thought they would have more respect if they throw harsh comments in everything in the forums. It's The same types that yelled a lot because of the IGA's numerous metroidvanias, and after yelled louder because of the LOS series. these guys sucks a lot.

Here in the forums, I remember a case that a guy that was spriting cornell (Theplottwist) received the same type of critiques before, instead of constructive ones like those of Lukmendes, and after a time, the guy said "I'm not good enough to follow the quality of the game". The "detail" is that he's Very good in spriting, MAYBE he gave up the project.

Maybem I'm wrong, but To me, the major problem was that the guys here was so severe and conflicting with everyone that we're alone now.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 02:17:53 PM »
We actually reconciled with ThePlotTwist sometime before he started on Cornell, it's just that he's busy with his Umbra of Sorrow project now.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 03:16:04 PM »
Well, I remember that A decade before all CV fanbases that i've visited had the same kind of people, Very "I'm Superior" ones, that Thought they would have more respect if they throw harsh comments in everything in the forums. It's The same types that yelled a lot because of the IGA's numerous metroidvanias, and after yelled louder because of the LOS series. these guys sucks a lot.

Here in the forums, I remember a case that a guy that was spriting cornell (Theplottwist) received the same type of critiques before, instead of constructive ones like those of Lukmendes, and after a time, the guy said "I'm not good enough to follow the quality of the game". The "detail" is that he's Very good in spriting, MAYBE he gave up the project.

Maybem I'm wrong, but To me, the major problem was that the guys here was so severe and conflicting with everyone that we're alone now.

Those things hardly have one reason for a forum to become more empty.

Time because it's hard for people to stay interested in one thing for that long, sure, we have people like Vampire Savior's/Darkstalkers 3 fans and SF 3rd strike fans who have been playing those games for over a decade, but not everyone does that, I mean, I used to be a Tekken fan, but I lost interest on it, and because of that, I stopped visiting Tekken Zaibatsu, a very big Tekken forum, since I had no more interest in talking about Tekken, it's not unnexpected other people would do the same.

There's also the factor of a change of interests and people start to check out other things (It's how I got in here in fact, lol), or just be working on other things, or both.

There's also the factor that Castlevania is basicaly dead now, that obviously generates less interest in Castlevania, and by consequence it'll generate less interest in CVF.

Then we have the social networks, which also made forums less popular, because of instant replies and seeing funny pictures on the news feed and whatnot.

Then there's also the problem that people who do log in are too quiet (Which, like I said before, it's understandable, but that doesn't meant there aren't consequences to this), I mean, I'm not a really good person to judge aesthetics, I'm slow to notice those things, hell, it took me a long time to notice SotN Maria's freakishly small arms when she's walking and whatnot, and yet, a lot of my posts are me judging FinnishFlame's sprites, and I'm doing because if I don't, from the looks of it at least, hardly anyone else will, I remember when he asked what was wrong with a specific animation, no one replied, so I did, and that's basicaly when I started to judge sprites. Now think, what if I wasn't here? What if he came in here, with time and interest to make sprites for the characters, but no one judged them or even talked about them? It would give the impression that no one is interested, then what? Would he keep trying? Or would he just leave? Because if the latter one happened, then we would lose a very good spriter and maybe not even be aware of it.

Of course, I'm not saying he would leave or that he'd be ignored forever, maybe someone else would take the same attitude I did, maybe that someone else would be even better than me at that, maybe Serio would contact him, maybe FinnishFlame would keep spriting regardless, there are many possibilities to this, but while we have good possibilities, like I said, bad ones as well.

Those things combined, it's not surprising that CVF forums have less people, it's hardly anyone in particular's fault, mostly it's things out of own control after all, asshole members can be dealt with by mods, everything else I mentioned can't, at the very most you can blame Konami, because the series is dying/dead, but they have no reason to give a shit to CVF dying as a consequence.

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 11:04:14 PM »
This, that what i've said, and much more things.
what we should do? any ideas?

err..we have something ready for a next update?

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 12:00:44 AM »
I hope we have enough for a next update. There should be more than enough, but I'm fairly sure serio said they were busy somewhere, so it's likely that it'll be a while.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 12:16:47 AM »
This, that what i've said, and much more things.
what we should do? any ideas?

Like I said before, if we're going to search for staff, a member here should confirm they're doing so, otherwise we'll just say "Someone is doing something/is going to do something", and that will likely lead to nothing.

err..we have something ready for a next update?

Dunno about bosses, but playable characters, Donoffrio is working on John, there's the characters FinnishFlame is working on, but for a next beta, I see only 3 being added at most, unless Serio takes his time to add everyone, that would take a really long time.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 03:57:32 AM »
Yeah, every fan site/forum I've visited has become quite, well, dead, though it did take some time to calm down the outbursts due to the recent castlevania pachinko release. Now, the only posts I've seen are just announcements of fan games/hacks released or something, e. g. CV AoS Genya Arikado hack and so on.

Dunno about bosses, but playable characters, Donoffrio is working on John, there's the characters FinnishFlame is working on, but for a next beta, I see only 3 being added at most, unless Serio takes his time to add everyone, that would take a really long time.

For bosses, sprite-wise, Serio already has sprites for all bosses in the list, except for adramelech, galamoth, and isaac, so we can expect some bosses from that list (most likely the ones whose attacks I assume are simple, but I don't know how the specific coding for bosses works, so I might be wrong).

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2016, 04:22:45 AM »
For bosses, sprite-wise, Serio already has sprites for all bosses in the list, except for adramelech, galamoth, and isaac, so we can expect some bosses from that list (most likely the ones whose attacks I assume are simple, but I don't know how the specific coding for bosses works, so I might be wrong).

It's less about simplicity and more about whether or not Serio feels like working on that boss.

SotN Succubus, like any boss from SotN, is simplistic, and unlike Lesser Demon, I doubt she'd need new moves to be threatening/interesting, when Serio talked about her months ago, he said she's still in a punching bag status. CVF has been out since forever and Serio likely always had her sprites, and, up until that point at least, he didn't work on her at all, he chose to work on other bosses, so basicaly that means that those things seem to be more about a whim he has than anything else, so we can't really predict who'll be added later.

Anyway, I wasn't aware he had sprites for Pazuzu, as far as I'm aware, the last game he showed up was in HoD, so he'd need new sprites, did someone else make sprites for Pazuzu like it was done for Balore?

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2016, 09:00:34 AM »
Anyway, I wasn't aware he had sprites for Pazuzu, as far as I'm aware, the last game he showed up was in HoD, so he'd need new sprites, did someone else make sprites for Pazuzu like it was done for Balore?

I don't think I've openly seen someone announcing that they'll redo sprites from bosses in SotN style or something, besides those who did for Balore, Danathus, other bosses from HoD, Drac's 2nd form, and Carmilla.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2016, 02:07:28 PM »
I don't think I've openly seen someone announcing that they'll redo sprites from bosses in SotN style or something, besides those who did for Balore, Danathus, other bosses from HoD, Drac's 2nd form, and Carmilla.

Now that I think of it, there was a thread where they talked about a fan game, and Serio seemed to know the guy, and said he wanted the Pazuzu from said fangame, maybe it was from there, that's assuming Serio does have Pazuzu though.

Hum... For a while I thought Adramalech would have a slightly bigger  trouble to be adapted, since he's from a Metroidvania without backdashes, I'm watching a video about him, and honestly, he could be adapted well enough, those bubbles he summons would be a decent way to make backdashing more difficult, and the skull attack could cover the entire side he uses it on (So if he uses it from the right side, it wouldn't have a safe spot in the right side like it originaly did), the biggest problem I can see him have to deal with movement would be the super jumps, since it looks like he has nothing that can be used as an anti air, though I guess the blue projectiles can be used for that, the bubbles are also an option, but maybe they are overkill? 'Cause if not done properly, they would make super jumping useless.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2016, 02:26:08 PM »
Now that I think of it, there was a thread where they talked about a fan game, and Serio seemed to know the guy, and said he wanted the Pazuzu from said fangame, maybe it was from there, that's assuming Serio does have Pazuzu though.

This game refers to a lot of fan games lol, usually because many of the forum's members/former members worked on them or because some creators of said games once took part in developing the game in any roles whatsoever, mostly in spriting. In his site, cvrips, he has the sprites of many of the bosses, and Pazuzu is one of them, either serio will polish it him/herself, have someone do it, or just request those from fangames/works which are willing to submit them, or have given up and decided to release their assets, as in the case of Sofia Renard for example.

Hum... For a while I thought Adramalech would have a slightly bigger  trouble to be adapted, since he's from a Metroidvania without backdashes, I'm watching a video about him, and honestly, he could be adapted well enough, those bubbles he summons would be a decent way to make backdashing more difficult, and the skull attack could cover the entire side he uses it on (So if he uses it from the right side, it wouldn't have a safe spot in the right side like it originaly did), the biggest problem I can see him have to deal with movement would be the super jumps, since it looks like he has nothing that can be used as an anti air, though I guess the blue projectiles can be used for that, the bubbles are also an option, but maybe they are overkill? 'Cause if not done properly, they would make super jumping useless.

Name a boss where super jumping isn't useless, there are pretty much none, so this could be something unique for the boss in the game, making the player super jump quite sparingly, more so than when fighting other bosses. I would also suggest certain attacks to be done, so that there are no attacks with the same safe spot, and the player will need to keep in motion, as to prevent the same thing like pre-change Abaddon to happen, where you can avoid two attacks just by crouching in a corner, and the blue flames should be like the fireballs from Wyvern and giant bat, destructible in easy-hard, and not in nightmare (whip users be spinning). And then should the bubbles move like Carmilla's or are they specially going to stay in place as mere obstacles?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #26 on: December 23, 2016, 03:13:51 PM »
This game refers to a lot of fan games lol, usually because many of the forum's members/former members worked on them or because some creators of said games once took part in developing the game in any roles whatsoever, mostly in spriting. In his site, cvrips, he has the sprites of many of the bosses, and Pazuzu is one of them, either serio will polish it him/herself, have someone do it, or just request those from fangames/works which are willing to submit them, or have given up and decided to release their assets, as in the case of Sofia Renard for example.

Isn't the problem with using the original Pazuzu from HoD is that he'd be too small? Obviously the characters from GBA games are going to be smaller, Pazuzu would need to be remade because of that.

Name a boss where super jumping isn't useless, there are pretty much none, so this could be something unique for the boss in the game, making the player super jump quite sparingly, more so than when fighting other bosses. I would also suggest certain attacks to be done, so that there are no attacks with the same safe spot, and the player will need to keep in motion, as to prevent the same thing like pre-change Abaddon to happen, where you can avoid two attacks just by crouching in a corner, and the blue flames should be like the fireballs from Wyvern and giant bat, destructible in easy-hard, and not in nightmare (whip users be spinning). And then should the bubbles move like Carmilla's or are they specially going to stay in place as mere obstacles?

Hum... That's mostly true, though we have bosses who work in a way where super jumping isn't worth using, but isn't useless either lol (Olrox and Draculina are examples of this, Brauner also for most of the fight, but he has that painting attack where he goes after the character, that is the sole situation that super jumping is worth using, and it's more than enough), so I guess it could be cool for Adramalech to counter it completely, or almost completely.

The risk Adramalech has is being a Pre-patch Abaddon 2.0 since the original way he works, he has no way to force you out of the corner, fact that nearly everyone has at the very least decent zoning doesn't help, which is another reason I suggested for the skull attacks be changed to cover one of the corners.

I'm not really sure if his patterns should change too much, the blue fireballs attack working like that is fine, they worked like this originaly, and there's no reason to change that, would make the player pay more attention, the skull attacks I think it should remain the same everytime, since that move would be a "Get out of the corner" kind of thing, unless it changes to counter flight characters, but I don't think it should counter them too hard, flight characters need to have advantages on using flight every once in a while.

I don't think the bubbles should track, them staying still and being a constant hitbox is fine, the blue fireballs are already going to do the job of the tracking projectile part, and maybe make you want to go to the corner, the bubbles would be there to limit your movement, which combined with the skull attacks which are going to force you to move, yeah, we have sadistic options here, lol.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:25:40 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #27 on: December 23, 2016, 09:13:33 PM »
From what Lukmendes said in en earlier post, there is a potential (?) solution. I've noticed that I have the most time out of anyone on this forum, or it seems like it at least. The main thing separating me from everyone else, per se, is the age group. Therefore, I can likely find some contributors, as I have many acquaintances of my age group who are interested in Castlevania on some level, having somehow just found out about it, but I can't really say that they'll have the level of contribution that I have currently.

Not to say that this forum will be completely run by hormone-driven teenagers, but we could probably still maintain an older administration/infrastructure. This would be maintainable, assuming everyone on here is as...well-conducted...as I try to be. The people I know of, however, will need extremely heavy training in spriting and artwork, but they could likely write a story easily, and judge as such.

This is more of a proposal than anything, but it's at least a potential solution.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2016, 09:53:14 PM »
From what Lukmendes said in en earlier post, there is a potential (?) solution. I've noticed that I have the most time out of anyone on this forum, or it seems like it at least. The main thing separating me from everyone else, per se, is the age group. Therefore, I can likely find some contributors, as I have many acquaintances of my age group who are interested in Castlevania on some level, having somehow just found out about it, but I can't really say that they'll have the level of contribution that I have currently.

Not to say that this forum will be completely run by hormone-driven teenagers, but we could probably still maintain an older administration/infrastructure. This would be maintainable, assuming everyone on here is as...well-conducted...as I try to be. The people I know of, however, will need extremely heavy training in spriting and artwork, but they could likely write a story easily, and judge as such.

This is more of a proposal than anything, but it's at least a potential solution.

Well, we shouldn't think of new blood as "He doesn't help as much as X member", just the fact they are helping at all is good, not saying this means we'd accept low quality sprites or portraits, but, if for example, it takes someone a year or two to make a good sprite sheet for a character, that's good, it's helping.

So, go ahead and call them.

general forums