February 24, 2018, 09:38:41 PM

Author Topic: Soma Cruz Broken  (Read 595 times)

Ledah

Soma Cruz Broken
« on: February 05, 2017, 07:57:25 AM »
Hello I just recently downloaded this game again after a long time of not playing. And I noticed, after checking to see if there were any issues, that Soma, for some reason, appears to be Broken. Attempting to play as him just crashes the game. If I need to give more info or screen shots, I will post them later on request.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
Re: Soma Cruz Broken
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 08:58:18 AM »
Please post the error message that pops up when it crashes.

Before that, check if it really is the latest version as this issue was "supposedly" fixed in the last patch or so.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Ledah

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 10:34:28 AM »
Error message:
Error loading storyboard: chars/Soma/
Error parsing triggerall
Error parsing [State *]
Error in [Statedef -1]
Error in command.st
Error loading chars/Soma/Soma.def
Error loading p1

Library error message: Can't access group scenedef
Cutscene error reading ./chars/Soma/
Is what appears in the message that pops up, and I got the 6.18 version as the update link below it in the page only led to a blank/broken page for me.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »
Error message:
Error loading storyboard: chars/Soma/
Error parsing triggerall
Error parsing [State *]
Error in [Statedef -1]
Error in command.st
Error loading chars/Soma/Soma.def
Error loading p1

Library error message: Can't access group scenedef
Cutscene error reading ./chars/Soma/
Is what appears in the message that pops up, and I got the 6.18 version as the update link below it in the page only led to a blank/broken page for me.

Yep, this was the issue reported in 6.18. What wonders me is the fact that the patch link for 6.20 is broken for you, since I can get it running just fine. Probably the page was down at the moment (which means one of many solutions, the page is probably temporarily broken so you should wait, and also restart the browser. In worst case, clear the browser cache, since that's known for causing problems with images and links)

Ledah

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
If I could I'd show you a screenshot of what I'm seeing in there, since I don't know how to I copied a bit of the text that shows up that made me think it's a broken page
|ã?gzHå Yæ7÷?Ã> Ž/·±C åPm^1&¢²¼tç£Ï©­(ž ¦ê»Ý’×Åm®°#rÖ®ƒ[Q+ ¼ˆ‚+™tÍx1ûA©°eé+‚}«. ÁÜÏQ­£]¢Ëju$  \ï 4„–™/'¯bèÕŽ9At_K%9*…ð ‰A¦HÐLY³ ëkFD“9hêOäqe«@²4b"õõ@ªË92ø€"Í:&…Àî‹Ï | ç ‘9WÍq¤»>'ÕzI¯Þù+í$åú«ÏϪ‡ 4k…7pô—Êx«‰¦Z÷¾KËeÇ¢Ä=û3 ^Ò­4ICÜ5V–Ôv|÷5+ý’âÁr»r$É3 =’ÿŒ]‰è!’övL ÐXMž¢­¤;Ï ##•P°\ ¹Xs>Ak‚¡Þ  Þ±1WÐu«»ª–çNNóh$B^ÂÇÌ!ßUm ¿-ð^£Ý1 «YHj ”Éâ3‘œN€mùš;ëÅö›—PÇ XsY?Ù>2ݍXÿƒWÔñ{Uùm|k‡‹dr? ™ˆgí$öþ2áBÙ}ÕÑ›IWãŸÆ¿‘-g͵µÑÞw% bö»$Ãkä–ƒÔ̐ù}w»ähfÚK Õæ/ÔJzÔÝKç8’m;èóûâsì–³Ÿ=ã

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 01:40:41 PM »
ctrl+Print screen for windows xp/windows 7 (ctrl+V on paint afterwards)

alt and print screen for windows 8.1/windows 10 (it will be copied to the clipboard, paste it somewhere afterwards)

shift+command+4 for mac

Also, I can't seem to replicate the problem, clicking on the link works just fine for me.

Ledah

« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 11:19:03 PM »
I just figured it out, it turns out the link doesn't seem to work on my usual browser (Microsoft Edge) but worked fine when I tried to use Google Chrome.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 02:18:06 AM »
I just figured it out, it turns out the link doesn't seem to work on my usual browser (Microsoft Edge) but worked fine when I tried to use Google Chrome.

Right. Problems occur a lot with windows stuff later than windows 7.