October 19, 2017, 07:51:42 PM

Author Topic: Help Needed!  (Read 904 times)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
Help Needed!
« on: February 14, 2017, 05:13:37 PM »
Many active forum members are already very aware of this issue.

I thought I'd make an official post here about needing help on the forum. Considering the number of contributing members are going down, and the number of visiting guests seem to be going up, I figured it could work. Maybe someone could pin this to the top of the thread list as an important topic, but I'm not sure anyone who can do that is active enough. Maybe they can also copy this into the guest holding pen as well.

Anyhow, to put this all in one place, there are numerous parts in which this forum/this game requires much help if it is to survive and remain relevant.

- Spriters (make the in-game art, the characters themselves.)
 - Artists (draw the character profiles.)
 - Story Writers
 - Critics (judge any input with constructive criticism.)
 - Balancers (suggest ways to balance characters and bosses, make sure they aren't overpowered. Also includes suggestions for movesets and such.)
 - Voice Actors
 - Bug Reporters

Don't worry about whether or not you're skilled at whatever you're contributing, we could help. Look at my original sprites, lol.

Please, don't let the forums die!
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 12:14:52 AM by FinnishFlame »
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Help Needed!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2017, 10:30:10 PM »
May sounds redundant to say it, but you should also mention glitch hunters, or just reporting bugs in general, specialy now that I'm not playing the game and Anonymous is reporting less too.

Should also mention that balancing may include bosses, not just playable characters, like if there's a certain exploit with their AI (Like how you could stay in the corner against pre-patch Abbadon, so easy even a retarded monkey could beat him), or an imbalanced moveset (X move is way too good, Y move is way too bad).

Though a thing about balancing is that it's better to have arguments, so we can see why the person thinks something needs to be changed, and that can lead to a discussion to decide whether or not the suggestion is good, or the suggestion can be so good it doesn't need a discussion, basicaly, write a wall of text, lol, though even if the suggestion can be bad (Which even I did once), then it can be averted later, or changed to work properly, so no need to worry too much.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:38:49 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 02:07:41 AM »
If even yesterday the amount (most are lurkers though) is 73, it's safe to say quite many would have read this.

The only people who can sticky threads are mods and serio himself, the latter of which frequently logs in, so we'll see how that'll go.

And to be fair, it's not the game that's dying, as it's getting more popular and (in my perspective) improving, both signs that the game is not dying, but it's the forum instead. (Still hasn't reached the longest inactivity time of one week once, though)

Also, as Lukmendes said, while unfortunate, it's inevitable that older users will at some point move on from the game, as shown how the mods haven't popped up here, except Morrison, who returns here and then ever since he got away from the ninjas. Like Fou-Lu used to be very active in this game, he was said to be one of the earliest users who helped serio in the game, similar case with Cyber. It's as if most of the active users from the textboard became less active after moving to the forum.

Moreover, this game has been made for free, eventually real life will catch up and people will be busy, main reason he's not here or updating that often. I also have less and less time to actually play the game, or even do a full playthrough, and since most of the bugs I report happen accidentally, I won't be able to find many, and thus less reports...

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
I also have less and less time to actually play the game, or even do a full playthrough, and since most of the bugs I report happen accidentally, I won't be able to find many, and thus less reports...

To be fair, I hardly ever actively search for glitches, only really do so when I find a glitch with one character, then try to see if the same glitch or a similar one happens with someone else, when I try to find glitches I usualy get nothing, lol.

What I do to find glitches is pay attention to what's happening during battles or in training mode, then think if it's something that should happen or not, and try out stupid shit once in a while, that's all I do really, and trying out stupid shit made me find some decent strategies too lol.

As for the forum's situation, it's kind of what I said before, real life gets in the way, players lose interest and start playing less and visiting the forums less, Konami not making new CV games lowers the chance of the series getting new games therefore lowers the chance of newer players to find out about it, stuff like that.

Let's also not forget that there are people who simply just play the game and don't talk here, there are recent playthroughs of CVF on youtube from people I doubt they post here, so the situation is basicaly what Anonymous said, it's more to the forum dying than CVF getting less players.

I know I say this a lot, but I can come back to play it, when I get interested in doing so again I will, though I still help with what I can here, I just switched my main thing from bug reporting to balancing the game.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 04:11:56 AM »
nearly all of those guests are search engine crawl bots. they just index the forum.
Dracula was here

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 02:58:51 PM »
I mean, if we're looking at the end of the forums, it might be a good idea to put all those sprites in the game...

Even I have become too busy as of late to work on this kind of thing...

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2017, 05:59:54 PM »
The people here still have some grudge against that Castlevania Dungeon Forums? (If i remember correctly, It's a very old matter dated before the Textborard era) Because if not, Should we make a topic in the Fangames area About Recruitment? I bet that some talented people there dont know us yet.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2017, 07:01:19 PM »
I'm not sure about their attitude towards us, but I'm all for it.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2017, 12:18:24 AM »
IIRC Serio & Jorge have patched things up between them some time ago, so go for it I guess.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2017, 01:27:50 AM »
So, could we designate a single person to do this, so we don't all do it at once? I think something happened like that between Lukmendes and I.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2017, 01:44:09 AM »
I suppose, though I can't do it since I'm pretty busy with college right now.

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2017, 04:14:10 PM »
I like hoW FinnishFlame and Lukmendes write, is verY clear and simple. Any of you guys are interested? Go out! (PLIZ SAY YES)

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2017, 07:15:19 PM »
I could try. I'll go make an account. Hope I don't get caught in a flamewar; I have no experience arguing with anyone, lol.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2017, 10:34:55 PM »
I like hoW FinnishFlame and Lukmendes write, is verY clear and simple. Any of you guys are interested? Go out! (PLIZ SAY YES)

I'm not exactly a people person so I doubt I'd be able to help to bring someone in here.

Well, I see that FinnishFlame made an account in the Castlevania Dungeons forum and posted there asking for help, so I made an account there as well, if I can help with something there I'll try (Answering questions about the game and whatnot), and I'll do my thing in case new members show up here.

Edit: Oh, FinnishFlame you posted on the general discussion board, it'll probably be moved to the fan stuff one, so don't be alarmed in case you don't see it in the general discussion board anymore.

Edit 2: By the way, you forgot to post the link to CVF forums in that post, should add that lol.

Offline FinnishFlame

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2017, 04:47:56 PM »
We've got a few replies - the response seems to be overall good, but for some reason notifications aren't working for me. If this is happening to anyone else it could turn out to be a problem - people would probably stop checking back to the topic.