February 24, 2018, 09:41:56 PM

Author Topic: For God's sake please nerf boss Richter  (Read 103 times)

Beelzebub

For God's sake please nerf boss Richter
« on: January 16, 2018, 12:15:44 AM »
Holy hell. This guy is a hurdle I just can't get over.

Normal mode is too easy. So I bump it up to Hard mode, and everything is just right. Sure, Stella is quite a hassle, but still manageable.

Then...

THEN....

Fucking Richter grinds everything to a screeching halt. The difficulty suddenly spikes tenfold (not an exaggeration). Fighting the bosses leading up to him only costs you a death or two. Fighting him, however, takes dozens of tries to no avail. I can ONLY get past him if I play Maria and spam cats. Everyone else is summarily crushed.

Why is he so much massively stronger than any of the other bosses? Even Death and Dracula are easier to fight than Richter. I've tried implementing the tactics from the Bosses strats thread, but it's ultimately futile.

I'm not crazy, right? Please tell me you guys are having the same experience.

P.S. Sorry just had to vent

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: For God's sake please nerf boss Richter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 02:51:54 AM »
Yeah, Richter is really difficult, Albus as well...

Thing is that you have to avoid his Whip Rush and attack while he's vulnerable, then back away, rinse and repeat, in phase two you have to do that while having a mental timer (About 10 seconds I think) on his item crash and force his AI to not use Grand Cross...

Proper nerfs for Richter is to just tone down his randomness after he uses whip rush, if he corners you, well, you're basicaly fucked, and his heart meter should be visible so players can look at it to not need to have a mental timer, he'd still be really tough, but more manegeable.

general forums