October 19, 2017, 07:51:54 PM

Author Topic: CV Fighter Music Suggestion Thread -V.2-  (Read 10564 times)

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
CV Fighter Music Suggestion Thread -V.2-
« on: July 23, 2012, 04:19:24 AM »
Welp, better start this thread back up since it's been quite a while.
Anyways, I noticed that BelmontVladTepes had started uploading Geoffrey Gunn's The Bloodstained Symphony album, and this caught my eye (or ear? whatever):
Castlevania The Bloodstained Symphony OST: Festival of Condemned Souls (Boss)
Why yes, it's a remix of Followers of Darkness -The First-. Considering that Followers of Darkness -The First- has a part of Abandoned Castle -Curse of Darkness- in it, and this particular remix feels less dark than the original, I suggest that this should be used for Hector (yeah, I know that no one's really started to work on him yet, but hey, I like taking initiatives when it comes to this).
Yeah, I feel that this isn't as strong as the other tracks we've got in this game, but it's pretty much the best thing I got for him so far.

Offline PauloHPBender

• Nah.
  • Respect: +2
Re: CV Fighter Music Suggestion Thread -V.2-
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
Nice suggestion, but i believe it's a bit too technoesque, i donqt know... It looks (or sounds, dunno) like it doesn't fit.
"Impossible! Beaten by a little girl?!"

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
Not my favorite remake of this song, but I think it's the one which fits more for Nathan's theme since the other remixes of this song look too stage-like. What do you think?
Castlevania Circle of the Moon Soundtrack (Fan Made): Awake

Also, right now I'm re-composing Dance of Sadness out of a midi which I obtained HERE:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/ds/index-classic.html

Since there are not many remixes about Dance of Sadness I thought I could give it a try myself. Should I post my results here or should I first to look for the author (someone called TITO OLMEDO) in order to ask him for permission? The final result should be exactly the PoR song with higher quality instruments.
I basically edit and compose by ear and other than that I don't know much more about music so it will take me some time.

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 01:01:25 PM »
"Awake" is an awesome track, however, there are few remixes of it that really feels like "Boss Fight". I Believe we are going to have trouble with this theme and Harmony of Dissonance themes.

Also, bash all you want but, this is one of my all time favorite tracks:

Nick Konstantinidis - Gaze up at the Darkness (Castlevania PoR Cover)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:13:28 PM by Undead »

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2012, 04:30:24 PM »
Perfect! I vote that video above for sisters theme, then.

Offline ErikFurudo

• What do you think, everyone?
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 01:51:30 PM »
Also, right now I'm re-composing Dance of Sadness out of a midi which I obtained HERE:
http://www.vgmusic.com/music/console/nintendo/ds/index-classic.html

Since there are not many remixes about Dance of Sadness I thought I could give it a try myself. Should I post my results here or should I first to look for the author (someone called TITO OLMEDO) in order to ask him for permission? The final result should be exactly the PoR song with higher quality instruments.
I basically edit and compose by ear and other than that I don't know much more about music so it will take me some time.

Have you ever heard of ndssndext? Otherwise look into it or PM me, but it helps a lot with getting accurate midis for PoR, DoS, and OoE. And also, I've only heard a few remixes of Dance of Sadness, but they usually are absolutely astounding, and I feel the sisters deserve nothing less.

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 10:35:35 PM »
I'll check it out, then. By the way, could you post some of the remixes of Dance of Sadness? (Post just the best or use "spoilers" if you feel that it'll take too much space) I can find only a few and some of them feel very incomplete. (Jorge D. Fuentes made a neat one, though, still, I know his portraits can no longer be used for this game but I'm not sure about his music)

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2012, 08:20:13 AM »
Dance of Sadness
Guys, what about the official arrangement? Did it suddenly not exist to you guys?
You know, we should be focusing on characters who don't have battle remixes of their respective themes (that Serio or CyberDragon would accept), like Juste for example.

Offline ErikFurudo

• What do you think, everyone?
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:22 PM »
I'll check it out, then. By the way, could you post some of the remixes of Dance of Sadness? (Post just the best or use "spoilers" if you feel that it'll take too much space)

??? Castlevania arrange? medley ????????????????

Skip to the 00:46 point, and yes, this is the guy that did the hour long anniversary tribute as well. There was another video that I had liked, but it seems to no longer exist?? Same thing happened with Ghostly Theatre on piano actually... But you should look into that program...like now. It's secondary purpose is to give fangasms, I promise. :)

Regarding character themes to stay on topic, I think that Circle of the Moon's arrangement of "Aquarius" should be given to Yoko so that "Mad Forest" can be given to Sypha in the future. I say Cirle of the Moon's arrangment becuase it has an extension which I'm still upset Harmony of Despair never used.

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 12:48:46 PM »
ErikFurudo, that remix is actually pretty good for the sisters, I hope it can be converted into a loop.

But guys, what about Olrox? He still uses Brauner's theme. What about 'Banquet of Madness' for him?
CASTLEVANIA -PORTRAIT OF RUIN- DISC -2- ARRANGED 32 Banquet of Madness
get it? BANQUET hurr durr

Offline IceWolf

• Reality Compromised
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
not really sure about this one, it feels too harsh, too brutal for orlox, at least for his first form. I'd see this fitting his 2nd form though.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2012, 11:47:26 PM »
Welp, better start this thread back up since it's been quite a while.
Anyways, I noticed that BelmontVladTepes had started uploading Geoffrey Gunn's The Bloodstained Symphony album, and this caught my eye (or ear? whatever):
Why yes, it's a remix of Followers of Darkness -The First-. Considering that Followers of Darkness -The First- has a part of Abandoned Castle -Curse of Darkness- in it, and this particular remix feels less dark than the original, I suggest that this should be used for Hector (yeah, I know that no one's really started to work on him yet, but hey, I like taking initiatives when it comes to this).
Yeah, I feel that this isn't as strong as the other tracks we've got in this game, but it's pretty much the best thing I got for him so far.

Well, better than my idea of doubling Isaac's boss theme for Hector. :P

Guys, what about the official arrangement? Did it suddenly not exist to you guys?

The official arrangements are usually hit or miss though; compare chiptune Piercing Silence with its arrangement for example (thank goodness for HD's version... yes, I said that). >_>

ErikFurudo, that remix is actually pretty good for the sisters, I hope it can be converted into a loop.

But guys, what about Olrox? He still uses Brauner's theme. What about 'Banquet of Madness' for him?
get it? BANQUET hurr durr

Banquet of Madness sounds more like an alternative for Player Dracula, in the event that everyone finds Order of the Demon too intimidating (?) for a player controlled character for some reason. :/

PS: Just posting a link from YouTube will automagically make it into a viewable window, no need to mess with the tags and whatnot. :]
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2012, 11:47:49 AM »
Question about music:
Could every character have different themes for the ending or would that make the game too "heavy"?

By the way? Will this game have  Vampire Killer and Bloody Tears in?
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 12:02:24 PM by Malphas »

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 12:35:24 PM »
it's possible, but yeah that'll make the game get even bigger, load even longer and use up even more ram.

if i get a mugen that can dynamically stream music from outside, that won't be a problem, but well, that's probably still years away if it'll even happen at all. it took them over a year since they started work on 1.1 and it's still not released.
Dracula was here

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 05:53:22 AM »
Question: will Jiang shi have the normal version of Dissonant Courage? What do you think about this version with more eastern instruments? Castlevania: Order Of Ecclesia - Jiang Shi Battle - remix (Dissonant Courage)