December 12, 2017, 09:48:15 PM

Author Topic: Game Soundtrack  (Read 19639 times)

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Game Soundtrack
« on: March 23, 2012, 04:29:08 AM »
+2
Accurate for version: 0.6.01

In order to help the people (including myself) who often wonder what a certain character's theme is, I went through and made a list of all the themes in the game to the best of my ability. Note that this is NOT intended to be a music suggestion/request thread. If you can help out by filling in any of the blanks, please do so - thanks!

Mod Edit: A hyperlink under "song name" links directly to the song specified (for download, etc). A hyperlink under "source" links to the entire album.

Playable Characters

(click to show/hide)

Bosses

(click to show/hide)

Miscellaneous

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 11:39:59 PM by (yber])ragon10]{ »

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
Re: Game Soundtrack
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2012, 05:57:35 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the translated official title of Remilia's theme in the OST "The Beautiful Scarlet Lord of the Castle"? Also, I believe the translation for Reimu's theme is "Shrine Maiden of Heaven and Earth" and Hanz's theme is "S -Sparda Battle 2-" from Devil May Cry.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:10:29 AM »
... Hanz's theme is "S -Sparda Battle 2-" from Devil May Cry.

You are correct, good sir. :]

Serio and I are quite impressed by this, rasgar. This thread gets stickied, and you get my applause. We've already taken the liberty of editing missing stuff for clarity. ;D
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
Yeah,great idea for making this,Rasgar! :P
Saves us the trouble of answering questions..

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2012, 12:01:01 PM »
Serio and I are quite impressed by this, rasgar. This thread gets stickied, and you get my applause. We've already taken the liberty of editing missing stuff for clarity. ;D

Glad to help out :)

I actually didn't know you could directly edit my post, that's pretty cool. Saves me the trouble of looking for new posts and updating mine. Thanks!

Offline AngelHalo

• This is not a test. This is here to test you.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2012, 07:06:20 AM »
Good to know I can refer to this thread instead of asking a 1,000 questions.  Thanks.  :)
WORDS!

Offline GentlemanAeon

• I'm a LADY. Lady Loretta
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2012, 02:16:18 AM »
Holy crap, you must have done alot of work and searched through alot to finish this. Good job! :)
Get your own signature, this ones taken.

Offline belmontzar

• I am the very model of a cartoon individual
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 09:32:02 PM »
oh awesome! Thank you so much for getting this done! Only hard part is really the Whip Rush sound track.  Has anyone found clues for that thing yet?  X_X driving me nuts..
Been having alot of fun playing Harmony of Despair ^^ My PSN: Belmontzar 
Games playing Castlevania: Harmony of Despair, Phantasy start online Blue burst EDEN server, Final fantasy XIII, Pokemon Soul Silver

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 09:39:35 PM »
I once found links to Japanese file sharing programs like Share and Winny, but I've never been able to get them to work. The WhipRush albums remain as elusive as ever. :x
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 06:30:39 AM »
those 2 links are long dead anyway. the programs are sort of like jap version of a torrent, meaning they didn't have any people with the files anyway.
Dracula was here

Offline greenfactio

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 07:31:06 PM »
Ive never liked torrents. If you try to download an old file it never works. BTW every time you click download and cancel it, it automatically puts the file in your computer. Which means there nothing in the file but it still takes up the space. WTH

Offline AngelHalo

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 02:37:12 AM »
Well, for a while now, I collected all the music from here and put it in my own playlist on my iPod and Winamp.  Good thing too.  A couple of weeks ago, I was stuck in traffic due to two trailers smashing into each other I guess.  In the morning, on the road for three hours when it should take only 20 minutes.  Alternate routes blocked, and the other alternate route I took was a wrong turn out of town and ended up missing my first class at campus.

The good news?  I had Castlevania music on me.  :P

What does this have to do with this topic?  Nothing.  Nothing except me having all the songs on my iPod, ready to go when I go and sharing my appreciation to rasgar that my car trip that one day did not become a total disaster, thanks to the magic that is this track list.  Thank you.  ^^
WORDS!

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 03:09:52 AM »
Heh heh, you're welcome. Music makes everything better, I can say that from experience. I'm so glad I have a job that lets me wear headphones all day.

Offline NightsOwl

• Richter>Simon>Everyone>Julius
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 03:20:26 AM »
Well, for a while now, I collected all the music from here and put it in my own playlist on my iPod and Winamp.  Good thing too.  A couple of weeks ago, I was stuck in traffic due to two trailers smashing into each other I guess.  In the morning, on the road for three hours when it should take only 20 minutes.  Alternate routes blocked, and the other alternate route I took was a wrong turn out of town and ended up missing my first class at campus.

The good news?  I had Castlevania music on me.  :P

What does this have to do with this topic?  Nothing.  Nothing except me having all the songs on my iPod, ready to go when I go and sharing my appreciation to rasgar that my car trip that one day did not become a total disaster, thanks to the magic that is this track list.  Thank you.  ^^
Could you by any chance, put that all in a rar and upload it to mediafire? =P

Offline AngelHalo

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 05:14:33 AM »
Gimme a moment.  Things to note though.
-Julius' theme is exactly from the link provided, the TGMagus remastered.
-The version of the Big Battle theme I put in is a metal remix I found on youtube some time ago, but it sounds very closely like what is heard in the game.
-I don't quite feel the action with the arranged versions of the Portrait of Ruin music.  Doesn't do it for me, so I use the original music as heard exactly from the game.  Piercing Silence and Esquisse of Violence retain their Harmony of Despair renditions.
-Some tracks will loop twice, some will loop once.  They're from different sources, so that's to keep in mind.
-A lot of these tracks have sections you probably didn't hear from the game, which is done to maintain a consistent loop (or so I'm under the assumption of).  In this case, you'll have the full versions of all tracks.
-I arranged them in order of appearance of the following: Title + Character select screens -> Bosses in order of relevant appearance (based on experience) down to the player-character bosses (Richter, Albus, etc), to Death and Dracula. -> Stage Clear themes -> Game Over -> Player Character themes (no repeats). -> Survival Results.
-Quality and amplification may vary.  I tried to grab the best quality tracks I can grab my hands on.  If you find better, point em to me, please.

Also, couple of things, if you could answer please.  What's the theme for the difficulty selection?  Any objections?
WORDS!