December 12, 2017, 09:43:04 PM

Author Topic: Game Soundtrack  (Read 19638 times)

Offline AngelHalo

• This is not a test. This is here to test you.
  • Respect: +1
Re: Game Soundtrack
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2012, 06:42:41 AM »
+1
BAM!
Took the time to number em and apply appropriate labels.
pw: ThisisaPassworDXD9@
WORDS!

Offline NightsOwl

• Richter>Simon>Everyone>Julius
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 08:41:58 PM »
Thank you very much. I enjoy a lot of the music in this, and I'm too lazy to go download them all individually. So you saved me the hassle.

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
  • My eyes can see everything.
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 07:24:35 PM »
Look at this:

BadAss: Boss Themes, An OC ReMix Album (Trailer)

So, OC Remix released much time ago an album remixing the main theme of bosses from video games, and fortunatelly, one of them is a fast paced, action oriented theme named "Dracula". It has bits of major bosses of the series (Including Castlevania II Dracula himself) and a very prominent "Festival of Servants" remix thrown in.

Well, I don't know if some of the themes appearing are loopable if cut apart from the rest of the song, but it sure as hell is worth giving a shot at. The album is free to download here:

http://badass.ocremix.org/

If this was already discussed, please disregard me altogether and throw Mario Kart banana peels at my face at will X)

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
Also, on the Pachislot II, there is a track named "Grave of Discipline";

It sounds AMAZING for character intros or speeches which feature Aeon or Germain prominently. The music is slow paced, soothing, and has clockwork tic-tacs!!

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 03:45:41 PM »
yeah, this track is pretty good, and even fits the previous, prologue scrolling text track i'm using now.
Dracula was here

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2012, 12:47:26 PM »
Is it just me, or does the current version of Evil Invitation have some parts of Malphas' arrangement mixed in?

Offline mystery3686

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2012, 09:42:21 AM »
I ran across this Into the Dark Night dual mix the other day. It's basically the DS version mixed with the HoD version.

I think it'll be a good replacement for the DS ost we have right now.

Castlevania: Into The Dark Night Dual Mix

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2012, 09:46:25 AM »
that's what i'm using already though. it's probably not that noticable ingame because of shitty sound quality, but i mixed some of those tracks already. lol
Dracula was here

Offline mystery3686

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2012, 01:30:56 PM »
oh, what do you know.

How hard do you have to compress the file? I'm thinking about using it myself, but it'll be pointless if the compressed version sounds just like the DS one.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2012, 08:14:32 PM »
there's no compression at all, it's all uncompressed wavs only. mugen can't do anything else for its sound effects.

i have to save them as 11 khz 8 bit mono to make them all fit into memory, and not bloat the filesize into gigabytes.
Dracula was here

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 01:26:05 PM »
Serio, have you considered using "Sanctus Demonica's Battle Theme" as Dracula's second form's theme...? This song is also from a DMC (DMC 4), yet I find it much more... Uber... Than Mundus' theme. It's just a suggestion. It's gotten lots of Organs and choirs in it, and it sounds more like "Hero against Ultimate Evil", I'd say.

Edit: Just correcting myself. The theme mentioned is for one of the battles against the Savior, and not Sanctus Demonica.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 11:08:03 PM by (yber])ragon10]{ »

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2012, 11:11:13 PM »
You mean this one? :x

Devil May Cry 4 OST - Power Of Destroyer (The Savior Battle)

Not nearly as frenetic, though I'm honestly biased in favor of Mundus' theme though, so nyeh. :P
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 07:33:28 PM »
I can't listen to it but, as far as I know, in-game the song I'm talking about is never played. o.o

I mean... There is a much less frenetic, "stage version" playing while you fight the Savior with Dante, but while skimming through the files of the game on my pc, I did find a much more dramatic, frenetic, version of it. It has a quicker pace, lotta organs (the "stage version" seems to have none) and is generally terrifying. Is it possible that the game iself uses filters to make the song slower, organ-less (like it does on pause menu)?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:55:01 AM by (yber])ragon10]{ »

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #28 on: December 12, 2012, 12:57:00 AM »
I can't listen to it but, as far as I know, in-game the song I'm talking about is never played. o.o

I mean... There is a much less frenetic, "stage version" playing while you fight the Savior with Dante, but while skimming through the files of the game on my pc, I did find a much more dramatic, frenetic, version of it. It has a quicker pace, lotta organs (the "stage version" seems to have none) and is generally terrifying. Is it possible that the game iself uses filters to make the song slower, organ-less (like it does on pause menu)?

Doubtful. What I linked was the Dante/Savior fight with the stone man trying to slap you to death while you play hopscotch and go about cracking his jewels. :/

What's the file name of the one you're looking at on your PC? It may be up at Galbadia Hotel, or uploaded on YouTube already. :T
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 01:35:47 AM »
The song u posted, according to your description, is exactly the one that I hear when fighting him on PC. The incorrect. The filename is "bt020.sngw" (just an OGG in disguise).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:03:21 AM by (yber])ragon10]{ »

general forums