December 12, 2017, 09:53:46 PM

Author Topic: Sprites submission thread. Available/Taken work.  (Read 81689 times)

Offline Magic Nitro

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +3
Re: Sprites submission thread. Available/Taken work.
« Reply #870 on: October 10, 2017, 08:13:35 AM »
+1
Thanks around here guys
It would help if you made gifs to see how the animation looks, though the sprites themselves are looking fine.

My memory fails me now, I'll check out later if she's missing anything, but kid Maria doesn't have a forward dash, and I doubt DXC Maria should have it because with it, she'll just become a superior version of RoB Maria, unless RoB were to get it too, but that would need Serio's approval first.

Yeah, i tried some of these custom sprites if necessary can be used as addition on her gameplay.

Also here are some gifs. I already made them before i finished the progress.

Yea thats the only character i had for now. Ill be planning for the next progress on the future :)

Offline Miguel

• Respect: +1
« Reply #871 on: October 12, 2017, 02:23:44 PM »
F*cking astonishing quality work.

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #872 on: November 04, 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
Thanks around here guys
Yeah, i tried some of these custom sprites if necessary can be used as addition on her gameplay.

Yea thats the only character i had for now. Ill be planning for the next progress on the future :)

Welcome!

Pretty Nice work there, glad you came around!
Not much action going on lately, however im sure onde a hefty amount of content is done a full upgrade comes along. Especially new/reworked bosses and characters.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #873 on: November 19, 2017, 07:22:31 PM »
Thanks around here guys

Over a month to reply, but they look pretty good, one thing that I noticed though, is that RoB Maria has only two attack frames and no recovery, yours' has four attack frames and one of recovery, the guardian's knuckle too, but that move already has a significant ammount of recovery, don't think increasing that would be a good idea, anyways that can be significant gameplay-wise, to make DXC Maria slightly sloppier while have that forward that and maybe a bit more damage to compensate, maybe the other sub weapons could have damage increase instead of increasing the ammount that she can throw too, or could be done the easy way and make everything the same.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 07:29:02 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #874 on: November 19, 2017, 08:13:57 PM »
there's a problem with the maria sprite sheet. her sprites are sharing one color with the background color, so when the background's removed the sprites are full of holes.
Dracula was here

Offline Slogra

• Help me God
  • Respect: +5
    • Skype - Drameloch
« Reply #875 on: November 24, 2017, 12:49:34 AM »
Well I was thinking to show this in another post but I think this is the right place.

Dont remember if I showed this before but like I say before if this help here you have some moves I make

(click to show/hide)

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #876 on: November 24, 2017, 02:06:31 PM »
Well I was thinking to show this in another post but I think this is the right place.

Dont remember if I showed this before but like I say before if this help here you have some moves I make

(click to show/hide)

It's truly unfortunate that serio and the other mods (who will hopefully return in this or the next 100 fullmoons) are against adding Victor Belmont because not gonna lie, those animations of his look really sick.

I also see that you sprited Desmond with his animations pretty much the same as those in OoS, not to say there's anything wrong with that though. This means basically if serio will add Desmond (I don't see why not, he has a lot to differentiate from other whip users), and if the moveset Lukmendes suggested were to be used, then he's pretty much done.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #877 on: November 24, 2017, 02:53:27 PM »
Thing is that Victor is just that guy you fight once and then he dies, he's like Soleiyu with a personality, so it's understandable why they wouldn't want him to be added, add to the fact he has only one move to set himself apart from Gabriel...

Now, I'm not saying I'm against Victor being added, just that we should focus on Gabriel first, and the other Belmonds second, Victor last, I may think of something to separate him from Gabriel and the others though, the "combo" where he hits the whip in the ground and fire waves go forward, plus, while it's for gameplay reasons since he's a boss, he's the slowest LoS Belmont, so maybe his normals should all be slow but powerful, so we have those to start with something, I'll see if I play LoS2 again to see what else can be done.

Offline Slogra

• Help me God
  • Respect: +5
    • Skype - Drameloch
« Reply #878 on: November 24, 2017, 09:27:24 PM »
I also see that you sprited Desmond with his animations pretty much the same as those in OoS, not to say there's anything wrong with that though. This means basically if serio will add Desmond (I don't see why not, he has a lot to differentiate from other whip users), and if the moveset Lukmendes suggested were to be used, then he's pretty much done.

Well stil I think need fix for the heavy weapons animation, perhaps use a two hand move, fix the idle & Lukmendes say the item crash.

Thing is that Victor is just that guy you fight once and then he dies, he's like Soleiyu with a personality, so it's understandable why they wouldn't want him to be added, add to the fact he has only one move to set himself apart from Gabriel...

yeah im aware of that, thats why I think this can help in ideas for Gabriel.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #879 on: November 25, 2017, 12:43:05 AM »
Well stil I think need fix for the heavy weapons animation, perhaps use a two hand move, fix the idle & Lukmendes say the item crash.

A two hand move could be him attacking with the bigger swords, like that big orange sword.

yeah im aware of that, thats why I think this can help in ideas for Gabriel.

I already wrote a moveset for Gabriel though, and transfering the few exclusive moves Victor has to Gabriel would just make it less likely for Victor to be added.

From what I can see what Victor has that I didn't write for Gabriel is that light magic holy water, which gives him that barrier (Although, I did write that for Dracul, but they're pretty different characters), so Victor could have that, the chargeable punch, that whip spin, and the fire wave, if the holy water's barrier is a sub weapon, then he only lacks one special input, he's lacking anti airs, while not really needed (Persephone has the worst anti airs in the game and her only "bad" matchup is Draculina), it's good to keep in mind.

He could also have the sub weapons Trevor used in MoF, which would give him 4 instead of 2.

general forums