October 19, 2017, 08:02:27 PM

Author Topic: Rasgar's character thread  (Read 10840 times)

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Re: Rasgar's character thread
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 05:58:29 AM »
Alright, I'm more or less done with the Rhea translation and I added it to the zip in the first post. Couldn't find the item/equipment names, but I think most of the important stuff translated OK. If people would test this out for me and let me know how it is, that would be great. One major problem is that I seem to have broken the main menu somehow and the graphics for the options aren't showing for some reason. However, you should be fine if you just push 5/enter/whatever to confirm without pushing left or right, and it will start the game.

Also, if you decide to play this, could you let me know somewhere on the board once you get through the intro? I'm confused about some points of the story, and I'd like some people to bounce ideas off of.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 02:00:24 AM »
Another update - added two more characters to the thread, Moran and Spear Guard.

Offline hellwolf7

• too lazy to write
  • Respect: -49
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 02:15:16 AM »
Another update - added two more characters to the thread, Moran and Spear Guard.
[/quote
i love your works,any chance to see them in game anytime soon?

Offline Frikman

• i'm a llama. hell yeah
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »
Oh boy is this Moran guy. I always thought he was a bit more like Soma than Alucard but heh.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 04:20:59 PM »
I think Moran has some obvious Alucard edits too, like his turnaround animation.
Also for Spear Guard's Crash, maybe he could summon some giant spears that go up the screen, kinda like one of Nathan's DSS moves that didn't make it into this game (forgot which combination exactly though).

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 06:43:06 PM »
Oh boy is this Moran guy. I always thought he was a bit more like Soma than Alucard but heh.
I think Moran has some obvious Alucard edits too, like his turnaround animation.

He certainly has a more similar appearance to Soma than to Alucard, but many of his animations and abilities are taken right from Al (except for the wolf-head thing, totally Soma's). The turn and attack animations are extremely similar to Al's, and the death animation is exactly the same. However, those animations of him falling down, as well as his crouch and a few other things are definitely taken from Kale.

Also for Spear Guard's Crash, maybe he could summon some giant spears that go up the screen, kinda like one of Nathan's DSS moves that didn't make it into this game (forgot which combination exactly though).

I'd totally forgotten about that. It's been way too long since I last played CotM, I forgot about a lot of the awesome abilities. I will adjust his moveset accordingly, thank you for the suggestion.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2013, 06:40:04 AM »
Hah, nice. Chinese Soma Cruz! :D

Apollo + Golem. :]

Apollo + Unicorn is a holy javelin rain too, if that's an idea worth playing around with. :T
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »
Update again, I've taken down the no-effect sheets in order to make room for accompanying sheets, such as weapons and spells (Moran's stuff is forthcoming, been busy with other things). I figure most people really don't care about/need to see those, and whoever actually needs them (Serio or Cyber, I imagine) probably already has them by now. I've also started to use the third post for stage ideas.

Apollo + Unicorn is a holy javelin rain too, if that's an idea worth playing around with. :T

Having looked up that combo on Youtube (I never actually got the Unicorn in-game), I can't decide which would be better for him. I like the ground spears, but the rain would let him deal elemental damage.

I may just put both of them on the movelist, and leave it up to whoever has the final say (Serio?) to eliminate one or the other (or neither).

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2013, 03:24:30 AM »
Moran's weapons added, spells will be around eventually. I also made a minor update to his main sheet to show an example of attack sprites.

EDIT: Spells are up now.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:25:06 AM by rasgar »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »
Another update, and also a question for the people who like to play these cellphone games.

First off, I've added a stage for Kale.

Also, since I'm pretty much done with all the sprite ripping I need to do, I'll probably work on translating. Does anyone have a preference on which game I work on next (James, Rebecca, or Moran)?

Offline Pasta

• Hikari are!
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:28 AM »
James if you don't mind
"Let there be light"

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2013, 06:01:56 AM »
James if you don't mind

James's game, Vampire Hunter, is now ready. I have added it to the zip in the first post. Let me know if anything is incoherent or hard to understand.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2013, 02:05:17 AM »
Minor update, I had a new idea that might help the moves be better understood. I've made gameplay videos to show the move lists for Royce, Kale, and Rhea.

Let me know if this is of any use, and if I should make ones for James and Moran.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2013, 04:47:21 AM »
You know, I just noticed that Royce has a different swinging animation for the rapier spells that don't seem to be in your sheets. I think there was a sheet of it along with a franken-sprited crouching variation in the old boards though, does anyone still have that?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 04:54:30 AM by VladCT »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2013, 05:21:18 AM »
You know, I just noticed that Royce has a different swinging animation for the rapier spells that don't seem to be in your sheets. I think there was a sheet of it along with a franken-sprited crouching variation in the old boards though, does anyone still have that?

Wow. I feel so incredibly stupid that I never noticed that animation...

I know exactly what sheet you're talking about, it was by Frikman. I even found the exact post from the text board, but I can't get it because all the images from the text board are gone (obviously the thumbnail won't do me any good). I guess our only hope is for Frikman to repost it, or someone like Cyber who kept archives of everyone's rips and stuff.

general forums