December 11, 2017, 11:18:01 AM

Author Topic: Rasgar's character thread  (Read 11074 times)

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
  • Respect: +21
Re: Rasgar's character thread
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2013, 07:29:54 AM »
All bets are on either Serio archiving the stuff from the text board, or Frikman reposting it, 'cause there was only so much from the text board that I felt was worth holding on to back then. :/
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2013, 08:21:17 AM »
give me the filename and i'll try to recover it. i need to know what to look for.
Dracula was here

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 01:12:41 PM »
give me the filename and i'll try to recover it. i need to know what to look for.

It was "Dude v3.PNG".

Offline Frikman

• i'm a llama. hell yeah
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 01:52:01 PM »
Damn, I feel kinda useful. I saved copies of most of the board stuff as it was posted, so if you're ever looking for something ask me and I'll see if I have it.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 02:36:36 PM »
Damn, I feel kinda useful. I saved copies of most of the board stuff as it was posted, so if you're ever looking for something ask me and I'll see if I have it.

Ah, that's it. Thanks so much! Would you mind if I added parts of this to my initial post?

On kind of an unrelated note, I've been sort of working on my own sprites. As I mentioned before, Moran's sprites are very similar to Kale's, and even their raw tile sheets are broken up into individual body parts in the exact same way. Moran has a slide, and Kale does not. So I've been working on a slide animation by pasting chunks of Kale's raw tiles over Moran's slide. Does this look any good? Any criticism is welcome.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
The front arm looks a tad awkward. It needs a little editing to make it look more natural, especially the shoulder pad.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 02:50:51 PM by VladCT »

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:25 PM »
Edited how? Is it the positioning? I'm fairly new to this, so I don't really know what I'm doing.

He does legitimately have really huge shoulder pads, by the way.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »
I mean respriting that part itself to look more angled, like Moran's shoulder.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 08:44:19 PM »
Ah, I see. I tried using another shoulder/bicep piece that's a little more angled. How is this?

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2013, 12:42:31 AM »
Better, but it still needs a little touching up to make it look more lined up with his shoulder instead of being completely bent sideways to the front of his body.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2013, 11:36:06 PM »
It doesn't follow the logical curve of his torso; the body either slopes downward towards the right at a -15/-345 angle (?), slopes up slightly at about the same, or is completely parallel, yet the shoulder plate is jutting upwards at almost a 30/45 angle. My advice would be to erase the shoulder plate and just leave the shoulder connection of the jacket before drawing the shoulder plate back in. Or I can do something maybe, after tonight's hockey game is done (work, Canucks vs. Blackhawks). :T
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2013, 03:59:27 PM »
I'll say now that I don't plan to do much editing to it, I'm afraid I'll make it worse. I'm aware there's only so much I can do since I'm working with limited resources.

My advice would be to erase the shoulder plate and just leave the shoulder connection of the jacket before drawing the shoulder plate back in.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but the shoulder and the bicep are one piece in the raw tiles. If I erase the shoulder plate there won't be anything there at all.

Or I can do something maybe, after tonight's hockey game is done (work, Canucks vs. Blackhawks). :T

I know you have other sprite stuff to work on, you don't have to worry about it.

In any case, I have another attempt with a different tile. Is this any better?

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #42 on: February 03, 2013, 02:02:57 AM »
Great, now all it needs is some shrinking, as I'm pretty sure it's not supposed to look that big from that perspective.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

« Reply #43 on: February 03, 2013, 07:17:34 AM »
It still looks too big and awkwardly angled to me. Instead of using tiles, you'd be better suited by redrawing the shoulder/arm at the correct angle (the forearm/gauntlet is fine). That's what I was trying to get at earlier. :P
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2013, 04:52:37 AM »
I think I may try redrawing Kale's shoulder/arm, but I can't promise that anything good will come from it.

On another note, I've added a movelist video for James.

general forums