October 19, 2017, 08:00:47 PM

Author Topic: need move ideas for characters who miss them  (Read 28965 times)

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
need move ideas for characters who miss them
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:44:52 AM »
note: some of the combinations are more specific than others. for example:

D,F,U+attack - should always be an item crash-type attack.
F,F+attack - should be a quick, directed attack.

buffs work better as an alternate mode activated with the special ability button, the one that's used by for example alucard for bat transform mode/dark metamorphosis.

if you played this game, you should know. some characters have full sets of moves like richter, others have next to nothing like yoko or simon.

i'm making this thread here, so that people can pitch their ideas for the characters who still don't have complete movelists.

unused combinations:

carrie:
D,F+attack
B,D,F+attack

julius:
D,F+attack
B,D,F+attack

persephone:
D,F,U+attack

simon:
D,F+attack
U,D,F+attack
B,D,F+attack

skeleton:
D,F+attack

yoko:
D,F+attack
D,F,U+attack

non-cv related extras: (they should probably get some stuff to be more interesting to play as, but can stay as they are since they're just extras/jokes)
ronald:
F,F+attack
D,F+attack
U,D,F+attack
B,D,F+attack
D,F,U+attack
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 03:26:24 AM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
Re: need move ideas for characters who miss them
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 11:08:16 AM »
Frog's DFU: Froggy Raid (summons a boatload of his brethren to trample his enemy, covers the whole ground and Dracula's height, duration is about the same as Hydro Storm, has crash properties, frogs can be killed through attacks like Abaddon's locusts).
Hope that's not too broken (or too much of a ripoff of Prinny Raid). :x

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 11:23:38 AM »
a bigger problem would be how many of them are spawned at once, it'll clog up the engine at once and won't let others spawn their stuff like swords/whips or subweapons. lol

maybe it could be nerfed a bit and used for another move, while for item crash maybe a rain of frogs. the frog graphic would be purely visual, but it'd just replace the regular hydro storm with falling frogs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raining_animals
Dracula was here

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2012, 11:32:34 AM »
Raining frogs? That'd be pretty interesting to see. LOL
As for Froggy Raid, how does a stream of around 9 frogs jumping in a wave pattern sound? Oh, and I'd relegate it to BDF.

Offline magiciancircle

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 12:16:07 PM »
Ok I have many suggestions for each character.

Alucard
D,F-Hellfire or dark inferno
L,D,R-Wolf dash which can be charged
D,F,U- Item crash
U,D,F-dark metamorphosis
Tetra spirit can replace cross item crash

Charlotte
D,F,U- Item crash sort of ish like raging fire turns into salamander or ice needles become cocytus ect.
D,F-the electric attack that is currently used for F,F
F,F-maybe like a a much longer sword or a long spear similar to skeleton
Include spirit of light as a subweapon (If neccesary remove nightmare)

Yoko
L,D,R-Thor's hammer it can be charged for more damage which includes invincibility
D,F- sort of item crash for blue splash which happens 3 times in a row which may alter angle in each cycle can activate while in the air so the icicles go round in 360

Albus-
B,D,F- maybe some rapid shooting

Soma-
D,F,U- Maybe a transformation to his dark side imporving his abilities( Sort of like Hugh DSS ability which allows 2 sub at the same time.)
D,F- Gun shot

Simon and Julius
F,F- critical whip attack

Hugh Baldwin
D,F- Maybe a sword slice that creates a short wave which may induce a knockback effect.

Maria
B,D,F- Flying kick
D,F-multiple doves

So what do you think of those ideas?

« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:36:42 PM by magiciancircle »

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 12:56:24 PM »
for now i expanded hanz's flame whip to also apply to richter (and extended its whipping range like in rondo), and added it to all simons too. cv1 simon got some additions too, so he shouldn't be so gimped on harder modes.

edit: i also added an item crash to him, but i need sprites for that. anyone up for drawing sprites for chronicles simon with his arm up for hydro storm, and then cv4 and cv1 simon with both hydro storm pose and the cross crash pose?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:43:58 PM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 01:46:10 PM »
I think Chronicles Simon could use another special that involves his sword, probably something similar to a small-scale version of Kyo Kusanagi's Orochinagi.

Offline NightsOwl

• Richter>Simon>Everyone>Julius
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 01:54:45 PM »
Marias D,F could be her leap kick from Nocturne.
And her B,D,F could be when she uses her ... (Suzuku? The fire bird thing.) ... (Item Crash? Thing?) from the same game. When she summons her Owl. (Dunno how useful that'd be)

I know you hate Nocturne of the Moonlights Maria, but as of right now, that's all I can think of that would fit.

Especially since I have no originality.

Edit:Though, now that I think about it, couldn't Charlotte's D,F,U be summoning Salamander? Or one of her other bigger spells?

Edit again: On the topic of giving more people moves... why not give certain characters more sub-weapons too? Reimu is seriously lacking in that department. Especially since her Ying Yang orbs are pretty much the McKids that Ronald has.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 02:12:35 PM by NightsOwl »

Offline IceWolf

• Reality Compromised
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2012, 04:39:37 PM »
For the werewolf, how about a buff ? More power, maybe a bit of healing...
Since he's already got projectile, quick attacks and a move against massive opponents, that's what he misses IMO, something that'd let you go berserk for a short time. Maybe it would need an "armor" like boss richter have too.
For hugh, a projectile type move would be good, but since you plan on adding the sisters, maybe it would be too similar to -insert sword sister here-
For Albus, maybe a forward teleport during wich he would turn around and fire 5/6 bullets at the boss/character he teleported trough. Not really original but... Yeah
For Charlotte' DFU, maybe something like CotM's Earth Demon's wave. Sorry i got no links, i'm on my ipod right now. It would hit multiple times, once per spikes. Sorry if I'm not clear.
I'll try and think of something for Hammer too.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2012, 05:09:45 PM »
For Albus, maybe a forward teleport during wich he would turn around and fire 5/6 bullets at the boss/character he teleported trough. Not really original but... Yeah
albus only needs an item crash though, he already has other stuff.

all D,F,U attacks are item crashes.
Dracula was here

Offline IceWolf

• Reality Compromised
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 06:00:28 PM »
Does that mean my suggestion for the werewolf is no good too ? Damn.
I'll think of something else then.
For Albus, will the item crash change with the subweapons ? If so:
-Burning Razor: spreads a long, continuous fire stream from his gun (Agharta, was it ?), making it look like a sword, and he slashes it. Great damage, medium range
-Frozen Star: shots an ice star that chases the enemy and will do continuous damages as long as it is there. Medium damage, long range. EDIT: too similar to death's green chaser. Don't mind this one.
-givemeaname: fires 2 lightning orbs that'd spin around the middle of the screen, creating a continuous thunder storm between them. Multiple fast damage (like a machine gun), stays not too long on the screen
I tried to imagine each with good and bad points: fire razor is fast and powerful, but it hits only once and can be expensive on mp;
Frozen star can be used to put the enemy under constant pressure, and could be relatively cheap on mp consumption
Thunderwhatever, finally, is used against huge/flying bosses, and can also act like a cleaner, like against Abaddon. It might sound OP, but it really depends on the amount of damage done, wich can be regulated by the time it will remains on screen/ the damage done by each lightning strike.
Those are quick ideas, but hell i like this topic. Great idea to let us suggest new moves, Serio. It's fun, even if my moves were to not be kept.
Btw Acerbatus is tough to item crash. Any idea ?

Offline Pasta

• Hikari are!
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 06:02:23 PM »
Hugh could use one of the homing swords he uses as a boss. it would follow enemies like death's green magic ball, and banish after hit (or maybe after two hits), or he could us an acceleration spell (like the one Nathan uses in CotM with his DSS cards... I don't remember the combination, it was gryphon and other card). Makes him become faster and deal little damage when runing. Right now, he and Simon are the slowest characters in game, making them almost impossible to dodge Agni's falldown strike on nightmare.

BTW, talking about Simon. Those Richter's running sprites edits for Simon, make him look A LOT more muscular than his walking animations, maybe you could change it a bit.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 06:21:40 PM by Pasta »
"Let there be light"

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 08:14:43 PM »
Simple but effective: Yoko/Shanoa could perform a normal backdash, with a step back normal animation and then have another backdash with the animation they currently have. It would be like, stepback-backdash. if you use the double backdash you would have more distance/invincibility frames, but you would have a bit more lag after the double one.

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2012, 03:42:57 AM »
If anything,i could sprite out the moves which are requiring frames to be drawn.. :]

I don't have any suggestions at the moment though.. :x

Also,Serio,i recently discovered my name was in the ending credits,i thank you for it.. :P

''Farts for everyone!''

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2012, 04:13:32 AM »
well, for now you could make item crash frames for all simons, then i can add them and the next patch will have him with it enabled.
Dracula was here