May 22, 2018, 05:52:27 PM

Author Topic: Stupid Question - cvbla11 nlack screen  (Read 763 times)

Raijin

Stupid Question - cvbla11 nlack screen
« on: December 21, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
Greetings everyone.

First of: great fan of your game, Serio, and following it`s progress since forever - at least it feels like it.

I hate to be "that" Guy, but I need help to get my game running again. As the threadname already suggests I have trouble with cvbla11, but cvbla10 and the win versions work well. This game isn`t very enjoyable if you can`t play fullscreen, for which I seem to require the cvbla11. The faq, even though pretty hilarious, was no help at all. Well there was one clue I couldn`t really make much sense of. It is stated that I need at least 4gb ram and something about the integrated gpu. 

By the way I use Intel core i3 and have the required 4gb ram (3,68 useable...it seems)

Long story short: Game boots fine, sound is there, it seems to work as well but the windowscreen is plain black.
I could have tried the  "(in which case try no music patch)" but I dont know how to this - sorry.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
Re: Stupid Question - cvbla11 nlack screen
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2014, 07:13:14 PM »
it's more likely your integrated gpu can't fully run opengl 2.1. without enough ram it wouldn't start at all, or it'd crash.

to use the no music patch, move data03_nomusic.dog from extras folder into the main game folder. i guess i'll clarify it a bit more in the readme.

if that doesn't help, open the config11.cfg file in notepad, change RenderMode=OpenGL into RenderMode=System and see if that helps. it'll disable opengl rendering completely so it'll likely get much slower and some features will be disabled (i don't really use any of them though since they're 1.1 exclusive), but it should display the game.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 07:26:36 PM by serio »
Dracula was here

Raijin

Re: Stupid Question - cvbla11 nlack screen
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 08:07:05 PM »
It worked. Seems like the issue was the integrated gpu afterall, even though it worked perfectly fine before. I guess I`ll have to find a way to increase my performace to avoid the lack of sound or speed.

Anyhow, thanks for the fast and helpful answer, Serio.
I wish you a good day.