Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
guest holding pen / Goodbye CV fighter
« Last post by RIP on Yesterday at 03:05:28 AM »
You will be missed
general game discussion / Re: Lukmendes' bosses moveset suggestion
« Last post by Lukmendes on March 22, 2018, 06:44:08 PM »
Added Legion/Core/Nuculais to the list.

The moth fight will be quite hellish, with 3 moths spawning from eggs (should be toned down on easy and normal, with hard and nightmare having 3).

Yeah I was going to edit the post to include this, but then I wrote that less eggs should be laid in lower difficulties, so that's not necessary.

I'm thinking more emphasis could be placed on destroying the poison dust, maybe have it deactivate backdash invincibility and still poison the player as they backdash through it, but that will probably make the boss fight even worse for characters with less than reliable anti-projectile capabilities.

I said it in the chat but it's worth repeating, don't think poison dust should deactivate backdash's invincibility since, the boss can have potentialy a lot of pressure, deactivating invincibility from backdash cancel when going through the poison dust means that when they're close enough to the ground, your only option to go to another part of the stage is by jumping, and that is really limiting your options in a potentialy annoying way.
general game discussion / Re: Discord server
« Last post by Malphas on March 21, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
This was a great idea. It filled up pretty fast and it's a tiny bit more active and relaxed than the forums.
I didn't know we were so many still.
general discussion / Bloodstained Ritual of the Night(Opinion)
« Last post by LewiSensei on March 15, 2018, 05:18:53 AM »
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night for the Switch is going to be my sacred gift for next month(on my birthday) I have to say that it's mechanism is like Dawn of Sorrow and Symphony of the Night with Dracula X Chronicle graphics. Seems that IGA is having fun with bringing our attention to the future Metroidvania game of 2018. I'm concerned about the screams her being stabbed by the crystal souls.(Can't remember her name.) It's not like an easy soul entrance it's more those "we will stab you to the heart" kind of soul entrance. You'll hear it alot after the game ends.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Edit: Oh it's Miriam.
bug reporting / Giant Bat refuses to die
« Last post by Lukmendes on March 13, 2018, 09:46:22 PM »
I was fighting Giant Bat in arcade mode with Julius, he does his dash in attack, I kill him while he's doing the first one with an axe, and then he just stands still doing nothing for a while, he did eventualy die, but it took a few seconds.

general game discussion / Re: Lukmendes' bosses moveset suggestion
« Last post by Anonymous on March 13, 2018, 04:34:56 PM »
The moth fight will be quite hellish, with 3 moths spawning from eggs (should be toned down on easy and normal, with hard and nightmare having 3).

I'm thinking more emphasis could be placed on destroying the poison dust, maybe have it deactivate backdash invincibility and still poison the player as they backdash through it, but that will probably make the boss fight even worse for characters with less than reliable anti-projectile capabilities.
general game discussion / Discord server
« Last post by Lukmendes on March 13, 2018, 04:33:01 PM »
So I made a server on Discord, just so we can talk in a chat, since forums aren't as good for random quick talks, it's been there for a while but the link to the invite was in a random post in the (currently) 0.6.21a thread, should've made a thread about it before. Here's the invite: https://discord.gg/vtasBxw

Rules are the same as the forum. If you join it, have fun.
general game discussion / Re: General Suggestions
« Last post by Lukmendes on March 13, 2018, 02:40:33 PM »
Axe armor SPAMS and stunlocks like crazy.  I'd say it's a bit overpowered and needs a nerf.

I complained in the past about the same with Richter, but last version I was playing I noticed he has actually toned down the "YOU FOOL" move, great job on him. It's really fun to fight.
However... I think Albus needs a slight boost. Compared to Richter he is a bit of a wimp. I managed to perfect him on hard with Grant, something I could NEVER EVER do against Richter, which makes me sweat even today.

And speaking about SPAM. Shanoa can spam the rapier glyph if she corners you. I was nearly full HP and something very similar to this happened.

(click to show/hide)

Albus is a bit of a wild card, in some matchups he's ridiculously easy to defeat (Carrie, Charlotte, Master Skeleton) but in some he's even harder to defeat than Richter (Julius, Death), so he can't be outright buffed or nerfed, he's already random enough to be enough of a threat, but if changes were to be made, then he'd need to tone down the randomness just so he doesn't even weaker in some matchups.
general game discussion / Re: General Suggestions
« Last post by Malphas on March 13, 2018, 03:45:01 AM »
Axe armor SPAMS and stunlocks like crazy.  I'd say it's a bit overpowered and needs a nerf.

I complained in the past about the same with Richter, but last version I was playing I noticed he has actually toned down the "YOU FOOL" move, great job on him. It's really fun to fight.
However... I think Albus needs a slight boost. Compared to Richter he is a bit of a wimp. I managed to perfect him on hard with Grant, something I could NEVER EVER do against Richter, which makes me sweat even today.

And speaking about SPAM. Shanoa can spam the rapier glyph if she corners you. I was nearly full HP and something very similar to this happened.

(click to show/hide)
general game discussion / Re: Separating whip users
« Last post by Malphas on March 13, 2018, 03:39:00 AM »
This may sound a bit crazy and it's something pretty much aesthetic but I think Non-canon characters could have the regular rope whip instead of the flail. Nathan, Hanz and Sonia come to my mind. That, however, requires spriting.

What difference would it make?
I'm thinking less damage but more attack speed, perhaps slightly less range (or not touching range at all)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10