November 19, 2017, 08:30:30 AM

Author Topic: Super jump inconsistency and holy water issue  (Read 291 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Super jump inconsistency and holy water issue
« on: October 16, 2016, 05:10:42 PM »
If you do a regular jump, then do a normal, and the character still is in recovery while landing, the character can cancel the attack into another jump, same can be done with backdashes, but it doesn't happen with a super jump, if you do a single super jump, and the character lands while still on recovery, you won't be able to use another super jump, is that intentional?

Holy water C can hit the wall without actualy touching it:

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
Re: Super jump inconsistency and holy water issue
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 03:07:51 AM »
you cancel it using the doublejump. you have one jump, one superjump and one doublejump. you can use each of those once.

fixed the holy water.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2016, 03:31:03 AM »
you cancel it using the doublejump. you have one jump, one superjump and one doublejump. you can use each of those once.

I'm aware of such options, it's just odd for a character to suddenly not be able to super jump cancel an attack when they're landing after doing a super jump, it seems like it "breaks" the canceling rules, since everything else you can use that move (Regular jump or a backdash), then a normal or sub weapon, then that same move again to cancel, super jump doesn't allow the last one, and similar to a glitch I reported in another thread, even if you cancel the normal into a regular jump after doing all of that (Super jump, use a normal, land), you won't be able to use a super jump again.

To make this even weirder, if you do a super jump, use a normal, land, then do a backdash cancel, without doing a crouch cancel, the character will be able to do a super jump.

Now that I remember, the same thing happens with a backflip.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2016, 03:06:02 PM »
it's not that you can do the second superjump, when you press up during backdash the hold up pose tries to activate and resets the variable. that's actually a bug, the jump value shouldn't reset while you hold up during backdash. fixed.

how this works is when you superjump, a variable is set to prevent it from being used again until you land. this variable can't be reset during any aerial move, any attack or backdash. so when you superjump the value's set to 1, then you attack and it's still 1, you land while attacking and it is still 1, then you backdash and it's still 1 and when you try to superjump it's still 1 as you guessed, which fails to start it.

it only resets back to 0 when you go into non-attacking grounded idle, so when the backdash ends, when you crouch, when you walk/run, or during hold up pose (but only when the pose is actually done or if you hold up while walking, not when you press up while running or backdashing for example.
Dracula was here