September 24, 2017, 10:26:21 AM

Author Topic: Several bugs with latest version for me  (Read 450 times)

Offline forbes

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
Several bugs with latest version for me
« on: November 24, 2016, 05:31:45 PM »
I was trying the game again recently and having no problems, but I downloaded the latest version off the site (full release - v0.6.18) when I saw there was a new character added. I saved over the old version, but when I tried the game (it came with both cvbla10 and cvbla11, and both versions have this problem), I found if I try to change the controls and save, I get an error like this.
https://postimg.org/image/ll5je3q6l
And when I select a character and start playing, the game runs at a slow, choppy frame rate. It doesn't seem to make any difference which character or mode I select. I deleted everything and downloaded the full version again, but get the same issues. Am I the only one having this problem? I'm not sure what version I had before, but I know it was before Grant was added.
https://postimg.org/image/bvty65oy7
I also don't understand what winmugen or ingame means, I just downloaded the zip file off the site.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
Re: Several bugs with latest version for me
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2016, 03:37:07 AM »
I was trying the game again recently and having no problems, but I downloaded the latest version off the site (full release - v0.6.18) when I saw there was a new character added. I saved over the old version, but when I tried the game (it came with both cvbla10 and cvbla11, and both versions have this problem), I found if I try to change the controls and save, I get an error like this.
https://postimg.org/image/ll5je3q6l
And when I select a character and start playing, the game runs at a slow, choppy frame rate. It doesn't seem to make any difference which character or mode I select. I deleted everything and downloaded the full version again, but get the same issues. Am I the only one having this problem? I'm not sure what version I had before, but I know it was before Grant was added.
https://postimg.org/image/bvty65oy7
I also don't understand what winmugen or ingame means, I just downloaded the zip file off the site.

Full release before 0.6.18 was 0.6.07, probably the one you played.

Weird that the configwn/config10/config11 aren't there, the game shouldn't work at all if they aren't there.

Winmugenconfig is probably only related to winmugen, which is the version before 1.0, that download link isn't related to 1.0 or 1.1 if so.

Some days ago I actualy had a problem where 1.1 stopped working I think, that was solved by replacing every file extracting, though at first it wasn't working, that's because I was making the mistake of not replacing files, once I did that solved it.

It's also possible that an anti virus is removing something important, I have to turn off Avira here everytime I play it because it doesn't like CVF for some reason, though what it does is delete 1.1.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2016, 04:06:20 AM »
Also judging by the second image, you've downloaded the game in a windows 8 or 10, right? Yeah, that happens too sometimes when I start it up in more recent versions, as MUGEN (as far as I know) works best in windows xp and 7.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 10:22:56 AM »
It's also possible that an anti virus is removing something important, I have to turn off Avira here everytime I play it because it doesn't like CVF for some reason, though what it does is delete 1.1.
Weird, I'm also running Avira and so far it doesn't have any problems with CVF. Anyway, you could try setting an exception for it.

Offline forbes

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 04:05:12 PM »
Full release before 0.6.18 was 0.6.07, probably the one you played.
Yeah, I actually took my computer in for repairs a few weeks ago, and the guy there recommended using Avira. Should I try to disable the program and redownload the file?
Also judging by the second image, you've downloaded the game in a windows 8 or 10, right? Yeah, that happens too sometimes when I start it up in more recent versions, as MUGEN (as far as I know) works best in windows xp and 7.
Yeah, Windows 10. I think I had Windows 8 before that. I never had any problems until downloading this recent version.

I actually found the older version I had with some other files on a flash drive I had lying around. Still not sure what version it is, but it's the one that shows an owl at the beginning instead of the gorilla.
https://postimg.org/image/laktuy1lp
It seems to work fine, so I guess if I can't get later versions to work, I can at least play the old one.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 04:42:10 PM »
Yeah, I actually took my computer in for repairs a few weeks ago, and the guy there recommended using Avira. Should I try to disable the program and redownload the file?

Extract the game from the rar files and turn off Avira, see if that does something.

Yeah, Windows 10. I think I had Windows 8 before that. I never had any problems until downloading this recent version.

I have WIndows 10 too, there was one time 1.1 stopped working but just replacing the files again worked.

I actually found the older version I had with some other files on a flash drive I had lying around. Still not sure what version it is, but it's the one that shows an owl at the beginning instead of the gorilla.
https://postimg.org/image/laktuy1lp
It seems to work fine, so I guess if I can't get later versions to work, I can at least play the old one.

At the top left of the main menu is where you can see which version it is.

And well, better wait until Serio returns if nothing else works.

Offline forbes

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 01:11:47 AM »
The older version I have is 0.5.14. I'm not having the problem with the slowdown anymore, but still getting the error when I try to save.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2016, 12:32:11 AM by forbes »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 02:28:28 PM »
The older version I have is 0.5.14. I'm not having the problem with the slowdown anymore, but still getting the error when I try to save.

How did you solve the slowdown?

Also, if the only problem is to change the configuration, then just post here what is the configuration you want, I'll edit my own configuration and then post how it looks, then you'll just have to edit them on the config10 or config11.

Offline forbes

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2016, 02:49:02 AM »
I'm not sure exactly why, but the problem with the slowdown seemed to be caused by my computer somehow. I was having some problems with videos being choppy when they played. There's no problems anymore though.

I was just trying to edit the options and joystick inputs like this (yeah, I know I suck at the game):
https://postimg.org/image/fk3uetcoj
« Last Edit: November 29, 2016, 02:54:08 AM by forbes »

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2016, 03:47:24 AM »
I'm not sure exactly why, but the problem with the slowdown seemed to be caused by my computer somehow. I was having some problems with videos being choppy when they played. There's no problems anymore though.

I was just trying to edit the options and joystick inputs like this (yeah, I know I suck at the game):
https://postimg.org/image/fk3uetcoj

I don't think the "easy" option there actualy affects anything, if you want to play on easy, then select it once the game starts.

Anyways, now that I think of it, you could've done it yourself to change the configuration, would've been much faster for you to start playing it earlier lol.

At page 3 of the config11, put this over the original:

"[P1 Joystick]
Jump=11
Crouch=12
Left=13
Right=14
A=17
B=15
C=16
X=19
Y=18
Z=20