November 18, 2017, 03:51:48 PM

Author Topic: 0.6.21a  (Read 17500 times)

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
Re: 0.6.21a
« Reply #195 on: July 17, 2017, 04:18:48 AM »
Fou-Lu already discusses adapting some of the subweapons into the game http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=94.msg1240#msg1240

Another way to separate could be him using sacred cross as the default cross and basic axe as subweapons, should be still keep whip spin though?
As for how alchemy items I can imagine meteor as his item crash, single hit unique damage, but would that be too close to Simon's rosary? The Gambler could be a temporary buffing move, either defense or attack based on button pressed. The dove subweapon seems to be 1or2 projectiles that fly in a Medusa head pattern,but in this game it would be better to be homing, since unlike Maria's doves, the player uses MP for this, and the wave pattern will be hard to land. 

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +15
« Reply #196 on: July 17, 2017, 04:37:39 AM »
Fou-Lu already discusses adapting some of the subweapons into the game http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=94.msg1240#msg1240

Yeah I know, but my imagination is bad, I need visuals lol.

Jagged Earth's doesn't help, since I have no idea what Earth Demon looks like, so I lack that reference.

Another way to separate could be him using sacred cross as the default cross and basic axe as subweapons, should be still keep whip spin though?

That Sacred Cross is similar to Axe Armor's axe boomerang, only covering a bigger area of effect, it should do more damage since it'll suck ass vs small enemies.

His axe is just the current C axe for most characters, he could have just that version.

As for how alchemy items I can imagine meteor as his item crash, single hit unique damage, but would that be too close to Simon's rosary? The Gambler could be a temporary buffing move, either defense or attack based on button pressed. The dove subweapon seems to be 1or2 projectiles that fly in a Medusa head pattern,but in this game it would be better to be homing, since unlike Maria's doves, the player uses MP for this, and the wave pattern will be hard to land.

Simon's Rosary is full screen, Meteor is a big hitbox falling, pretty different lol.

I think it could just do physical+fire damage though, no need to make it do unique damage.

Maybe it should track too, or have it fall in a specific part depending on the button pressed.

That ice projectile could be a sub weapon too, it's honestly the same shit as Loretta's f,f attack, though as a sub weapon it'd be cancelable.

Doves could either track or be a hitbox that keeps going forward, could be destroyed in one hit, or it could have a fixed path to take like it looks like it does in the video, A version could go upwards, C version goes downwards, C version would be useful to give him a fast air to ground move, similar to Maria's cats.

Gambler could work I guess, maybe as a chargeable move to separate it from the other power up moves, so it could be stronger but be activated for just a few seconds, could have the increase of attack or defense depending on the button pressed like you suggested.

Honestly, this guy looks like a weird mix of Leon and Soma lol.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #197 on: July 17, 2017, 03:28:57 PM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XLdHfArD8

So turns out rasgar even did a full playthrough of the game, at 5:50 you can see the extremely weird trajectory of the dove subweapon (I'd stick to the fixed wave pattern) . Should his ff+A/C be a flame whip or one of the swords? I can imagine his qcf being either the demon sword or the lightning hammer.

Another thing about his meteor attack is that it's not the meteor doing damage, it's the flame that erupt from it at impact lol.

Seeing his alchemy and Elemental attacks, he's basically a fusion of Leon, Soma, as well as Juste.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #198 on: July 18, 2017, 01:47:30 AM »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L0XLdHfArD8

So turns out rasgar even did a full playthrough of the game, at 5:50 you can see the extremely weird trajectory of the dove subweapon (I'd stick to the fixed wave pattern) .

This is just shit lol.

The options between tracking, going forward or going upwards/downwards depending on the button is better.

Should his ff+A/C be a flame whip or one of the swords? I can imagine his qcf being either the demon sword or the lightning hammer.

ff attacks for horizontal attacks (Whips/swords), qcf for overheads/vertical (Lighting Hammer/Demon Sword).

He could maybe have a C attack to be one of those weapons, but then ff+A and qcf+A should be the whip/vertical attacks, while ff+C and qcf+C should be the overheads/verticals.

Another thing about his meteor attack is that it's not the meteor doing damage, it's the flame that erupt from it at impact lol.

That's just stupid lol.

Offline Didacus

• Come from the shadows and walk among them
« Reply #199 on: July 18, 2017, 05:16:49 PM »
Anyone with motion video of this sprite?
Hi is from Kotai Castlevania

My english is the worst :(

subir foto a internet

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #200 on: July 19, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »
It looks like you probably have the moveset planning under control, haha. But I did find the old thread where we discussed stuff for him quite a while back.

http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=503

Anyone with motion video of this sprite?
Hi is from Kotai Castlevania

My english is the worst :(

Well, to use those sprites we'd need the permission of the creator. But more importantly, it's just a slightly modified version of Richter, so I don't think it would be accepted for use in this game.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #201 on: July 19, 2017, 03:27:35 AM »
It looks like you probably have the moveset planning under control, haha. But I did find the old thread where we discussed stuff for him quite a while back.

http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=503

Most interesting idea they had there was to make Gambler a Y button which boosts both attack and defense, instead of one or the other, would be something somewhat unique (Would really help against bosses such as Brauner or Olrox).

His other default weapon could be Demon Sword for the C button.

So ff+A or C could be flame whip or some other sword he has,and qcf+A or C could be Lightning hammer, and do multiple hits.

Reflect could be an up,qcf move, similar to Sonia's, only it stays activated and wasting MP instead of reflecting like hers', could be deactivated as well with the same input, and should waste more MP on VS just so Desmond doesn't shut down zoners so easily lol.

Firestorm and Lighting could both be b,d,f moves, one for each button, maybe both shouldn't be chargeable, and to replace OoS' shitty firestorm, maybe we should make it be like Dormammu's "firestorm" (Dunno what it's called) from MvC3 looks-wise: https://youtu.be/C_SZGFH8hm4?t=242

Meteor could be his only item crash, but not be stupid like the game's version, and the meteor actualy hit, maybe it'd be better for it to track.

Y button could be Gambler as it was suggested in that thread, to buff both attack and defense.

Sub weapons could be sacred cross (Keep the speed of that game as well), axe (But have only the C version which characters like Simon and Julius have), and the dove, dove could track.

Now that I think of it, I'm feeling like it might be better for him to not have the ice spell, so he has to use other stuff to zone like Lighting.

You guys think that's good? It basicaly covers everything that could help to set him apart, minus invincibility, and the ice spell, ice spell I already explained, and I feel like him having both invincibility and reflect would just be weird.

Well, to use those sprites we'd need the permission of the creator. But more importantly, it's just a slightly modified version of Richter, so I don't think it would be accepted for use in this game.

I think Slogra made those sprites, they look odd when compared to the sprites here though...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:38:18 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
« Reply #202 on: July 19, 2017, 05:37:12 AM »
Basically his end moveset could be:
A: VK
C: Demon Sword, physical, dark (curse or really dark damage)
ff+A: Flame whip
ff+C: Vjaya maybe? Could be another magical damage source
qcf+A: Crissaegrim or Platinum Blade
qcf+C: Lightning Hammer
(or just lightning hammer on both buttons)
Up, qcf+A/C: Reflect
Bdf+A: Firestorm, holding longer creates more fireballs
Bdf+C: Lightning
DFU+A/C: Meteor
Y: The gambler, both attack and defense
Subweapons : Sacred cross, throwing axe, and doves

Who else worked on him besides slogra?

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #203 on: July 19, 2017, 02:31:46 PM »
The Desmond sprites I was thinking of were made by Claimh Solais. If these are by Slogra, then it's a different sheet and I didn't notice, haha.

That aside, yeah, I think the moveset looks pretty good.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2017, 01:12:56 AM »
Basically his end moveset could be:
A: VK
C: Demon Sword, physical, dark (curse or really dark damage)

Sounds nice, didn't think to give him both light and dark type for each weapon (Was thinking that Demon sword would be doing fire damage).

ff+A: Flame whip
ff+C: Vjaya maybe? Could be another magical damage source

Vjaya looks like the only one which does magic damage though, and what other elemental damage could it do besides magic?

qcf+A: Crissaegrim or Platinum Blade
qcf+C: Lightning Hammer

Platinum Blade would be more fitting for a f,f attack, so I don't think it should be used, and if Crissaegrim were to be used, then I don't think is should be OoS' version, should be the classical one.

(or just lightning hammer on both buttons)

I'd preffer that to be fair, could do a lot of hits too for high damage just so it'd need all of those hits to be useful.

Bdf+A: Firestorm, holding longer creates more fireballs

Like I said in the other post, don't think it should be chargeable, it could have some startup which can't be cancelled, for a powerful anti air move.

Subweapons : Sacred cross, throwing axe, and doves

I think doves should be destroyed in one hit by the way, could be slower than usual too.

Edit: Added Desmond and Christopher on my movelist suggestion thread, we should also move character discussions to that thread.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2017, 01:45:18 AM by Lukmendes »

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #205 on: August 07, 2017, 03:32:37 PM »
Do I count as being in the credits? I believe those Yoko sprites are in (or, do they not count?)

Sorry, just played through for the first time in a while, I just noticed this I guess.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #206 on: August 07, 2017, 09:09:14 PM »
Do I count as being in the credits? I believe those Yoko sprites are in (or, do they not count?)

Sorry, just played through for the first time in a while, I just noticed this I guess.

If other sprite makers are listed in the credits, then you should as well.

It's good to remind Serio about this, I noticed he can be forgetful since the main page is still "2004-2015 Serious Business" lol.

Also, any chances of CVF getting a Discord?

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2017, 04:08:02 AM »
I'd love to get a discord, especially for the intent of communicating with the members of this forum - however, I guess I've never really gotten around to it, and it appears that I lag behind a lot - I continue to use Skype despite its many shortcomings comparable to Discord, according to some.

On another hand, I've connected with slogra through Skype, after accidentally clicking on the little icon that used to be on the member page, or whatnot.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2017, 12:41:13 PM »
Discord server seems nice
But seeing how inactive this forum,pretty much we are too short on active members
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2017, 09:29:49 PM »
Discord server seems nice
But seeing how inactive this forum,pretty much we are too short on active members

Chats are by default more active than forums though.

general forums