February 18, 2019, 11:49:27 PM

Author Topic: Koji Igarashi's New Project  (Read 12253 times)

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
Re: Koji Igarashi's New Project
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2015, 07:00:40 PM »
A new stretch goal's been revealed - it's called "Classic Mode". From the brief description in the update, it sounds like it will restructure the game into something like the older Castlevania games. A linear route from one stage to the next, and no RPG elements. Could be interesting, but I prefer the Metroidvania style.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2015, 07:21:21 PM »
A new stretch goal's been revealed - it's called "Classic Mode". From the brief description in the update, it sounds like it will restructure the game into something like the older Castlevania games. A linear route from one stage to the next, and no RPG elements. Could be interesting, but I prefer the Metroidvania style.

And couldn't they put something like that as an earlier goal? I'd preffer that over silly cheat codes or speed run mode or fucking retro level any day...

Anyway, I wonder if the "dungeon goals" will have a big difference on the ammount of money "needed", I honestly kinda doubt it'll reach 2,500,000$, more than that seems a bit far fetched for me, but then again, there are still 28 days to go, so I could be horribly wrong.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2015, 08:24:21 PM »
I imagine classic mode would cost a lot more than any of those other things. Either the cost of the other stretch goals is contributing to classic mode, or they simply placed it higher because they knew it would have a greater ability to entice people to continue pledging.

On that note, I'm sure the dungeon goals will be a pretty big deal (they strongly hinted that one will be a Nintendo release), but I'm not sure how much farther the funding will go. I imagine most people who were on board would have pledged by now. Maybe there will be another big influx if they release some gameplay footage or screenshots.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
Re: Koji Igarashi\'s New Project
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »
I might be wrong, but doesn't kickstarter can have some big donations near the end in some cases? If that happens here then there might be a better chance of seeing the dungeon goals.

More "screenshots", that might happen, I doubt about gameplay footage though, they might only actualy start making the game after the donations are closed.

Post Merge: May 17, 2015, 09:03:50 PM
So, it reached over 2,250,000$, will probably reach 2,500,000$ soon, guess I was wrong.

Anyway, the voting on that sword or whip website will end soon:

"A few weeks ago we started turning the gears of the rumor mill by launching http://swordorwhip.com -- which has since amassed more than 2.5 million votes. Of course our intention was to provoke some debate, and while we’re not yet ready to announce exactly where it’s heading, we want to make one thing clear: voting ends soon."
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:03:50 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2015, 08:36:29 AM »
yeah. how did you find me? lol.
Dracula was here

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2015, 09:46:46 AM »
Well since the name was the same as your YT account and the submission made a reference to a series you're familiar with, I guessed it was you. :V

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2015, 10:06:43 AM »
lol. yeah, i was just messing around. that name is unique enough that pretty much nobody used it before.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2015, 12:22:13 PM »
Serio's fan art made me laugh XD.

Anyway, Sword vs Whip voting has been closed, and apparently PC players will have a nice reward:

"We're happy to announce that all backers at $60 or above who choose PC copies of Bloodstained will be granted beta access via Steam. What does this mean for you?

Get a chance to play early builds of the game.
Help the development team squash bugs and make the best Igavania possible.
See the game's development from a different perspective.
Provide valuable feedback.
All $60+ digital and physical PC copies will be eligible for the beta, but the beta version will only run on Windows. It's definitely going to be the biggest group of beta testers IGA has ever worked with, but he and the team are looking forward to your help."

So, anyone here will get the Backer edition for PC? lol
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 12:41:19 PM by Lukmendes »

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2015, 12:53:37 PM »
this makes me consider upping mine from 28 to 60, either physical or digital. the other stuff wasn't enough for that kind of price for me to justify.
Dracula was here

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2015, 02:40:21 PM »
Much as it might be cool to try out the beta, I'm not much of a PC gamer. I would much rather have it on the PS4, so I guess I won't be getting this.

Really close to Classic Mode. I wouldn't be surprised if we see it by the end of today. I'm really curious to see what the dungeon stretch goals are.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2015, 03:15:10 PM »
you can still get it on both. if you go for the $60+ option and select ps4, you'll still get a pc beta access whether you need it or not as an addition to the ps4 download/disk and extras.
Dracula was here

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2015, 05:04:28 PM »
I don't think that's how it works. It sounds like you choose what platform you want your game for (PS/XB/PC), and only if you choose PC do you get beta access on top of the other perks.

I've pledged $100 (I want that soundtrack), so I guess when the time comes we'll see if I'm wrong about that.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2015, 11:08:52 AM »
i re-read that and i guess i misunderstood it. it looks like only pc is eligible, but beta will only work on windows. i misremembered it as beta would only work on pc, but apparently it just means it won't work for linux and mac, just windows.

it's no wonder, both platforms are pretty much vocal minorities as far as gaming goes, so while the end result will be ported for them, porting early betas would be likely too much wasted effort that should be focused on actually making the game.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:02:21 PM by serio »
Dracula was here

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2015, 01:22:34 PM »
Well, classic mode has been achieved. We've been given a glimpse of the basement stretch goals, the first of which is an expansion of the castle. It promises to be the "biggest castle" in any Igavania. We can see a teensy bit of the next one, which many people are certain is a Wii U release.

In addition, they added some intermediary stretch goals in between where we are now and the castle expansion, each one being the addition of an 8-bit music track. Looks like virt (Jake Kaufman) is being added to the soundtrack, which makes me very happy.

general forums