February 18, 2019, 11:47:08 PM

Author Topic: Available/Taken stories. Fill the blanks!  (Read 27062 times)

Offline Fou-Lu

• Respect: +2
Re: Available/Taken stories. Fill the blanks!
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2012, 07:37:08 PM »
I know 100% for a fact I rejected Hugh and Nathan's stories under the "power of friendship" thing.

Personally my own work was bettered due to finding someone actually willing to harshly criticize it in the past.  So I tend to believe that's the best method.

Not only 111, but also the anonymous who wrote the stories for Julius and Alucard.
I don't recall seeing them, so I dunno if I saw something skimming it that made me instantly reject it since I've been known to do that from time to time, or if I merely never saw them at all. 

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 07:56:10 PM »
If I recall correctly, it was Belmontzar who had written Hugh and Nathan stories. After they were rejected, CyberDragon said that he had written up new ones but hadn't posted them up on the board.

As hard as it is to take criticism for me, I agree with you. I would be nowhere near the writer I am now if I didn't have people helping me fix my problems, especially being brutal when they need to be.

I don't recall seeing them, so I dunno if I saw something skimming it that made me instantly reject it since I've been known to do that from time to time, or if I merely never saw them at all.

Malphas' stories:
Julius, Alucard, Skeleton, Hammer, Werewolf, Sonia
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 08:04:17 PM by rasgar »

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22:56 PM »

Some of them were unsavable anyways, but I think I could rewrite them into something more acceptable if given the chance.
My stories of Werewolf and Julius were just hateful (luckily, there are already two people working on them) and skeleton's story needed a something else. Still, Morrison (or at least I think it was Morrison) suggested the idea of the Master skeleton being Sypha, Grant and Trevor all in one and I think that this could make a much better story. If nobody wants desperately to make skeleton's story I could rewrite it.
Alucard story was kind of accepted but from what I recall it needed to be heavily edited. I could help with that too.
I would be nowhere near the writer I am now if I didn't have people helping me fix my problems, especially being brutal when they need to be.
Practice makes the master. And constructive criticism is a great ally for the writers. Hopefully we can all improve a little bit thanks to this project. Feel free to tell me anything you don't like about the stories I will take on (I will post them in a few weeks, though) This game has a lot of work on it and it deserves a story with a similar level of awesomeness, so feel free to throw your rotten tomatoes if I fail (I will keep working until I make it)

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +5
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 01:11:37 AM »
I know 100% for a fact I rejected Hugh and Nathan's stories under the "power of friendship" thing.

Personally my own work was bettered due to finding someone actually willing to harshly criticize it in the past.  So I tend to believe that's the best method.

Agree completely.  A person can't improve if no one tells them what they're doing wrong.

I'm aware that the majority of them were rejected. I know how seriously the team is taking the story component of this game, so it makes sense that you'd do that (and I feel the same way). I read as much while going through the old board, anyways. I vaguely remember having a conversation earlier with Morrison... I think... I can't remember when, that maybe some of the rejected stories could still be reworked as something usable, with some credit still being given to the original author. All the same, I figured I might as well list everything, even those that were probably rejected, before people started going nuts with claiming characters.

Yeah...it's a thing they did in the golden age of Hollywood.  A lot of the old horror films cost so much to make because they'd pay countless writers for scripts that they'd never use, or only use pieces from.  Often, these writers wouldn't be credited in the final film.  Maybe I was one of the uncredited writers in a previous life, I don't know.  lol

Offline Zetheraxza

• Class...It's all that matters...
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2012, 06:49:40 AM »
I'll take on Gabriel
For the Empire!

[img]http://catmacros.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/darth_cat.jpg

Offline TRisk

• Losing my nerve...
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 09:21:53 PM »
So you just post a story here and wait to see if it's approved or rejected?

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 10:11:46 PM »
Good question! Actually, I think it would be better to make another topic with your story, to make a topic for all the stories or to put it on a document and send it somewhere. I recommend the first one so in case not everybody is interested in reading a story can go trough this thread without scrolling forever. If someone wants to read Richter/Gabriel/Whoever's story, it's easier to search for a topic called Richter's story than to search endlessly in a topic (in case all of the stories were posted there) Like any of the ideas? Have a better one? I leave it to you.

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 10:17:14 PM »
I'd suggest PMing Fou-Lu, CyberDragon, and I the stories.  If it gets two-thirds vote, it gets forwarded to Serio for final approval (because why waste Serio's time with stories that are lackluster?).  What say the other mods?

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 11:00:18 PM »
If I recall correctly, it was Belmontzar who had written Hugh and Nathan stories. After they were rejected, CyberDragon said that he had written up new ones but hadn't posted them up on the board.

The most I'd posted up on the board was a sampling of Hugh's dialogue (with a yet-to-be-implemented boss version of himself), and I've spoken with Morrison quite a bit about this particular story angle in the past. Otherwise, I think it's fair to say we've both been lounging around on unfinished material for a while. :x

I'd suggest PMing Fou-Lu, CyberDragon, and I the stories.  If it gets two-thirds vote, it gets forwarded to Serio for final approval (because why waste Serio's time with stories that are lackluster?).  What say the other mods?

As I recall, we were the first gate for quality control, with Fou-Lu and Serio both acting on final approval, or at least that's the bargain I remember presenting on the text board. PM sounds fine though, yes. :]
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 11:17:47 PM »
I guess I should PM you mine, then. I think I only ever sent it to Morrison.

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 11:18:07 PM »
As I recall, we were the first gate for quality control, with Fou-Lu and Serio both acting on final approval, or at least that's the bargain I remember presenting on the text board. PM sounds fine though, yes. :]

Oh.  That works, too.  I honestly don't recall what the arrangement was.

Offline Fou-Lu

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 02:30:28 AM »
I like this idea you can block anything that sounds to "4kids" of "generic anime" from me ever having to see it.  That way less rage on my end. 

Offline Superscope

• gold member
  • Vampire hunter from Australia
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2012, 11:33:59 AM »
As i've been playing this game non-stop for the last week, i want to contribute to such a fine production.

I feel like i should attempt a storywrite up of someone... I'm not too bad with words. Being a major fan of both Touhou and Castlevania... Sakuya Izayoi seems like a good start for me.

Can i ask a few questions however before i attempt to write?

- Is the story based on conversations between 2 people only (pretty much what blazblue does)?
- Is there a conversation after battle?
- Is there a intro/outro of the game needed and if so, can scenes be modified in the game for them?
- How much can a person remain out of charater without breaking any of the story?
- Can battles be forced to be set battles based on a story (ie, remillia)? If so, how many battles would be required? Would some battles not even need a dialog? (ie, gergoth)
- When confronting the compatability of touhou and castlevania storylines, would Sakuya/remillia/reimu be from a alternate reality, or from the current timeline the game is set in, since they are from a place that is effectively "disconnected" from the world and are mostly uneffected by the events of the world?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:49:32 PM by Superscope »
"To describe this madness? Give all the bosses steroids, and put them in a line."
"What is a Belmont? A miserable pile of whips and sub-weapons."
"WARNING - Touhou Fanatic - WARNING"
I Make CVF videos!

Offline Fou-Lu

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2012, 08:08:40 PM »
I'll try to answer these questions:
Is the story based on conversations between 2 people only (pretty much what blazblue does)?

yes
Is there a conversation after battle?

I'm unsure on that one, I think in some cases there might be some sort of after battle convo
Is there a intro/outro of the game needed and if so, can scenes be modified in the game for them?
yes
How much can a person remain out of charater without breaking any of the story?
It depends on the character but generally as little as possible.  I'm not fond of OOC
Can battles be forced to be set battles based on a story (ie, remillia)?
not at this time but feel free to make dialogue for such a thing for the future
how many battles would be required?
again depends on the character
Would some battles not even need a dialog? (ie, gergoth)
A couple dialogues for these sort of things would be preferable.  Some sort of reaction to how grotesque he is for example
When confronting the compatability of touhou and castlevania storylines, would Sakuya/remillia/reimu be from a alternate reality, or from the current timeline the game is set in, since they are from a place that is effectively "disconnected" from the world and are mostly uneffected by the events of the world?
I would say that Touhou characters would be from the Koumajo reality.

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »
Who's doing Hanz? Also, he doesn't have an official background story and his personality/story was discussed back on the old forums with him getting the Devils Tail and evilish stuff, so, is this kind of OC?

People are talking about Hugh being a boss, but considering Hanz story, it makes more sense to have him as boss... which would also conflict with Richter since they are clones.

Edit: I might try and write something for Hanz. I'll send them over after i'm done. I'm not really sure tho, If anyone else has interest in him, please don't hold back.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 12:00:04 AM by Undead »