April 21, 2019, 11:13:01 PM

Author Topic: Warg makes Soma OP  (Read 590 times)

Offline kkdecara

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: 0
Warg makes Soma OP
« on: July 13, 2016, 11:04:55 AM »
When in versus mode, i don't know if this is a bug or not, but if you hit the enemy with soma's warg then he (the enmy, not soma) gets a lot less invincibility frames. So that you can normal attack them without cease and not a single hit will miss.
Per se the thing is after warg connecting, some kind of attacks don't cause recover time for the oponent at all. It's pretty self explanatory, so i didn't upload pics nor vids, try it out.

Btw i see some bugs i mentioned fixed. That's so very cool man, awesome and awesome game

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
Re: Warg makes Soma OP
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2016, 01:39:32 PM »
Warg does make the opponent have less invincibility frames, however, that is not what makes it be able to combo into other things like Soma's A, it's just that Soma can hit the opponent before they're invincible.

Shanoa's Fulgur also looks like it give the opponent less invincibility frames, Charlotte's f,f attack too, so maybe this happens only with specific elements, however, this doesn't happen with Shanoa's physical attacks with those elements, so I'm assuming it only happens with attacks which have magic element on them.

As for Soma's Warg making him overpowered, it looks like it does, he can use it, then jump cancel it and use it again in a combo, really damaging, can't be used as much on the ground though because of crouching opponents, but making it hit in the air is pretty simple, the damage could be toned down.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
Re: Warg makes Soma OP
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2016, 10:49:44 AM »
i reduced soma's warg's strength, but i'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in invincibility frames. they start at the same moment they do for other attacks, 21 frames after entering a hit state and last 36 frames.

it may be an optical illusion since the warg causes cold effect (with its light blue fading palette) which overrides the red/purple hit flashing, which may make it look like the character doesn't blink and thus has no invincibility frames active.
Dracula was here