February 18, 2019, 11:51:14 PM

Author Topic: how to apply hq music patch, v.0.6.20 patch, and missing dll patch.  (Read 362 times)

Nick Wolf

I know you guys probably have better things to do than answer my dumb question, but you never know unless you ask right? I have been playing this game for about eh a year maybe, I have cvbla v0.6.18 I understand the basics of Mugen but serio's mugen seems... different, I CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT! I'm probably being stupid but how do I apply the Music patch and the upgrade v6.20 patch?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
Re: how to apply hq music patch, v.0.6.20 patch, and missing dll patch.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 07:02:10 PM »
Put the 0.6.20 patch and the data03_hq.dog in the same folder as the game itself, needs to look more or less like this:

Then they'll be activated when the game starts, though, if your computer isn't that good, there's the possibility the game won't work with HQ music.

Things like patch_99boss and data03_nomusic can be activated on the same way, the first one makes you fight every boss avaliable in arcade mode (In specific tiers you only fight 4, with this patch is makes you fight all of them, here's the thread explaining the tiers: http://serio.piiym.net/cvbla/board/index.php?topic=216.0), data03_nomusic removes most musics of the game, though if you have the data03_hq then it'll keep the HQ sound effects like menu sounds.

dll patch, extract it on the same folder as the game itself, it'll replace the Elecbyte.MUGEN.libs folder.

Nick Wolf

Re: how to apply hq music patch, v.0.6.20 patch, and missing dll patch.
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 04:46:14 AM »
It works! thanks!... I've GOT IT! WORKS GREAT! (EXCEPT Johnathon is a teeny laggy in serious mode) but I don't care my mains Nathan anyway the first castlevania character I played as ever, you were a big help to me and potentally other who are new and unfamiliar with mugen.

general forums