April 21, 2019, 11:15:50 PM

Author Topic: Simul Survival Breaks Reality, and other stuff  (Read 803 times)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
Simul Survival Breaks Reality, and other stuff
« on: December 08, 2016, 04:44:19 AM »
Sometimes, while fighting in Simul Survival mode, the screen starts to glitch off. I don't have a screenshot on this device, but I'll post it when I can. It can only be described as certain pieces of the stage duplicating.

When fighting Balore with Ronald on Easy Survival, Balore's death animation plays but he still remains there. The damage numbers show up when attacked but nothing really happens after that. I also don't currently have a screenshot of this.

Not really sure why, but Charlotte's item crash still lingers after the end period.

And, after redownloading the game three times at this point, Soma still crashes the game.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
Re: Simul Survival Breaks Reality, and other stuff
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2016, 05:22:12 AM »
Sometimes, while fighting in Simul Survival mode, the screen starts to glitch off. I don't have a screenshot on this device, but I'll post it when I can. It can only be described as certain pieces of the stage duplicating.

When fighting Balore with Ronald on Easy Survival, Balore's death animation plays but he still remains there. The damage numbers show up when attacked but nothing really happens after that. I also don't currently have a screenshot of this.

Not really sure why, but Charlotte's item crash still lingers after the end period.

And, after redownloading the game three times at this point, Soma still crashes the game.

Not sure about the first one, but the other 3 sound like glitches from 0.6.18, which I just confirmed they are on it, but not in 0.6.19 and 0.6.20 (Or at least I couldn't make any of them happen), are you sure you didn't just forget to put the 0.6.20 patch?

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 11:09:10 AM »

Well, Serio did advice against playing in SIMUL, which is quite buggy, there are a lot more issues there besides the one you reported, though not as buggy as TURNS. Also, did you mash any buttons during the transition? That can cause the stage tiles to duplicate, and he fixed it in Arcade and Single Survival quite a while ago, but not for SIMUL apparently.

3 of those issues, as Lukmendes mentioned, are in fact bugs from the previous patch, so there might be a problem with your patching or so. In my case though, I could replicate the 3rd one, though quite rarely, but not the remaining 2.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 03:11:56 PM »
3 of those issues, as Lukmendes mentioned, are in fact bugs from the previous patch, so there might be a problem with your patching or so. In my case though, I could replicate the 3rd one, though quite rarely, but not the remaining 2.

Third one as in the third glitch he mentioned (The Chalotte one), or the third glitch from 0.6.18? I tested out a bit, and I didn't see Charlotte's item crash glitching or Soma crashing the game, regardless if it happens again it's better print it, though Charlotte's would need the debug menu.

Offline Anonymous

• gold member
  • -nonexistent and 0% creative in names-
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 04:01:23 PM »
Third one as in the third glitch he mentioned (The Chalotte one), or the third glitch from 0.6.18? I tested out a bit, and I didn't see Charlotte's item crash glitching or Soma crashing the game, regardless if it happens again it's better print it, though Charlotte's would need the debug menu.

Yeah, I meant the third one he mentioned, the Charlotte item crash still lingering. Would be lucky, or unlucky, to be able to replicate that bug again to screenshot it with the debug window.

(And no, I'm not from 4chan! Or from the textboard)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 07:25:40 PM »
I've found the screenshots, attaching them to this post.

How could a patch not be installed correctly, though? I'm pretty sure I downloaded it and placed it correctly. The only problem is most likely the computer I installed it on,  as I do not hold an administrative position and cannot get past whatever program that may have blocked the patch (or something like that).
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

general forums