February 18, 2019, 11:53:46 PM

Author Topic: Sprite Sharing Thread  (Read 735 times)

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
Sprite Sharing Thread
« on: March 07, 2017, 11:50:22 PM »
I just thought I'd create this thread to not only share sprites not related to the game, but mostly see how potential contributing spriters can work. Not so much as to judge straightaway whether they'd make it or not, but to give advice on how to make the sprites more fitting for the style of the game. Either that, or just to see how fellow spriters are doing with their works outside of the game - critique, comment or otherwise.

These sprites can be in any style or from any background (unless they're against the forum rules for this section, or course) , but it's very preferable that they are made by the poster, in any case.

EDIT~

Also, I'm not sure if there's a way to prevent against sprite stealing - there's no format that I know of that has a .gif graphics decay, like .jpg is to .png files. Personally there's a lot of my non-CV sprites that I'm fairly sure people would want to steal, so I'd advise to post the .jpg spritesheet files here.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline IandI

• i'm a Rastaman... lol...
  • Respect: +1
Re: Sprite Sharing Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:05:25 AM »
Here I leave a succubus!!  it's just that ... do not know create movements, but if someone this serves.... =D
that handsome I woke up today !!�  =D

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 12:23:53 PM »
Here I leave a succubus!!  it's just that ... do not know create movements, but if someone this serves.... =D

Loi succubus is already being done by FinnishFlame though, but he's been having trouble to add her wings, maybe you could draw them on his sprites.

Offline IandI

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 08:54:28 PM »
I just did it for fun lol and the wings, it's easy you only need to make the wings apart in movement about 5 or 6 frames and with photoshop move them with that layers and the character in another layer....
Also Finnishflame can send me a pm so that he explains to me in detail that I can help him with the wings, no problem :D

Offline FinnishFlame

• Oikeutettu Satunnaisuuden
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2017, 08:58:45 PM »
I'm not sure if I'd need a PM, as oher people could possibly help with this as well.

As for the wings, I don't have photoshop or anything that works with layers, to my knowledge, and my main problem is animating the wings at all. They're supposed to be flapping, but I can't find a way to animate them nicely.

Everything else I can do, but it's not so much of an issue as (and not to be impatient, but) having the previous sprites implemented - it'd act as a sort of greenlight.
"Always Alert." "Not As Alert As I Once Was."

Offline IandI

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 02:19:35 AM »
Ok no problem, just give me a few days and on my day of rest I'll make you wings =D

general forums