October 17, 2018, 07:28:22 PM

Author Topic: Game Situation?  (Read 387 times)

Offline Komeiji Koishi

• Youkai Girl ち淫ユ
  • Respect: 0
Game Situation?
« on: July 19, 2018, 01:35:55 AM »
That Such guys Already Have a Year that I play this Beautiful Game peropor what I see its last update was less than a year ago and I would like to know if the game will not have new updates or is already Finished Before Hand Thanks for your answer QwQ
I Love Retro Games , Touhou and Castlevania

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
Re: Game Situation?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2018, 08:39:19 AM »
i may release one more bugfix update, but it's been over 10 years since i started working on this game (first records and videos of it are from late 2005). motivation dried up.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 11:31:46 AM by s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖ »
Dracula was here

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 07:20:07 PM »
i may release one more bugfix update, but it's been over 10 years since i started working on this game (first records and videos of it are from late 2005). motivation dried up.

That's a shame. In any case, you've done the most amazing Castlevania fangame ever created and it's been really fun to see it change all these years and to exchange thoughts with you guys. Whatever you do from now on, good luck with it. You're awesome.

P.S. If you do have other projects feel free to advertise them here. I'd like to take a look at them.

P.P.S. Also, we still have a discord. Many of us are still there, though it's somewhat dead. Feel free to join the Castlevania purgatory with us.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2018, 07:50:51 PM by Malphas »

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2018, 07:10:04 PM »
My motivation hasn't dried up.  I'm still very interested in this game, and still check in from time to time.  The biggest problem this game had had however is a lack of cohesive, coherent voices directing a staff who is open to new ideas but also knows their respective roles/places.  Stories can't be written well when everyone thinks the kitchen sink (theirs, not the other guy's) should be thrown into the mix.  Sometimes, a spriter just needs to be a spriter and a writer just needs to be a writer--and any newcomers who want to join the staff need to accept the direction as it is and accept that they aren't Serio or any of the people in charge. 

This game is an awesome fan game, but it can and should be made better.  We can do better.  I'd like for us to do better.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 07:32:24 PM by Morrison »

Offline esco

• Respect: +1
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 05:46:10 AM »

Hey bro. Like I've told you countless times when we spoke: you did a HELL of an amazing job with this thing. Your game is just so much damn fun that after beating the bosses in it, the ones in the original games just seem lame and slow compared to yours. You should be really proud of what you accomplished here.

With that being said, I can completely understand how after 10 years of updates you've just gotten tired of it. If that's the case though, you should seriously consider releasing all the source/sounds/sprites on several popular Castlevania forums along with directions on how to continue working on this (if you haven't done this already).

It would be a shame if one of the only great Castlevania fan games out there died off when there are people out there who would still like to do great things with it. Just my 2 cents.
Esco........... creator of the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Engine/Remake.

Blog with all updates: sotnhacked.wordpress.com
Deviantart site: esco1979.deviantart.com/

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2018, 05:04:55 PM »
Hey bro. Like I've told you countless times when we spoke: you did a HELL of an amazing job with this thing. Your game is just so much damn fun that after beating the bosses in it, the ones in the original games just seem lame and slow compared to yours. You should be really proud of what you accomplished here.

With that being said, I can completely understand how after 10 years of updates you've just gotten tired of it. If that's the case though, you should seriously consider releasing all the source/sounds/sprites on several popular Castlevania forums along with directions on how to continue working on this (if you haven't done this already).

It would be a shame if one of the only great Castlevania fan games out there died off when there are people out there who would still like to do great things with it. Just my 2 cents.

I'm planning on alerting Derrick at GameXplain of this game during his next live stream via a sizable donation.  So once that happens, expect people from the chat who don't know about the game yet to start looking at it.