February 18, 2019, 11:47:12 PM

Author Topic: arcade mode tiers  (Read 8504 times)

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
  • Respect: +16
Re: arcade mode tiers
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2015, 07:00:57 PM »
This list needs some updates, Zephyr, Giant Bat and Final Guard were added, and Skull Night is in tier 3 now.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2015, 07:09:48 PM »
So I played Arcade mode with Frog and I noticed that Medusa, Blackmore and Zephyr have story mode codes, which is odd because they're in tier 6 which isn't a story tier, are they in there to not overcrowd tier 5?

I also noticed that Remilia also has a story code, was that done in advance in case MUGEN allows character specific bosses someday?

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2015, 07:33:56 PM »
every single boss is coded with the story code. frog probably enabled them by accident.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #33 on: May 19, 2015, 07:59:21 PM »
every single boss is coded with the story code. frog probably enabled them by accident.

But the weird thing is that unlike Medusa and Blackmore, Zephyr has a portrait (Medusa uses her own sprites, Blackmore doesn't talk so we can't see what he'd use), and Remilia has an intro nearly identical to Dracula's on her own stage which she only uses with story mode activated.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2015, 09:25:32 PM »
everyone who had a portrait drawn by jorge uses it. everyone else uses a sprite.

i did code an intro for remilia, yeah. just in case i guess, lol.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2015, 07:14:13 PM »
So, I have some questions about Succubus:

Which voice actress will be used for her? The one from PSP SotN? Or maybe Loi succubus? (But I guess that one is being used for that succubus with a whip) 'Cause I sure hope it won't be the english one from the original version, that one was just terrible...

And, will she be strong? I noticed this "trend" with making SotN bosses become really strong in this game (Shaft is the exception, though he got nerfed, he used to be overpowered in his second form, specialy if you were using slower characters), and I'm wondering if she'd also be one of those bosses.

I'll honestly be kind of scared to face Galamoth if he also gets overbuffed like the other SotN bosses did lol.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2015, 10:15:52 AM »
I'll honestly be kind of scared to face Galamoth if he also gets overbuffed like the other SotN bosses did lol.
Goddamn right,just imagine his lightning storm from his baton,In SOTN we can use beryl circlet,but not on here,which deal major and multi damage like 2nd dracula fire laser
Beautiful yet fleeting,it flickers and perishes.
Word cannot describe what lays there.
All that remains is sadness and long-neglected memories.

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2015, 12:18:02 PM »
Goddamn right,just imagine his lightning storm from his baton,In SOTN we can use beryl circlet,but not on here,which deal major and multi damage like 2nd dracula fire laser

I never used Beryl Circlet against Galamoth, on the times I didn't use the braindead with Shield Rod + Alucard Shield, I avoided that attack with a super jump or mist form, though, if I'm not wrong, his staff did contact damage, and that'd need to be removed for the characters without invincible dash in moves to be able to avoid it when cornered, unless he can be "manipulated" like Gergoth, in a way which can make him never be able to corner you if you position yourself properly.

Now that I think of it, Galamoth would probably need some sort of "block" for him to not be fought in stages like Ruined Entrance Hall on survival mode, because he'd go through the ceiling lol.

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2015, 01:20:48 PM »
succubus (punching bag level finished, she can't do nearly anything) is really old, so she uses ps1 sotn voices. i have the psp ones ready for when i get to recode her to bring her up to standard.

i dunno how much harder will she get. i'll get to that when i'm finishing her up.

galamoth will be weaker in at least one part. his hp will be lower, because this game has a limit of 9999 hp, while his was like 13000 or so. lol.
Dracula was here

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2015, 02:02:19 PM »
succubus (punching bag level finished, she can't do nearly anything) is really old, so she uses ps1 sotn voices. i have the psp ones ready for when i get to recode her to bring her up to standard.

i dunno how much harder will she get. i'll get to that when i'm finishing her up.

galamoth will be weaker in at least one part. his hp will be lower, because this game has a limit of 9999 hp, while his was like 13000 or so. lol.

He had less than 12,100, I remember I defeated him with Richter by constantly whipping at his face, I counted since it was going to be boring lol.

Speaking of hitting him in the face, will the rest of his body have a higher deffense than his face? If so, I think it'd be important to make tracking moves to go after his face.

I feel like flight characters will have a pretty big advantage against him, specialy the ones who can dash during flight, he might need some good anti-flight tools for flight characters not have too much advantage.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2015, 03:29:39 PM »
I feel like flight characters will have a pretty big advantage against him, specialy the ones who can dash during flight, he might need some good anti-flight tools for flight characters not have too much advantage.
Galamoth already have one,the electric wave
If i not wrong when i played my psp,sometimes he put his baton to the blade fist and then releasing a large crescent shape shockwave,the only way to dodge this is by crouching

Also,he can use the large map like the abyss,room of darkness,or add a new arena: floating catacomb

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2015, 03:52:53 PM »
Galamoth already have one,the electric wave
If i not wrong when i played my psp,sometimes he put his baton to the blade fist and then releasing a large crescent shape shockwave,the only way to dodge this is by crouching

Yes, but flight characters would have a faster way to damage him, and unlike SotN, the flight transitions are really fast, so it wouldn't be a problem to wait for him to do an attack, flight, attack him, then leave the air.

And again, characters who have flight dashes would easily avoid that attack, unless it's active frames are increased to be long enough for a flight dash not work, which would force those characters to stop flying to avoid it.

Also,he can use the large map like the abyss,room of darkness,or add a new arena: floating catacomb

The Abyss is Menace's stage, Room of Darkness is Dullahan's stage, and is too small for Galamoth (He'd go through the "ceiling"), it's better to give him Floating Catacomb.

Now I'm wondering, how tall is Menace Serio? I tested with Carrie here and her double jump + super jump can reach around 000337 height, in case it's not enough to hit his face and let the character be in a safe position, it'd be better to put those platforms on The Abyss, unless he can be killed by being hit only in the knee, which would give flight characters a really different way to fight him.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:06:45 PM by Lukmendes »

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2015, 07:22:48 AM »
Yes, but flight characters would have a faster way to damage him, and unlike SotN, the flight transitions are really fast, so it wouldn't be a problem to wait for him to do an attack, flight, attack him, then leave the air.
Try to cut charging anim maybe,so its can released in instant,or you can use dracula anti air move to galamoth?

Offline Lukmendes

• giga member
  • llamas of shadow
« Reply #43 on: November 07, 2015, 01:57:39 PM »
Try to cut charging anim maybe,so its can released in instant,or you can use dracula anti air move to galamoth?

Yeah, cutting part of it's charge time would help, but it just shouldn't be too much, after all, if the character is supposed to have an advantage against a boss because of an specific tool, let him have it, the advantage just can't be too big at point of making the matchup laughably easy, specialy against the harder bosses.

The way I'm seeing, characters with divekick will have a pretty good advantage against Galamoth and Menace, since they can jump, attack then use the divekick to quickly go back to the ground safely.

Offline Zufeng

• Ware wa meshia nari!
« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2015, 02:57:51 AM »
Yeah, cutting part of it's charge time would help, but it just shouldn't be too much, after all, if the character is supposed to have an advantage against a boss because of an specific tool, let him have it, the advantage just can't be too big at point of making the matchup laughably easy, specialy against the harder bosses.

The way I'm seeing, characters with divekick will have a pretty good advantage against Galamoth and Menace, since they can jump, attack then use the divekick to quickly go back to the ground safely.
Well,maybe give galamoth a really high defense (not high as axe armor)  to balance it?