September 25, 2018, 08:08:37 AM

Author Topic: 0.5.17a - beta 5  (Read 35766 times)

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Respect: +46
Re: 0.5.00 - beta 5
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
those sprites are several years old. i only recently finished her because of giving her those 2 special moves and item crash, but the sprites were around since 2008 or earlier. i won't be redoing them, lol.
Considering that you've got your hands full with coding this game, fair enough I suppose. I wonder if Vedora would ever go back to finishing his Carrie sprites? That one sample on his site looked pretty good.
she wasn't supposed to have any at all in the beginning, i gave her the dagger as a token subweapon so that she even had any. didn't know what else to give her there, really.
Maybe you could let her borrow some more from the standard Belmontean set, barring the ones that are completely holy (Holy Water, Cross, Bible), that is, considering that she's a vampire again now. Or you could give her some of the more unique ones from the PoR set, like the crossbow. I'm going to take another look at them and see which ones aren't too OOC for her after I'm done with the mid-terms, haven't touched PoR again since forever. lol

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 02:06:30 PM »
I have to say, I'm really loving this update - I've been waiting for Juste and Maxim, but I didn't expect to see Maxim in this update! Can't wait for Montano to get added, at which point I will probably be playing this game ceaselessly. I have become quite attached to him for some reason.

I've tried a whole bunch of things, but I can't figure out what the secret thing is. I'd hoped that it being something a lot of people wanted would be a big clue for me, but the only things I could think of aren't it (a serious Jonathan or adding the Agnea to Alucard). I even tried seeing if any of the characters had new alternate forms, but I didn't find anything. The only thing that seemed different was that black Master Skeleton with all the fire around it (I don't recall seeing it before), but I don't use him much so it might not even be new. And I doubt it's the rosary being added to Simon, since it's been talked about in this thread and was listed in the patch notes.

Ugh, I really want to find out what that secret is, but I don't know what else to try...

On an unrelated note, Vlad - what on earth is that animation in your signature? I've been wondering about that for weeks. Is that spinning dude Casshern?

Offline UBerserker

• gold member
  • Spadaleggendaria
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 02:17:49 PM »
So I fought in Survival the girl in serio's avatar. Pretty cool boss.
Sakuya is a bit strange to handle, and couldn't find an use for that Eight-Diagonal-Bouncing-Swords move thing.

Great update though. I remember seeing that uber Dracula sprite set in the textboard era, glad to see it here.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
On an unrelated note, Vlad - what on earth is that animation in your signature? I've been wondering about that for weeks. Is that spinning dude Casshern?
Nope, Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass, AKA Spinzaku. Not really a Code Geass fan though, just thought the edit was silly, and it was a good size for a sig.

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 02:54:36 PM »
Regarding Maxim..i think he seems to be missing that somersault move he had in HoD.

So far he's pretty awesome though! :D

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 03:07:11 PM »
Nope, Suzaku Kururugi from Code Geass, AKA Spinzaku. Not really a Code Geass fan though, just thought the edit was silly, and it was a good size for a sig.

I wondered if maybe it was Code Geass because of the art, but I've never seen the show. Does that scene really happen, or is the Spinmaster superimposed on something else? It looks so utterly ridiculous and hilarious - if that's the tone of the show I might have to go watch it.

Offline Frikman

• i'm a llama. hell yeah
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 03:22:43 PM »
Holy cow. I'll be testing this later, can't wait to see new Dracula sprites

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 03:25:49 PM »
I wondered if maybe it was Code Geass because of the art, but I've never seen the show. Does that scene really happen, or is the Spinmaster superimposed on something else? It looks so utterly ridiculous and hilarious - if that's the tone of the show I might have to go watch it.
Like I said, it was an edit. So yeah, Spinzaku was superimposed on the scene.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 03:33:43 PM »
Like I said, it was an edit. So yeah, Spinzaku was superimposed on the scene.

Oh, alright. I wasn't sure what you meant by "edit".

Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I may be working on that Montano theme sooner rather than later. I'll be moving out once I get married next week, and it may take a while before I get recording stuff set up in the new place.

Offline VladCT

• turbo member
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2012, 03:43:02 PM »
Also, now that I'm thinking about it, I may be working on that Montano theme sooner rather than later. I'll be moving out once I get married next week, and it may take a while before I get recording stuff set up in the new place.
Wow, congratulations! Take your time though, while Serio may be releasing a patch within the next few days or so, there's always the later patch.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »
and until you finish it, i used dmc4 credo battle theme as a placeholder, lol.
Dracula was here

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 04:12:05 PM »
Wow, congratulations! Take your time though, while Serio may be releasing a patch within the next few days or so, there's always the later patch.

Thanks! I'm tempted to take my time with it, but I can't wait for the awesomeness of having a theme I made be in a game. Provided I don't get sidetracked like I usually do, I might try to do something when I get home from work today.

and until you finish it, i used dmc4 credo battle theme as a placeholder, lol.

Fair enough.

Offline Donoffrio

• Do you dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 04:20:04 PM »
Congratulations Rasgar!  :)

''Farts for everyone!''

Offline Undead

• Foolishness Dracula, foolishness.
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2012, 10:23:34 PM »
The skeleton alternate is not the secret. It has been in the game for some time. I've made a topic with the alternate outfits some time ago and I put it up in there by time I made the topic. It's Phantom Skeleton from Lament of Innoncence.

the topic is here: http://serio.piiym.net/CVBla/board/index.php?topic=142.0

I will update it as soon as the beta 5 gets a few more patches.

Offline Omega

• Respect: 0
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »
there's still a pretty big, undiscovered, character-related secret in the game. it's something many people wanted. this is the only hint, i won't say anymore. if it's found, i'll confirm it, so people can stop searching.
Hmmm... maybe Somacula?

general forums