February 18, 2019, 11:54:03 PM

Author Topic: Bosses and stories  (Read 10082 times)

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
  • Respect: +5
Re: Bosses and stories
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 02:08:43 AM »
In other words. He simply and purely snapped. I fail to understand how he is even able to think logically though (You understood me dude. Think logically as in making sense when speaking, not in as trying to erase everything.)

Some of the most evil and insane human beings in history have been blessed with silver tongues.  Ted Bundy could have run for politcal office.  Henry Lee Lucas was quite the charmer.  And let's not forget Adolf Hitler.

Those familair with these people will generally agree that each was a complete nutter--yet each was a well-spoken nutter.

That said, I don't know if "snapped" quite covers what's happened to Uber-Dracula.  He's snapped, he's been corrupted on a molecular level, he's drunk with power, he's suffering the full pains of immortality (since this Dracula has never needed to call in a resurrection), he's angry beyond human comprehension...he's all of these things and probably more.

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
  • My eyes can see everything.
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2012, 04:12:47 AM »
Is it widely accepted here that Death serves a higher power than Dracula, as was hinted on the main canon of the series (Although I don't seem to remember what hints that, specifically)?

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2012, 04:44:26 AM »
Is it widely accepted here that Death serves a higher power than Dracula, as was hinted on the main canon of the series (Although I don't seem to remember what hints that, specifically)?

I'm not sure which game suggests that, either, but no.  Well, not quite.

Aeon and Death are in and of themselves created beings, but I can't imagine an instance where that would be explicitly stated.

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2012, 07:23:08 AM »
Well, I asked because some sources of information (Like TV Tropes) say that Death, in recent games, have dropped hints showing that he serves a force behind Dracula. I wasn't able to reckon and find any true evidence of this, but I did come with a (I have fear to even type this word) theory on what moves him (Outside my Crimson Stone explanation) to serve under Drac. But, as there is no solid proof to that, there rest only theories...

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 08:41:21 AM »
Funny you mention this, because despite the theory "Death is the best friend ever" I also heard somewhere the "Death serves a higher power" one. I also can't recall where, though >__<

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Well... IF (And only IF) this thing were to be true, I can think no one behind Dracula than God himself.
God commands Death.
It was stated on the Chronicles of Sorrow (But subtetly) that to the universe to be balanced, there must have a being of complete darkness, to oppose a being of complete light. Arikado mentions that, if there is the need for one, one will rise to the position previously occupied by Dracula (As seen on the struggle for the overly complicated named novel despicting the events after DoS, where Olrox gives a shot at taking Castlevania's throne, and being attacked by Death on the process).
The motives for me to believe that he works for God (Remember, we are inside the "IF") is that God needs a being of complete darkness to balance the universe, and he sent Death to ensure that this happens. Death is God's agent for Dracula's ressurrection, and since Dracula is "immortal", it becomes quite an analogy while he is at that.
On my eyes, it would also explain why Death speaks not a single word to Soma. Right off the bat, he knows that Soma is not intended to become the next Dark Lord, because Soma is "divided" in two personalities. Dracula's and himself. Death's job is to ensure that a being of complete darkness exists, and since Soma is not fit for the job, Death will simply kill him and have his soul to reencarnate as a true Dark Lord.

In Serio's game, if this were to be true, Death's story could tell that Death came to face Uber Dracula because the universe is not in balance anymore since Uber Drac became a threat to all of God's creation. But he also have the boss Death, which is the same as player Death, and upon their meeting, it could represent that he is playing both roles he is supposed to play (Dracula's servant and double agent of God). It could go along the lines of "We are here to play our roles, so, may the best of us two have his role fullfilled" or something.

Of course, this is all babbling and you can disregard it (I don't wanna mess with anyone's story u.u). It's just something I'd like to talk about on the bosses part.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 09:50:33 AM by ThePlotTwist »

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2012, 05:02:58 AM »
Well... IF (And only IF) this thing were to be true, I can think no one behind Dracula than God himself.
God commands Death.
It was stated on the Chronicles of Sorrow (But subtetly) that to the universe to be balanced, there must have a being of complete darkness, to oppose a being of complete light. Arikado mentions that, if there is the need for one, one will rise to the position previously occupied by Dracula (As seen on the struggle for the overly complicated named novel despicting the events after DoS, where Olrox gives a shot at taking Castlevania's throne, and being attacked by Death on the process).
The motives for me to believe that he works for God (Remember, we are inside the "IF") is that God needs a being of complete darkness to balance the universe, and he sent Death to ensure that this happens. Death is God's agent for Dracula's ressurrection, and since Dracula is "immortal", it becomes quite an analogy while he is at that.
On my eyes, it would also explain why Death speaks not a single word to Soma. Right off the bat, he knows that Soma is not intended to become the next Dark Lord, because Soma is "divided" in two personalities. Dracula's and himself. Death's job is to ensure that a being of complete darkness exists, and since Soma is not fit for the job, Death will simply kill him and have his soul to reencarnate as a true Dark Lord.

In Serio's game, if this were to be true, Death's story could tell that Death came to face Uber Dracula because the universe is not in balance anymore since Uber Drac became a threat to all of God's creation. But he also have the boss Death, which is the same as player Death, and upon their meeting, it could represent that he is playing both roles he is supposed to play (Dracula's servant and double agent of God). It could go along the lines of "We are here to play our roles, so, may the best of us two have his role fullfilled" or something.

Of course, this is all babbling and you can disregard it (I don't wanna mess with anyone's story u.u). It's just something I'd like to talk about on the bosses part.

There's no evidence for this as far as I know.  It truly is just a theory, and borders on fanon.  The truth is that God just doesn't appear much in Castlevania except when a character (like Mathias) mentions its name.  That's literally it.

As for the premise of Death's story, I mentioned my idea for Death's story in another thread a long time ago.  It was similar to your idea, but deals more with ideology and self-preservation than any concept of a greater deity. 

Honestly, I think you should concentrate on Sypha's story, because it's beginning to feel like you're trying to invent the toaster or the telephone or something else that already exists.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 05:10:37 AM by Morrison »

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
  • Respect: -3
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2013, 03:52:30 PM »
As someone who hasn't played Circle and doesn't have any particular desire to, what's Necromancer's characterization?

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2013, 08:42:33 PM »
How comes "characterization"...? Can you be more specific?

I mean, Necromancer acts much like a blind follower of Dracula who is strong enough to hold the hero until the finish of the "rite", but not enough to actually defeat the hero. Acts boastful, and doesn't truly recognize defeat. Much like a phantom "Shaft x Death mix". But I'd recomend you to read the (short) Castlevania Wiki's info on him (http://castlevania.wikia.com/wiki/Necromancer), and watch some vids of his battle to get a better idea.

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 12:31:15 AM »
To me, Necromancer would be a magician obsessed with gaining more knowledge and power. His reason to follow Dracula would be similar to that of the devil forgemasters and also to learn and improve more. While he is not one of the major bosses he is very powerful and he knows it... so I think Necromancer would be pretty much as ThePlotTwist said.
Also... we could make some rivalry appear there.
Here are some random suggestions about this:
-Necromancer and Shaft compete for the mastery of dark arts, including the manipulation of souls.
-Carmilla is not a necromancer, but knows a lot about created artificial souls like the golem and maybe the creature.
-Death doesn't like the fact that someone tries to mess with it's own rules. Bringing the dead back to life is acceptable, but playing with this too much may be bothersome (see The Creature or Golem)
For example: in Master Skelly's story Death thinks that M.Skeleton's creation is 'crossing the line', even for Master Necromancer/Shaft.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 07:14:41 AM »
As someone who hasn't played Circle and doesn't have any particular desire to, what's Necromancer's characterization?

CotM as a whole is pretty bare bones with its characterization. What we can presume based on the game is that Necromancer is a Dracula loyalist, but not much else is established about his motivations, other than securing Dracula's return via that full moon ritual or whatnot. Here's a video for you to take a look at. >_>

Yeah, that's it. Other stuff is by and large speculation, essentially. If it makes any difference though, the Necromancer will be using the visuals from Dracula X/XX on the SNES. :/

"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Morrison

• i'm a llama.
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 03:42:38 AM »
CotM as a whole is pretty bare bones with its characterization. What we can presume based on the game is that Necromancer is a Dracula loyalist, but not much else is established about his motivations, other than securing Dracula's return via that full moon ritual or whatnot. Here's a video for you to take a look at. >_>

Yeah, that's it. Other stuff is by and large speculation, essentially. If it makes any difference though, the Necromancer will be using the visuals from Dracula X/XX on the SNES. :/

It seems like the Necromancer was filling Death's typical role in CotM.

Offline (yber])ragon10]{

• LIGHT - [Machine/Effect]
  • "For Everlasting Peace."
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 09:27:31 AM »
It seems like the Necromancer was filling Death's typical role in CotM.

Yeah, it makes you wonder why Death is loitering around in the Underground Warehouse really. :/
"So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well."
~ Shigeru Miyamoto

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
  • Respect: -3
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2013, 01:04:16 AM »
So he hasn't been added yet, but when he is how are we going to handle Galamoth? He's more than important enough to have dialogue IMO, but why would he be attacking the heroes? He wants to usurp Dracula's throne of darkness, but why did he battle Alucard, and why will he be battling the heroes sent to destroy Uber-Dracula? There are two theories I have: arrogance and target practice. The former means that he doesn't think such pitiful beings are worthy of killing Dracula, and the latter means that he sees the heroes as little more than practice before he fights the big guy. Any other thoughts on this?

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2013, 04:22:12 AM »
He wants to usurp Uber-Drac's throne. By having a hero destroy him, it'll mean the erasure of the Uber-Dimension, and thus, the loss of all that accumuled power. He wants to enslave Uber-Drac so that the power gathered is not lost forever, and needs to ensure that he,  and only he, defeats Uber-Drac, so to keep him alive on purpose, enough to absorb the power himself. Thus, he faces the heroes in hopes no one reaches Drac but himself.