April 18, 2019, 09:42:46 PM

Author Topic: Bosses and stories  (Read 10179 times)

Offline Shadowmaster

• Yes.
  • Respect: +11
Re: Bosses and stories
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »
I felt I'd offer my view on some of the bosses here.

Astarte

(click to show/hide)

Necromancer

(click to show/hide)

Blackmore

(click to show/hide)

Zephyr

(click to show/hide)

Puppet Master (?)

(click to show/hide)

Isaac

(click to show/hide)

Dmitrii/Dimitri/Demitri/Whatever

(click to show/hide)

Evil Soma/Somacula (?)

(click to show/hide)

Sorry if I've just restated some of the things that others may have said about these bosses, but I just thought I'd make a few suggestions for bosses whose plots have not yet been really outlined yet.

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
  • Respect: -3
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 11:18:50 AM »
He wants to usurp Uber-Drac's throne. By having a hero destroy him, it'll mean the erasure of the Uber-Dimension, and thus, the loss of all that accumuled power. He wants to enslave Uber-Drac so that the power gathered is not lost forever, and needs to ensure that he,  and only he, defeats Uber-Drac, so to keep him alive on purpose, enough to absorb the power himself. Thus, he faces the heroes in hopes no one reaches Drac but himself.
How are you so good at theories? Are you a wizard?

Offline ThePlotTwist

• gold member
  • My eyes can see everything.
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 12:48:14 PM »
How are you so good at theories? Are you a wizard?

Ha, thanks there. Since I think Galamoth is going to be a mute boss, if he ever makes it in, I really see no use for creating a solid background for him, really :\
I'm no wizard, I just twist plots, but I hope I can do so with Sypha and Leon...

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 01:13:55 PM »
I'm pretty sure he'll be speaking. I mean, Medusa is. Galamoth may have never spoken in Symphony, but I think only Death, Richter, and Dracula did, so that doesn't mean much. Plus I think he spoke in Kid Dracula, for whatever that's worth.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 03:10:47 PM »
I felt I'd offer my view on some of the bosses here.

This is actually pretty helpful, in particular for Blackmore and Dmitrii. I couldn't think of anything to write for Blackmore when I was writing stories before.

However, I don't think Isaac really needs to be changed from how he is in CoD. We know that the player versions of all characters will be the same person as the boss versions, so the more sanity Isaac has, the easier it will be to write a story for the player version. Of course, the grasp he has on sanity is already tenuous, and I'm not really sure what his (player) story angle could be considering how devoted he is to Dracula. Perhaps it could be something along the lines of not seeing Uber-Drac as the "real" Dracula, or at least not the one that he's devoted his life to.

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2013, 04:22:34 AM »
On Zephyr... I've heard he was based on a character from Fist of the North Star, anyone who watches that know how that guy is characterized?

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2013, 10:23:41 AM »
not fotn, jojo's bizarre adventure.

he has some dio brando influences in him, mostly his time stopping and throwing knives stuff. he just needs za wardo, dropping steamrollers and wryyyy to be complete, lol.

also probably much less noticeable, he might have a bit of edward scissorhands in his design, mainly his hands (his in-game files call him edward too).
Dracula was here

Offline Superscope

• gold member
  • Vampire hunter from Australia
  • Respect: +26
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2013, 12:57:30 PM »
Galamoth was heavily involved in the story for castlevania judgement.

He was the being who created/hired/enslaved the time reaper from the future.
"To describe this madness? Give all the bosses steroids, and put them in a line."
"What is a Belmont? A miserable pile of whips and sub-weapons."
"WARNING - Touhou Fanatic - WARNING"
I Make CVF videos!

Offline Lilfut

• gold member
  • belmont son of belmont
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2013, 02:27:41 PM »
But he never spoke, so all that does is enhance the "mad usurper" characterization that was already there.

Also, what's Dio Brando's characterization like? We could easily just transpose that onto Zephyr.

Offline s̻͔̦͔e̫̣̹͕r̤̗̤̥͔i͎̪̳̺̜o̰̜͓̫̺͖

• administrator
  • chaotic member
  • no personal text here.
  • Respect: +67
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2013, 02:37:08 PM »
Dracula was here

Offline Pasta

• Hikari are!
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2013, 08:20:40 AM »
wryyyyy!!
To tell you the true; I became fan of Jojo's Bizarre adventure thanks to you serio. as I was lurking on the text board and saw you mention Dio a lot, I became curious and... well the rest is history.

Back on topic. I think that if zephyr is gonna be Dio's incarnation on castlevania universe, then he must be a vampire like Olrox. I mean, he somehow is "serving" Dracula but he want to be the master, and so he wants a hero to get to Dracula and finish him off for him, then he can get to that hero and kill him by his own hand to become the new dark lord. Also on DoS there was info about him that said that he was friend of the Chrono mage and also said that the chrono mage wanted to stop Soma from reaching the throne/true and becoming the new Dracula, so it would make sense taht Zephyr was actually wanting that to NOT happend because he wanted to become the new Dark Lord.

BTW for the boss, you could add a "facegrab" with time stop like Dio does.
"Let there be light"

Offline Shadowmaster

• Yes.
  • Respect: +11
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2013, 08:59:59 AM »
Back on topic. I think that if zephyr is gonna be Dio's incarnation on castlevania universe, then he must be a vampire like Olrox. I mean, he somehow is "serving" Dracula but he want to be the master, and so he wants a hero to get to Dracula and finish him off for him, then he can get to that hero and kill him by his own hand to become the new dark lord. Also on DoS there was info about him that said that he was friend of the Chrono mage and also said that the chrono mage wanted to stop Soma from reaching the throne/true and becoming the new Dracula, so it would make sense taht Zephyr was actually wanting that to NOT happend because he wanted to become the new Dark Lord.

I don't think directly copy-pasting the story for Olrox is going to look good, or be original, for Zephyr's character. Two people (Galamoth and Olrox) who want to usurp the throne is enough, I think. As well, nowhere is it stated that the Chronomage wanted to stop Soma from reaching the throne and becoming the new Dracula. All it said is that he tried to "impede Soma's progress", it gave no reasoning for why. Assuming that he tried to stop Soma to prevent him from becoming the Dark Lord is essentially assuming that every single enemy in Aria of Sorrow wanted to stop him for the same reason - and obviously, we know that's not true, considering Death tried to stop Soma as well. I think it's safe to leave the Chronomage's intentions alone, and it's more reasonable to guess that the guy's just a monster allied or working for Dracula that just attacks any visitor he sees, similarly to nearly every monster. And likewise, there's no evidence to suggest that Zephyr has similar intentions.

So, yes, Zephyr being a vampire who wants to usurp the throne really doesn't sound like a good idea, it's already used and has no basis.

Offline Pasta

• Hikari are!
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2013, 11:24:54 PM »
I'm basing that on Dio's personality. You know he's an ambitious man, and I'm just seeing Zephyr as Dio's incarnation on this universe... though it's not necessary to do it so.
"Let there be light"

Offline Malphas

• Lord of the unread.
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2013, 01:37:59 AM »
I included this already in Al's story, but we should discuss Blackmore's personality before I keep writing about him

Let's see. I see Blackmore as a talented performer, obsessed with perfecting his own skill as a screenwriter and collecting shadows in order to have more 'actors' available for his plays. In my story. he also, refers to God as the 'Divine Screenwriter'.

Basic features for his personality:

1-May mention the classics (or mythology stuff, but this one is pretty much optional)

2-Likes to hear a good story in order to have more material to think about.

3-Attempts to call the attention of the audience (player) promising him a nice play made of shadows (and then taking the player's shadow in order to have more actors to play with)

4-When he dies, he is more worried about not seeing the end of the player's story than about his own destruction.

5-He has a sharp mind, but for him everything spins around two main things: theatre and shadows. He simply does not care about anything else not related to this, but may ask questions about the player's motto/origins/story.

Offline rasgar

• Who of you can say?
  • Respect: +39
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2013, 08:49:50 PM »
+1
Personally, I don't really like the idea. I don't see much of a need to add so much characterization to him with how many other story related bosses we've got. Plus, as far as I can tell, it isn't really grounded in anything.

What we know about him can be pretty much summed up by two things:
1. He can use his own shadow as a weapon, perhaps to take other shadows.
2. He feeds on the essence of souls to live.

Seems to me that the two could be closely related - the act of stealing shadows may go hand-in-hand with stealing souls. How did his shadow get so huge and monstrous? One could assume that since he feeds on the souls, perhaps his shadow feeds on the other shadows, growing larger and more powerful with each kill.

I hope I'm not coming off as abrasive or unkind, or like I'm trying to stifle creativity, but such characterization is unnecessary and strange. A lack of established traits isn't really an excuse - suppose that, in order "flesh out their characters", I decided that the Rebirth Succubus/Draculina uses the blood of her victims to fill up her swimming pool that she uses in her free time, or that Zephyr uses his time powers not only to kill people, but also to be an all-star baseball player? That would be pretty weird, wouldn't it?

general forums